Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking your hits and overkill!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Yea, his plans should work i got a few ideas for his trigger but sure its do when it done. Hopefully ill be making a 3D computor model and if T4RGET is ok with it i might post it up for everyone, same with the mortar. Plan to do things like that over the summer. Gonna start with his M203's shower grenades and go from there. It will be fully developed so it should be pritty cool. Springs, ball bearings etc will be included

right first time I've heard of any of this and it's my gear:P I wouldn't bother with the 3D I can draw twice as fast as the computer can and all I need is a sketch was able to make the prototype mortar in less than 3hours so I'm good on the drawings :)
    That LAW will take a weekend and that trigger is a quick look at the guide on the interweb:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Talked to you bout it after the grad back at the house. Any ways might be an idea to go back on topic

Talked to you bout it after the grad back at the house. Any ways might be an idea to go back on topic

well the drawing yeah but not the rest.. this is kinda on topic we're talking about the use of the LAW in overkill :P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Played airsoft in Fingal airsoft for the first time today, had some great crack, the only downer was one fukking idiot who wouldn't take his hits. Had two guys on my team hit this idiot at the same time and he proceeded to shoot one of the guys in the lip after being hit 10 times. Not sure if it was the same guy, same dress and helmet, who shot one guy point blank in the head, 2 feet from his head during kill house. This idiot could have easily shouted bang, this crap is not on and the fella who was shot in the head from 2 feet was rightly pissed and left with a euro size bump :mad:

DonJose wrote: »
    Played airsoft in Fingal airsoft for the first time today, had some great crack, the only downer was one fukking idiot who wouldn't take his hits. Had two guys on my team hit this idiot at the same time and he proceeded to shoot one of the guys in the lip after being hit 10 times. Not sure if it was the same guy, same dress and helmet, who shot one guy point blank in the head, 2 feet from his head during kill house. This idiot could have easily shouted bang, this crap is not on and the fella who was shot in the head from 2 feet was rightly pissed and left with a euro size bump :mad:

happens mate, those people should't play... had the same thing before I was lying down and my cousin was shooting over my head, that's two AEG's emptying into a guy (on purpose don't spray and pray i just seen him not taking hits before) and he still didn't take his hits ....

I think i know what overkill is

overkill.jpg

The **** is blocking the pic, if you put in s h i and you can guess the last letter. Makes the Barret 50.cal look like a wimp :)

Or type in 'man with big gun' to google and its the fist pic that comes up

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Back on topic, I was playing at a site the other day and two fellas managed to ruin the day for everyone. One was fond of shouting 'take your hits!' at the top of his voice when he thought he'd hit someone, even someone on his own team told him that he hadn't hit someone at one stage. Then he started overkilling even when someone had shouted 'hit!' and put their hand up.

Another was a guy who wouldn't take his hits and when we finally decided to overkill him and he did take his hit, he wouldn't go back to the respawn! He also at one point when the game was called continued on and full auto'd two guys in the back. When screamed at to cop on and that the game was over, he replied 'well they didn't surrender'.

I lay responsibility for this behaviour squarely at the feet of the marshals who didn't give a briefing, and who alowed this behaviour to continue. IMO good marshalling is crucial to the success of a day. And several marshals are needed for bigger sites or even cqb where not all the angles can be covered.

~Anyway, rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Yea DonJose, We must have been on the same team, Being knocked out of the Kill House Early in the Game, i was Watching from the Side lines, it was my mate who got shot in the lip (we're callng him Bubba Now LOL, after hitting the Guy in the Woodland Helmet, He contuined to Fire,It Was a Diffrent Guy who was dressed Dressed in Multi Cam helmet, who Fired Point Blank in to the Guys Neck, Very Sore i know the there were Word after, i know the Guys left Just Before Lunch, They Were on the Same Team.

Big_G wrote: »
    Back on topic, I was playing at a site the other day and two fellas managed to ruin the day for everyone. One was fond of shouting 'take your hits!' at the top of his voice when he thought he'd hit someone, even someone on his own team told him that he hadn't hit someone at one stage. Then he started overkilling even when someone had shouted 'hit!' and put their hand up.

Another was a guy who wouldn't take his hits and when we finally decided to overkill him and he did take his hit, he wouldn't go back to the respawn! He also at one point when the game was called continued on and full auto'd two guys in the back. When screamed at to cop on and that the game was over, he replied 'well they didn't surrender'.

I lay responsibility for this behaviour squarely at the feet of the marshals who didn't give a briefing, and who alowed this behaviour to continue. IMO good marshalling is crucial to the success of a day. And several marshals are needed for bigger sites or even cqb where not all the angles can be covered.

~Anyway, rant over.

these two lads? where they on the same team? like both on blue team and where they from the same team as in friend team that play together?
    I often find that people pick up 'tactics' like that when they play airsoft for a team and find a way of winning..:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Lads lets not mention sites or retailers by name yeah, if there was an issue be sure to bring it to the marshalls/site owners.

One of the biggest issues I've seen so far is people thinking they hit people when they didn't. That can cause huge arguments some time, I was asked to watch a guy by another customer before so I did.
    I cheater checked him twice too, the other fella shot at him again and before the bb even got to the other side of the place he was flipping.
    The bb went nowhere near the other guy. Then ofcourse as said he stopped taking his hits and I end up taking him out.

He flipped at me saying I was bias (I didn't even knoiw the other guy) but what are you gonna do with fools like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hate when that happens, i only see it as a players point of view. But when your playing and your beside some chap whos going ape **** saying "i hit him blah blah blah" and realistically, there nowhere near the enemy you feel like telling him to cop on.

T4RGET wrote: »
    these two lads? where they on the same team? like both on blue team and where they from the same team as in friend team that play together?
    I often find that people pick up 'tactics' like that when they play airsoft for a team and find a way of winning..:(

Yea t4rget they play on the same Airsoft team, thought the other players on the team were very honest and good gamers on the day, just that guy decided not to take hits on the day, which destroys the day for everybody, as we all know that trust takes a hugh part in Airsoft

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Hate when that happens, i only see it as a players point of view. But when your playing and your beside some chap whos going ape **** saying "i hit him blah blah blah" and realistically, there nowhere near the enemy you feel like telling him to cop on.

Damo were all players, so mist good gamers see it that way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Betty Blue wrote: »
    Damo were all players, so mist good gamers see it that way....
    I was quoting Airsoft Reloaded (well i should have :P) Im sure he sees it in a different perspective when hes marshalling. Thats what i was trying to say :)

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I was quoting Airsoft Reloaded (well i should have :P) Im sure he sees it in a different perspective when hes marshalling. Thats what i was trying to say :)

Sorry Damo I took it up wrong, with regard to airsort reloaded quoate, if we called the marsels every time, somebody wasn't taking their hits, we wouldn't get a game finished, besides both these two contacts I was talking about were no more then four feet away from the respected players and wittnessed be 10-15 other players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bonzo1979

;)

And who said real bullets dont bounch lol

Yea DonJose, We must have been on the same team, Being knocked out of the Kill House Early in the Game, i was Watching from the Side lines, it was my mate who got shot in the lip (we're callng him Bubba Now LOL, after hitting the Guy in the Woodland Helmet, He contuined to Fire,It Was a Diffrent Guy who was dressed Dressed in Multi Cam helmet, who Fired Point Blank in to the Guys Neck, Very Sore i know the there were Word after, i know the Guys left Just Before Lunch, They Were on the Same Team.

There were some dirty cnuts on that blue team, Bubba was rightly pissed off as was my mate!!!

Sorry Damo I took it up wrong, with regard to airsort reloaded quoate, if we called the marsels every time, somebody wasn't taking their hits, we wouldn't get a game finished, besides both these two contacts I was talking about were no more then four feet away from the respected players and wittnessed be 10-15 other players

Then that is a failure on the part of the players, if you witness it and say nothing then you are enabling the practice to continue on that site. If you tell a marshall (either during or after the game or when a marshall walks past) they can deal with it and try to improve on it.

If you just complain when you leave (not pointing at anyone or saying anything) then you'll just annoy the site owners and give the site a bad name when the marshalls never had a chance in the first place.

There were some dirty cnuts on that blue team, Bubba was rightly pissed off as was my mate!!!

Yea Mate They Were alright, Dont Know if you stayed on in the Afternoon but the Gaming improved, Super afternoon.

Yea Mate They Were alright, Dont Know if you stayed on in the Afternoon but the Gaming improved, Super afternoon.

We only stayed the half day, hope to go back this weekend and see some bigger crowds.

• Advertisement

Then that is a failure on the part of the players, if you witness it and say nothing then you are enabling the practice to continue on that site. If you tell a marshall (either during or after the game or when a marshall walks past) they can deal with it and try to improve on it.

If you just complain when you leave (not pointing at anyone or saying anything) then you'll just annoy the site owners and give the site a bad name when the marshalls never had a chance in the first place.

No I Complainted on the Spot, (Like i always do), I feel if you leave Something like that to Fester, Its Gets Worse, breaks out into an agurement

We only stayed the half day, hope to go back this weekend and see some bigger crowds.

Yea Mate We'll be Down There Sunday / Monday, Always a Good Game Going on @ Fingal

Yea t4rget they play on the same Airsoft team, thought the other players on the team were very honest and good gamers on the day, just that guy decided not to take hits on the day, which destroys the day for everybody, as we all know that trust takes a hugh part in Airsoft

yeah thought that... usually the way:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

if we called the marsels every time, somebody wasn't taking their hits, we wouldn't get a game finished,

Then the site should have more marshals, there should be enough marshals to ensure that the majority of players can access one easilly, this is as much a health and safety issue as anything else. Obviously marshals can't be everywhere but I would have thought that in the interest of safety a site should have at least enough marshals so that most players were at least within earshot of a marshal, otherwise there is a serious safety concern should someone suffer an injury.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Then the site should have more marshals, there should be enough marshals to ensure that the majority of players can access one easilly, this is as much a health and safety issue as anything else. Obviously marshals can't be everywhere but I would have thought that in the interest of safety a site should have at least enough marshals so that most players were at least within earshot of a marshal, otherwise there is a serious safety concern should someone suffer an injury.

What about sites that have over 20 acres to them, or multiple floors and hundreds of rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Spetzcong wrote: »

Where did he say that there was not enough marshals???

As it is my site you are referring to, just to dispel any concerns anyone might have..... there is always enough marshals (3/4) on any given day at Fingal Airsoft.

Bren

4 marshalls is a good number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

As it is my site you are referring to, just to dispel any concerns anyone might have..... there is always enough marshals (3/4) on any given day at Fingal Airsoft.

Bren

In fairness to Bren and the rest of the lads who give up their weekends and therefore a chance to get involved in the games, this was an isolated incident.

I have played for weeks in Fingal and never once had I thought there should be more marshals.

With regard to the non hit taking, I don’t think the responsibility for ensuring fairness and sportsmanship should rest entirely on the shoulders of the marshals. (if at all)

The guy who refused to call his hits, is a member of a well established team who have played in Fingal a number of times. The team as a whole should take some responsibility, as it was one of their members who let them down and made the whole team look bad.

It’s all too easy for teams to get a bad rep in this game for cheating and not taking their hits.

(Bubba)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The guy who refused to call his hits, is a member of a well established team who have played in Fingal a number of times. The team as a whole should take some responsibility, as it was one of their members who let them down and made the whole team look bad.

It’s all too easy for teams to get a bad rep in this game for cheating and not taking their hits.

(Bubba)

Unfortunately most teams dont give a **** if they have cheaters or unwieldy bastards on their teams or not. I know we rock a pretty stiff policy on if someones reported on being a dickhead or a cheat, its taken pretty seriously.

Alot of teams just dont a ****.

However, there has to be some responsability on site owners. As a paying customer theres certain things I expect to gain from the day, one expectation is honest play ( how nieve am I

Notice I say site owners. I dont feel marshalls are there to catch cheaters, they are employed to organise game flow and game management. Its an unfortunate side product they have to spend most of their time dealing with **** issues. Probably why skirmishing took such a foothold, and the game depth and complexity in ireland is pretty low compared to everywhere else.

Its funny because from what I gather, sites like cork, mac,seac and the other sites that run in an operational theatre of being the onyl site on that county or whatever, dont seem to have overhwleming cheating problems, as in it isnt an issue ( correct me if im wrong)

Where as its so abundant up here its disgusting, wonder what the main point to take from that is

1) Theres hardly any players outside of Dublin, so whose going to cheat?
    2) Sites are so vast and big outside of dublin, you can cheat and not get caught?
    3) Outside of Dublin, cheating is accepted as par of the game?
    4) Sites outside Dublin are run better and have stronger marshalls and high integrity owners?
    5) Players outside of Dublin are more honourable and sportsmanlike ( which to me means better players)

Interesting when you think about it. And interesting when you hear about the cheating, its always the same people, the same teams , the same sites.

We all have a whinge and moan about it, but nothing ever gets done, kinda amusing when you think about it. You get caught cheating in Golf for example, your kicked out of your club so fast, and your handicap revoked and banned for "X" amount of years...airsoft a supposid "sport" trying to grow, we jsut tolerate these teething issues, that in reality shoulda been sorted within the first year of the game being run legally

(although i do accept that a year into the game there wasnt alot of players so cheating wasnt huge)

Cheating is still huge imo, a change in heart from last year when we had a massive discussion over it and "t3h blackl1st". It happens every single game I go to without fail EXCEPT MAC games cause its just a different vibe, but theres even being occasions there where some guests have been less then obliging to call their hits ( and more obliging to make wild accusations).

I think the difference is now is I jsut try not let it bother me, and dont give two ****s...since I know nothing gets done about it : /

Well said,
    one point on the teams thought. If you say that one of there lads are cheating it reflects on the so naturally they get defensive and say you must be wrong, its not that dont give a s*** its just natural instinct.

In our team if your caught doing it its a three stirke rule and then its a firewall for them which aint fun for them, naturally if it keeps going bye bye but we are all friends and nothing has ever prompted us to do it. Well nearly me once when we wew bout to start a game and we were the bad guys who they had to kill, left there AEG's outside so i changed the hop up on them, lets just say they were not amused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Aynone thats approached me and said " X on your team didnt take his hits"

the reply wasnt

" **** off do you know who we are? "

The reply has been, as has the reply being from other members of the team to whoever

"alright, sound for letting us know, we will have a word and see what the story is, what happend and how blatant was it"

Its usually at this point they tell you

"Well I saw a BB definitely hit his water bladder and he didnt call it"

So realising obviously the player in question wouldnt feel it, you just have a little word with the person involved, in passing, whatever way is comfy.

Most of the peeps ive talked to who have come forward with this sort of thing have been genuine.

There is however a large portion who are the normal " i defo hit him man for real" and it turns out he was miles away thinking his gun shoots 1000yards

And then theres the small minority who say it in a little sly way, loud enough for you to hear, but not actually directed at you, a smart little comment just enough to get you annoyed, enough to give people the impression your a cheat. Usually are rubbish **** players, totally over judge their own capability and range, probably a bit jealous of the noize, and after they just got served, want to make an excuse. Usually get to know these people pretty fast and they dont hold much credability in anything they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

TheDoc wrote: »
    And then theres the small minority who say it in a little sly way, loud enough for you to hear, but not actually directed at you, a smart little comment just enough to get you annoyed, enough to give people the impression your a cheat. Usually are rubbish **** players, totally over judge their own capability and range, probably a bit jealous of the noize, and after they just got served, want to make an excuse. Usually get to know these people pretty fast and they dont hold much credability in anything they say.

angry-leprechaun.jpg

TheDoc wrote: »
    Aynone thats approached me and said " X on your team didnt take his hits"

the reply wasnt

" **** off do you know who we are? "

The reply has been, as has the reply being from other members of the team to whoever

"alright, sound for letting us know, we will have a word and see what the story is, what happend and how blatant was it"

Its usually at this point they tell you

"Well I saw a BB definitely hit his water bladder and he didnt call it"

So realising obviously the player in question wouldnt feel it, you just have a little word with the person involved, in passing, whatever way is comfy.

Most of the peeps ive talked to who have come forward with this sort of thing have been genuine.

There is however a large portion who are the normal " i defo hit him man for real" and it turns out he was miles away thinking his gun shoots 1000yards

I read your two posts and agree full with what you say, and that thing about that cheating should have been dealt with in the first few months of the sport becoming recognised I really do feel is true... people not taking there hits is so annoying but I still don't know if people thinking they hit someone start screaming is more annoying. People have to realise that Airsoft rifles get effected by factors a lot faster than real bullets, as soon as the BB leaves the barrel wind, rain (we all know how those two are in Ireland) , gravity and heat for GBB rifles effect flight path so just because 'he was in your sights' doesn't mean you hit him and like DOC said cannot reach 1000 yards, 60 metres really is pushing an airsoft rifle. I think marshals should have some responsibilities in dealing with overkill and not taking hits but really it falls upon the players themselves. What amazes me is the amount the marshal numbers on sites has dropped in recent months... I started to play a little over a year ago and when I started the only site i went to was HRTA and the amount of marshals there was amazing. I think they do kind of give you confidence that the game will run smoothly. Now i don't know about HRTA now as I haven't been there in ages:( but from my guess it still has the marshal numbers as that is something the owner (we all know him :P) would have seen important.

Anyways that's what I think rant done and back to study:P

When push comes to the shove, a group of players who arrive on a site as an established and coherent team are each involved in some small part in the win or the loss of the game. In that respect, they are therefore complacent in any cheating that members of that team engage in.

It’s not the site owners / marshals’ role to keep a group of adults playing a game with no monetary or financial gain for the winning team in line.

The ‘WIN’ should be, ‘jayus, I played me socks of today, bagged a few scalps, got hit a few times (memo to self, must move quicker / hid better) and had a laugh.

When push comes to the shove, a group of players who arrive on a site as an established and coherent team are each involved in some small part in the win or the loss of the game. In that respect, they are therefore complacent in any cheating that members of that team engage in.

It’s not the site owners / marshals’ role to keep a group of adults playing a game with no monetary or financial gain for the winning team in line.

The ‘WIN’ should be, ‘jayus, I played me socks of today, bagged a few scalps, got hit a few times (memo to self, must move quicker / hid better) and had a laugh.

nicely said, that's usually what we do in the car back from the site, how many you hit? die much? and I usually see where I need to improve, turns out I needed a new rifle:P F2000 haha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

I had a recent experience last weekend. Mate's birthday so he decided to go paintballing (I know, I know, and I did try and convince him to go Airsofting). So there was a group of going, some of us regular airsofters. First half of the day was good fun, fast paced games and honest play till a new group decided to join after lunch. I've seen people not take hits in airsoft, I've seen repeat offenders and chancers.

I have never, ever seen cheating on such a wide scale. Even in paintball where there is a clear marker system in place this was ridiculous. People being clearly hit several times centre body mass in relatively short distances and observed by others including Marshals. It got to the stage where there was no point in even participating as it was no longer a game, more of a "Let's see who can take the most amount of pain" debacle.

The Marshals did try and resolve the problem by talking to the group after a scenario and encouraging fairplay but every time a complaint was made in these "group sessions" it was met by open hostility and even threats of physical violence by the accused. A sort of tic for tac style shouting match along the lines of "well you're not taking your hits", "that’s because you started cheating first" ensued.

Anyway it got me thinking, here is a group of people that probably don't go Paintballing much. For them it's a once or twice a year affair. Go out spend a small fortune on ammo and see who can act out the most amount of scenes from Rambo I-IV. There's no reward for winning (other than bragging down the pub after), there is no penalty for losing, so there should really be no incentive to cheat yet cheating was rampant.

I believe that the cheating was cause by a monkey see, monkey do complex. Imagine you are driving and come across a red light. There are three cars in front of you and no other traffic around. First cars drives off breaking the red light but nothing happens, the second car goes breaking the red light and again, nothing happens. The third car follows suit and gets away. You are now at the red light, still no traffic and just after seeing that the three cars in front all broke the rules but got away with it. Chances are you'll try and break the red light (this is a hypothetical scenario please don't say I'm try to encourage dangerous driving!)

What I'm trying to get at is that there needs to be a clear message sent out that cheating will not be tolerated. Going back to the traffic lights scenario if the first car had been caught and pulled over for breaking the red light, chances are the other drivers would not break the red light. Therefore the first instance of a player caught cheating has to be dealt with immediately and preferably publicly this will send a clear message that cheating will not be tolerated. I understand this is not so easy in practice as marshals cannot be everywhere and often a player may not know he/she has been hit. But, when a player has been caught outright not taking hits he/she should be publicly dealt with. Having the stigma of being a cheater will hopefully discourage any incentive to cheat. If a player is seen to be cheating, but no action is taken, this simply encourages other players to cheat. If this zero tolerance, public shunning approach had been taken last weekend, I believe it would have seriously curtailed the majority of cheating that happened that day.

Sorry for the long post folks but this has been annoying me all week and there's nothing like a bit of internet venting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Bren

I've gamed Fingal plenty of times and love it there as you well know. I've never had a problem with the number of marshals there, my point was that if finding a marshal to report someone cheating is difficult enough that you couldn't be bothered doing it then it would imply a lack of marshals or that the marshals that are there are not deployed effectively, and that a lack of marshals is a potential health and safety issue. I think the truth of it is the poster just didn't want to report the cheaters, in which case, coming on to a internet forum and naming the site is unfair.

H.O.T.A.S. wrote: »
    snip.

It was a long post but wow is it true:)
    thanks for that, simple examples (like reading a 4th class book)
    but seriously you are 1000% correct and totally agree, I think what you said pretty much sums up all the peoples problem here, and taking mutiple hits in paintball in itself should be an incentive to take your hit, those things hurt a lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Here in Ireland, there is an ethos of getting your moneys worth that can often result in cheating:
    "F*CK that! I'm not sitting out now, just cause I'm hit...I paid €50 for this!"
    which ironically drags down the game for everyone, and makes you NOT get your moneys worth.

The honour system needs to be plugged more...if you shoot & they don't call hit, you missed. If you think you were hit, you were hit. If it's phrased and enforced right, it should eliminate the "CALL YOUR HITS!!" - actually, since everyone finds that annoying, is their any enforcable way that shouting that out counts as a blue-on-blue hit? Either the one who shouted, or random team mate? I've found that self-policing works well in most environments so everyone should be kept in check

• Advertisement

Inari wrote: »
    "F*CK that! I'm not sitting out now, just cause I'm hit...I paid €50 for this!"

€50 – where the hell are you playing that your paying that??? :eek:
    Inari wrote: »
    The honour system needs to be plugged more...if you shoot & they don't call hit, you missed. If you think you were hit, you were hit. If it's phrased and enforced right, it should eliminate the "CALL YOUR HITS!!" - actually, since everyone finds that annoying, is their any enforcable way that shouting that out counts as a blue-on-blue hit? Either the one who shouted, or random team mate? I've found that self-policing works well in most environments so everyone should be kept in check

That is how things were explained to me when I started out in the wonderful world of Airsoft. I can’t abide people shouting ‘call your hit’ or ‘take your hits’. All this behaviour serves is to highlight the inadequacies of both players.

I totally agree, the honour system needs to be plugged a lot more. That is experienced individual players and those on teams should be held accountable for insuring they and their team mates play fairly. All to often newer player look to these people as a form of moral compass in the sport, and will often copy their behaviour.

If I engage and hear no shout from my opponent, I have to assume I’ve missed. I continue the engagement (not in a hose them down in a wall of plastic way) until I hear the call or they raise a hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I said €50 to cover the differing costs between paintball, airsoft, and rentals etc...blanket cost. Don't worry I've never paid that much:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I was playing yesterday and got pulled out of a game near the end of the day for not taking a hit. I did not intentionally not take a hit- I assumed it was a ricochet. I'd be taking my hits all day (there were many of them).

In any event, the marshal took me out of the game and I was then accused by him for not taking hits all day :mad:
    When I questioned him further, he told me there were multiple reports that I hadn't been taking my hits. He acknowledged that he hadn't witnessed it beyond the one instant where they pulled me out.

I was livid. I was playing the game fairly. If I got hit I respawned. In fact, I even saw the marshal telling players on the other team to respawn, because they had been hit.

Of course, both teams had been complaining all day that players weren't taking their hits; but it seems I was singled out (maybe because I was the only one not in fatigues on my team) by a group of players on the other team for regularly not taking hits and thus I was deemed guilty until proven innocent.

I'm an honest player and I'm quite happy to hold my hand up and acknowledge I'd been hit (I'm not a fan of pain), but because he was approached by a group of players, he took their word for it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

just happened run across this!in the end id say you were just unlucky liam.i doubt he would have kicked you if it wasnt the last game tho.dont forget the marshals have to go on the word of the other players to an extent.i did see them telling players on the other team to take there hits all thecsame but not kicking them....you were just made an example of i guess.still,a great day and we kicked ass!!

Advertisement