Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fitzy101

Dixie said on her twitter to look out for news on a European & Middle East tour soon so maybe we'll get a date in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

They are coming to the Republic, it's just a matter of waiting for the final few things to get sorted out.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Dixie Carter announced via her Twitter www.twitter.com/tnadixie that TNA will return to Dublin on January 24th 2011 at the National Stadium,more info coming soon

if mods could kindly retitle this thread or should I have started a new one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dublin (July 23, 2010): Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling returns to Ireland in January 2011 for “Maximum iMPACT! 2011” - TNA’s biggest and most action-packed tour ever - with tickets going on sale Friday 30th July 2010.

Wrestling legend Ric Flair heads up the roster of stars coming to Dublin’s National Stadium on Monday 24th January 2011.

“The Nature Boy” will be joined by World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam and “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy. All three will be appearing for the first time in Ireland as TNA Superstars.

Also named for the tour are English wrestlers Desmond Wolfe and Doug Williams, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, former TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money and TNA Knockouts The Beautiful People.

The tour also takes in dates in Glasgow, Manchester and London.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “TNA Wrestling has always enjoyed an amazing response from the Irish fans and we all cannot wait to return to Dublin in January.”

“This tour will be our biggest and best yet, and it would not be complete without a stop in Ireland in front of their rowdy wrestling fans.”

Don’t miss the chance to see TNA Wrestling’s “Maximum iMPACT! 2011” European tour:

Tickets from €34 including booking fee go on sale Friday 30th July at 9am through Ticketmaster.ie and usual outlets nationwide.

Special €75 tickets includes Early Entry, Best Ringside Seats, Meet & Greet and Programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I wonder who you get to meet at the meet & greet? If you get the chance to meet Naitch i'm def going

• Advertisement

Id say they will do 2 shows again here , might go for the Meet and Greet this time to see what its like

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That all sounds great. I'll need Mr. Anderson and Pope too! But you can't have it all. Flair, RVD, Hardy; yep it's worth 35 ros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Can't justify paying 75 for a show so I think it'll be a 35 ticket for me. Hopefully this time all the people that they advertise turn up. This is probably a better venue for them than the o2. More intimate and cheaper tickets.

Sounds brill :D Hope they have some big names at the Meet & Greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Think I might buy meself a early X-mas present and get the meet and greet ticket,I've never sat ringside before either so would be doubly cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Is Kurt Angle not on the tour?

Is Kurt Angle not on the tour?

I think he will be, They probably didnt announce him because of the whole storyline going on with him atm about beating every contender or retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Fitzy101 wrote: »
    I think he will be, They probably didnt announce him because of the whole storyline going on with him atm about beating every contender or retiring.

Or they may be thinking they have enough star power already (which in fairness they do) and they may have just given Angle this tour off. I may or may not be going to this show - depends on the finances.

Think i am gonna go for the €75 tickets since if Hardy is not in Jail i will get to meet him.
    Hope MCMG,Pope,Anderson and Lethal pop over

It's so funny when events are announced with massive headliners,everyone wants someone else to be on it,I've been to the other shows so i'm happy enough to have a fresh line up

Heading to Bound for Glory so I won't be buying meet and greet tickets although I normally do and they can be hit and miss organisation wise,Last one everyone had to squash in by ringside barrier while everyone went around and signed

It's odd the free meet and greet they did in Liverpool had more of the top stars than any of the paid ones I went to

Or they may be thinking they have enough star power already (which in fairness they do) and they may have just given Angle this tour off.

That's true, I think Hardy & RVD coming is a big plus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

i suppose hogan and sting are definetely not going on this tour? i know they dont do house shows but when is the last time any of them were in Ireland? i'm pretty happy with the names already confirmed but still wondering about the others..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

are they on sale yet

cena wrote: »
    are they on sale yet

Next Friday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

EdK wrote: »
    Next Friday at 9am

is that on ticketmaster

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    is that on ticketmaster

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I've been to 4 Tna shows,2 in Dublin,1 in Liverpool & 1 in Coventry with a meet and Greet I enjoyed them but when I went to them they had L.A.X Beer Money,MCMG, Angle,Joe with Kong & Gail Kim.Besides McGuinness there is no-one I want to see wrestle.Hardy could be in Prison,Rvd is going through the motions & the chance of Hogan being there by the time this event happens makes me want to skip it.Maybe Bryan Danielson might be there,I'd crawl to Dublin (from Galway) to see him vs Angle.

esprimo wrote: »
    i suppose hogan and sting are definetely not going on this tour? i know they dont do house shows but when is the last time any of them were in Ireland?

Sting was over here with WWA in 2002.

I don't think Hogan has ever appeared at an event over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Great news, i'm well up for this.

After the highly unlikely possibility of getting a ticket for Shamrock Rovers/Juventus, this TNA ticket news has really cushioned the blow for me!

Do you know if ticketmaster still accept telephone bookings, or is it all done on the internet these days? I will be in work 9am friday morning, so will need to sneak off to the toilet to make the call :p

Really hope Hogan, Nash, Hall and Waltman make the tour, just for attitude era nostalga, (i know 3 out of those 4 are 99% unlikely). And a Styles/Angle 60 minute iron man match would be sweet.

I wonder if they will shoot an episode of Impact on this Euro tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm seriously considering getting a meet and greet ticket. It would be f*****g brilliant to meet Flair and Jeff and get a photo/autograph.

Would love, love, love, love, love to meet Angle as well though.

I better brush up on my TNA though as I don't watch their shows really so I've no idea what's going on.

Pope is cool as well.

BTW: How do you get to the National Stadium, I'm based in south Dublin and I won't be driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It's simple to get too, get the 16 or 16a to Lenards Corner and walk towards Griffith College. Its just after the college.

Anybody know any hotels near the stadium? There's a good few of us going and nobody fances driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

When and where exactly is the meet and greet? Is it normally done in the arena a couple hours before the show starts? Or normally a day or 2 before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Charisteas wrote: »
    When and where exactly is the meet and greet? Is it normally done in the arena a couple hours before the show starts? Or normally a day or 2 before?

Usually a couple of hours before the show at the arena.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

I went to the meet and greet last time,i was the first one outside the 02 that day so i thought cool i'll get to meet a few as soon as they let us in everyone started to skip/push pass me i didn't get a photo taken with anyone didn't even get an autograph was so pissed at that point but i found the backstage pass JB hides at some houseshows i got to meet Velvet so i was happy going home,not sure if i should buy the meet and greet tickets this time i hope its not like the last one everyone squashed around the barriers around the ring

Advertisement