Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Charisteas wrote: »
    TNA were in France on Saturday, they didn't fly into Dublin until Sunday afternoon, landed sometime after 3pm. Must have been some local indy guys.

D-Lo and Jeff Jarrett were there anyway.
    Pretty recognisable fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TastySpoon

Great photos! Were they taken in the hotel
    Yeah in the hotel and residents bar that we managed to get into!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Im assuming thats the radisson hotel they were staying in, were they drinking or something?? XD

And as soon as i seen flair dancing to 'I love Rock and roll' at the arena i knew it wouldn't end well!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RichyX wrote: »
    I think TNA held one of their gut check sessions in the National Stadium on Saturday.

I was in there around 2.30 looking to get a few interviews for a documentary I'm working on. D-Lo was in the ring going through things with 4 lads I didn't recognise, but I would say most of them were Irish. Jeff Jarrett was sitting in the stand looking on.

I did see a few NLW/NWA heads around the bar area on Monday nite in the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TastySpoon

*tripsi* wrote: »
    Im assuming thats the radisson hotel they were staying in, were they drinking or something?? XD

And as soon as i seen flair dancing to 'I love Rock and roll' at the arena i knew it wouldn't end well!
    Yeah the Radisson. Flair was the only one drinking except Earl Hebner who had a few pints. But Flair was knocking back red wine like it was going out of fashion

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Have decided to go to the show in Manchester last minute,should be great if it's half as good as Monday night!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cool! If u find any more nice vids/photos pls post 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Congratulations to Irish Whip Wrestling's Mandrake, The Supermodel, Captain Rooney, Angus Rotanda & Walter Alexander who all received exclusive try outs before the TNA show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Congratulations to Irish Whip Wrestling's Mandrake, The Supermodel, Captain Rooney, Angus Rotanda & Walter Alexander who all received exclusive try outs before the TNA show

Proof or GTFO!
    :P

It would be cool if mandrake got it. He would do a lot better with tna than WWE.
    Imo that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What station is TNA on TV here? It used to be Bravo but I see it's moved to Freeview in the UK. Just wondering how people in Ireland can watch it??

G-Money wrote: »
    What station is TNA on TV here? It used to be Bravo but I see it's moved to Freeview in the UK. Just wondering how people in Ireland can watch it??

At the moment it's Sky Subscribers only but it might be added to the UPC package.... so for me anyway it's...

PIRATESLIF.PNG

I did see a small guy in the ring with Matt Morgan and Douglas Williams when we got to the building and someone filming it,was wondering what was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

G-Money wrote: »

It'll be on Challenge TV soon.
    I've seen Impact on Setanta Ireland a few times on Saturdays, seemed fairly up date too.

Went to Manchester last night good show if much the same as Dublin got to hang with Ric Flair last night for about 2hrs which was very cool he's still buying drinks the legend haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Why were ya disapointed ?

Just didn't compare with the last TNA show in the National Stadium. The line-up wasn't as great and some guys seem to be just phoning it in. I mean the highlight was Ric Flair and he wasn't even wrestling.

It's not to say there weren't good points; The opener was great and I enjoyed seeing how Haskins is growing more and more every time I see him. The Beer Money - British Invasion match up was great. But at the last tour there were so many highlights, even watching Joe kill Davari for 10 minutes was fantastic! I don't doubt that the night was also affected by the loss of AJ, Shelly and Angle, which is out of their control I know, just unfortunate that it happened.

I dunno, maybe because the last few shows I have been too were in England and Japan and they wheren't house shows so they pulled out more, so I was expecting too much from it. I had more fun at the last DCW show than I did at the TNA show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

EdK wrote: »
    Went to Manchester last night good show if much the same as Dublin got to hang with Ric Flair last night for about 2hrs which was very cool he's still buying drinks the legend haha

How did the Dublin crowd compare to the Manchester crowd in terms of atmosphere and demographic?

For a guy who's been to two shows on the tour (i did it last time I believe; which featured Joe vs Daivari both times) the 2nd time it wasn't half as special since i'd seen them so recently; but 2nd time round i was with my mates in Manchester so it was just as enjoyable. (1st time with the GF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Judging by naitch's reputation I bet he didn't end up paying for the drinks.

Well he signed for them so i didn't get to find out

• Advertisement

How did the Dublin crowd compare to the Manchester crowd in terms of atmosphere and demographic?

More of them obviously so they were louder but they couldnt coordinate their chants and just went with boring England chants the whole time no imagination,Demogrpahic was odd 5-60 all types

More of them obviously so they were louder but they couldnt coordinate their chants and just went with boring England chants the whole time no imagination,Demogrpahic was odd 5-60 all types

Jeff Hardy directed chants?
    :p

CMpunked wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy directed chants?
    :p

A couple of stolen ones

I actually seen JB editing this before the show

dammit. bet me to it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Borash said the Ireland fans are rabid and the venue was sold out.

Full interview details and context. http://www.wzronline.com/wrestling-news/aj-styles-jeremy-broash-speak-out-impact-more.html

So would you say we are rabid? Passionate certainly and loud but rabid. I wouldn't bracket us as an old style ECW crowd

rowdy and a little bit merry -- just like all wrestling fans should be!

Do you think TNA would now start to consider doing a taping over in the UK since you look at the turn out for this tour was pretty good especially with the Wembley show

166431_500606116025_31695961025_6315596_68877_n.jpg

Like even in Dublin they are gettin bigger turn outs in America when the tour. Even though it would be cool for a taping in Dublin but i would def make the trip over to the UK for tapings , they could still do a 1 or 2 tapings in one night and then move onto Glasgow or Manchester for 2 other tapings

Is there ANY downside to TNA upping roots and moving to Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is there ANY downside to TNA upping roots and moving to Europe?

They most likely wouldn't be able to draw crowds remotely close to those size every week.

Advertisement