Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My previous long-term girlfriend was a virgin until she was 21 , and then she lost it to me after 4 months of our relationship.

Found absolutely nothing weird about it at all. She just never felt right about sleeping with anyone else or never was too pushed about it. She's not ugly or has a bad personality, she just waited.

I'd rather someone waited until they were 30 than someone who did it early just to get it out of the way. Because trust me, doing it to simply get it out of the way is not the way you'll want to remember it in the long run. As krudler said most guys your age are dogs, plain and simple, and will do absolutely anything to get their "bit", so if you can, try and not mind what they say, as some people are quite hurtful but the best thing to do is ignore them.

When you do lose it to someone you want to lose it to, you'll feel so much better when that day comes, and in hindsight you'll laugh at those idiots who have made you feel bad, because they are just idiots, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Then why do guys avoid girls who are virgins if they like it? :O Guys give mixed signals tut from my pov anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lillywhite1

unregging wrote: »
    Then why do guys avoid girls who are virgins if they like it? :O Guys give mixed signals tut from my pov anyway

I would ignore any bs about guys liking virgins. Any guy who thinks like that is not worth a second though, in my view. To be honest it would suggest to me that they are so insecure that they dont want to look silly with someone with experience. But I would not give them another thought.

And remember as someone mentioned earlier guys in the late teens early 20's can be some of the most moronic examples of humanity. I was there and I was that moron.

In my view, you should not worry about having sex for the first time. When you meet someone you really like who likes you it will happen and it will feel right. If you do it on any other occassion you will regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

OP Do you have someone you can talk to? I think that's important as your parents
    should be more supportive and grateful your not sleeping around. As for guys your
    age trust me they are moron's and if they are persistently teasing you it's probably
    because they are also virgin's. Being a virgin is NOT something you should be ashamed
    about you would regret it if you slept with someone you didn't have feelings for.

Hey guys
    I guess im just desperate to feel wanted by a guy. Ok grand, im a virgin. It wouldnt be as difficult to accept if guys didnt ignore me .Like literally, ignore me. I have no guy friends because none of them wanna be friends with me coz of this. Im convinced at this stage. I beginning to think a rumour has been spread because guys literally avoid me !! :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

miss5 wrote: »
    OP Do you have someone you can talk to?.

Unregging, If you wanted to talk to me just pm me I think u said u were registered on here right? I'd be happy to talk to u about it if u want:D;). I know how imporant it is to have someone to talk to.As I said in a previous post I felt really bad until I read all this..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was 19 when I eventually found a wonderful guy and lost my virginity Op.
    I would have waited longer if I hadn't met him then.
    Please don't feel that this is anything strange, you will never regret not rushing into it...or "getting it over with"

theres always worse than you, im a 19 y/o male, a nice lad, shy, would treat a girl well and has never kissed a girl...ever!

Hey guys
    I guess im just desperate to feel wanted by a guy. Ok grand, im a virgin. It wouldnt be as difficult to accept if guys didnt ignore me .Like literally, ignore me. I have no guy friends because none of them wanna be friends with me coz of this. Im convinced at this stage. I beginning to think a rumour has been spread because guys literally avoid me !! :(:(

OP dont be worrying about it. You genuinely seem like a lovely gal, but stuck in a circle of crappy friends. If guys don't wanna be your friend they be missing out, especially if their criteria of friend is someone whose not a virgin. If thats how they define friends, then you are better off without, and ya must be just meeting the wrong guys if they're avoiding ya so don't take it to heart, the right guy will come along I promise ya! :)

ya i hope so. its just hard cause guys always ignore me and look at my friend instead. kinda annoying since id do myself up to the nines and no one bothers noticing. . .

• Advertisement

ya i hope so. its just hard cause guys always ignore me and look at my friend instead. kinda annoying since id do myself up to the nines and no one bothers noticing. . .

Yeah I could see why that would be annoying and quite off-putting, but it's just a matter of time before ya meet someone, and don't be worrying about guys preferring or not preferring virgins, its all rubbish, so don't take any of that rubbish to heart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

how do you make a girl like you? Easy ignore her and talk to her friend. How do make a guy like a girl? Flirt with him and then ignore him.

Hi OP, and don't worry. I was a virgin until I was 21, boyfriend was 20 (yes he's younger lol) and a virgin also, and here we are 5 years later still going strong :)
    Most guys that age are idiots (there are exceptions, and I found one of them). Don't do anything you'll regret, as other posters have said, you can only lose your virginity once, don't do it because of peer pressure. You will know when it is right.
    You're doing the right thing and you should be proud of yourself. And 19 is still pretty young, I have two friends (27 and 28) both male and still virgins. And are comfortable waiting for the right person.
    Good luck!!! xx

Advertisement