Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Dublin?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Was just wondering if anybody thinks TNA will be coming back to Ireland anytime soon for a show?

Or did the low turn out last October throw them off ever coming back again?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure they'll be back; they'll probably just come over less often. TNA love going to the UK, so if they add a Belfast date they'll very likely have a Dublin one.

I've been to TNA's Liverpool, Manchester and Dublin x 2 shows and the last Dublin one (where AJ Styles --the world champion-- didn't appear!) I went to was by far the worst. That said we still made the best of it. They need names on the show for it to generate a good buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fitzy101

A friend of mine who has a cousin working in the O2 told me about 2 months ago that they were coming back in October & tickets would be on sale in June.

Doubt there coming now though...Im kinda annoyed about it but im sure they'll be back soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll be back; they'll probably just come over less often. TNA love going to the UK, so if they add a Belfast date they'll very likely have a Dublin one.

I've been to TNA's Liverpool, Manchester and Dublin x 2 shows and the last Dublin one (where AJ Styles --the world champion-- didn't appear!) I went to was by far the worst. That said we still made the best of it. They need names on the show for it to generate a good buzz.

They announced a 3 date UK tour today but I can't see them coming that far for a 3 day tour so expect more to be added,I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run here due to poor turnout last time but then again their advertising was shocking,They have Hardy,Flair and RVD scheduled so if you can't draw with them you may as well give up, they'd still need to advertise properly though

Also AJ Styles didn't appear in Dublin last time due to the pending birth of his child,I had no problem with him missing the tour for that very valid reason

EdK wrote: »
    They announced a 3 date UK tour today but I can't see them coming that far for a 3 day tour so expect more to be added,I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run here due to poor turnout last time but then again their advertising was shocking,They have Hardy,Flair and RVD scheduled so if you can't draw with them you may as well give up, they'd still need to advertise properly though

Also AJ Styles didn't appear in Dublin last time due to the pending birth of his child,I had no problem with him missing the tour for that very valid reason

Thanks for the info; i didn't know that; was pissed that he didn't show (I wish TNA explained why). Are TNA doing Germany and the rest of Europe after the UK tour?

Was it really a bad turnout? I haven't been keeping up. When was the last time TNA were in town?

So far it's only 3 dates announced London,Glasgow and Manchester at the end of January 2011,Last time TNA were in Ireland was October 2009 and they drew 1500-2000, But as I say I can't see them coming that far for 3 shows so there might be more UK or European dates added

• Advertisement

So far it's only 3 dates announced London,Glasgow and Manchester at the end of January 2011,Last time TNA were in Ireland was October 2009 and they drew 1500-2000, But as I say I can't see them coming that far for 3 shows so there might be more UK or European dates added

True,It would be stupid of them to come over for only 3 shows
    Hopefully they'll do another October tour or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If they did come to Ireland, I'd go just to see RVD. I'd like to see one, last live event I went to had Chris Benoit, and Booker T was World Heavyweight Champ :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hope they do come back over here. Was at the National Stadium show and it was the best wrestling show ive been too. Didnt make it to the O2 show. I think if they do come back here they will have a better attendance due to the fact they will be bringing over RVD/Flair and Hardy (if he is not in jail) .

Hope they do come back over here. Was at the National Stadium show and it was the best wrestling show ive been too. Didnt make it to the O2 show. I think if they do come back here they will have a better attendance due to the fact they will be bringing over RVD/Flair and Hardy (if he is not in jail) .

was that the one with Angle/AJ in the main event and Joe vs Daivari? If so; yeah it was awesome. Crowd was mental!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    was that the one with Angle/AJ in the main event and Joe vs Daivari? If so; yeah it was awesome. Crowd was mental!

It was indeed . Joe was seriously over that night. The one thing about TNA house shows is that the superstars fight as if they were on tv as apposed to wwe. Although since house shows is where TNA make their money they do a good job of getting the fans involved. If they do come over here hope they bring over MCMG since only Shelley was over last time since he was the X Division champ.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/Furious-Red/TNA/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I really enjoyed the last TNA show in the O2 but as was said before. The attendance was horrible. The entire top section was empty (as it was for the last RAW show) but even the main stand had only about 2 sections full. The difference between TNA doing poor ticket sales and WWE doing one is massive. Whatever WWE loses on tickets not being sold they more than make up for it with merchandise. The amount of kids in Cena shirts probably outnumbered the empty seats.

Would love for TNA to come back. The matches were all fun. Even got Joe against Lethal which was pretty decent.

Also TNA need to drop the ticket prices a bit aswell , wwe can get away with that because there will known but TNA need to be careful

TNA'S ticket prices at the national stadium were very reasonable unfortunately they had to put them up quite significantly when they ran the O2 most likely due to the rental cost

TNA'S ticket prices at the national stadium were very reasonable unfortunately they had to put them up quite significantly when they ran the O2 most likely due to the rental cost

Yea the NS was a good price , id say they knew they wouldnt get enough people in so they decided to put up the prices. I think if they leave €60 as the highest they will be doing ok

TNA are dreadfully bad at advertising and promotion though,people need to know the show is on

Great memories from the 02 chants for 3D to put the kid and his mother through the table haha,the beer bash and the fact the wrestlers enjoyed themselves and put in extra effort after a long tour due to the atmosphere

was hoarse leaving the 02 from some great chants but luckily they were giving out free coke zero outside

TNA house shows are always great,the show in Wembley last year went above and beyond anything expected of a house show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tipp_Clash

TNA are dreadfully bad at advertising and promotion though,people need to know the show is on

Great memories from the 02 chants for 3D to put the kid and his mother through the table haha,the beer bash and the fact the wrestlers enjoyed themselves and put in extra effort after a long tour due to the atmosphere

was hoarse leaving the 02 from some great chants but luckily they were giving out free coke zero outside

TNA house shows are always great,the show in Wembley last year went above and beyond anything expected of a house show

haha yeah there was great atmosphere at that show,I loved every minute of it.

Well Flair said in a Digital Spy interview that there looking to make the Maximum iMPACT! 2011 tour a 10 day tour instead of 3 days so maybe they might do a show in Dublin.

Fitzy101 wrote: »
    Well Flair said in a Digital Spy interview that there looking to make the Maximum iMPACT! 2011 tour a 10 day tour instead of 3 days so maybe they might do a show in Dublin.

Wonder would they run the Odyssey instead of the O2?? this time. Personally i would hate that since i prob would'nt have anyone who would head up. Since Flair said it might be a 10 day tour id say we will get a date , plus it would be cheaper to do one big tour instead of the UK tour and then a few months later a European tour

Wonder would they run the Odyssey instead of the O2?? this time. Personally i would hate that since i prob would'nt have anyone who would head up. Since Flair said it might be a 10 day tour id say we will get a date , plus it would be cheaper to do one big tour instead of the UK tour and then a few months later a European tour

Yeah i think it would make more sense just to do it all at once,I remember they added Dublin to the 09 January tour pretty late on so im guessing there going to come here..Id be really pissed if they choose to go to Belfast instead because like you,I would'nt be able to head up to it.

Wonder would they ever try a Live Show over in the UK/Europe

• Advertisement

Wonder would they ever try a Live Show over in the UK/Europe

It would defo be worth a try because really UK/Ireland is their core audience,BFG @ Wembley would be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I have it on good authority that they're going to be running a show at the Citywest Convention Centre

TheTwiz wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that they're going to be running a show at the Citywest Convention Centre
    Wow didnt no Citywest had a place like that. That would be perfect for TNA actually . The venue part is really nice going by the pictures

TheTwiz wrote: »

Looks like the perfect place & Im sure they could fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Any more news regarding the TNA tour?

If they dont announce new dates before the weekend, im going to go ahead and buy a ticket for the Manchester show.

It's a big difference between getting flights and a hotel in Manchester compared to hopping on the number 50 bus from Dame Street to Citywest.

TNA is set to return to France in 2011 with two shows:

January 21st - Tony Garnier Hall in Lyon
    January 22nd - Zenith Arena in Paris

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/279420937.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

chordtype wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the last TNA show in the O2 but as was said before. The attendance was horrible. The entire top section was empty (as it was for the last RAW show)

there was still a big difference between the 2 shows:

TNA: 1500-2000
    WWE RAW - 4000 - 4500

Looks like TNA wont be running the show in Citywest anyways
    The Citywest hotel, conference centre and golf complex has gone into receivership with Martin Ferris & Associates appointed by the Bank of Scotland (Ireland) to look after its affairs while a new owner is sought.

It was reported over the weekend that owner Jim Mansfield had been in negotiations with American investors to buy the business for around €1 billion.

On a more positive note, the Mansfield Group’s Oonagh Murray Nealon confirmed this afternoon to Hot Press that: “All the events we’ve got booked in like the Top Gear festival and Dionne Warwick are still good to go.”

Open for the past 18 years, City West employs around 400 people in Saggart, County Dublin.

http://www.hotpress.com/Citywest/news/Dublins-Citywest-complex-goes-into-receivership/6676369.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ah well there's always the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght!

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Ah well there's always the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght!

Better than nothing eh? haha

Advertisement