Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatwave Mania! :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^
    Noice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Running around all day at work in more or less a sweat shop. No AC in the place. Now I'm out and it's a gorgeous evening I'm trying to see if anyone wants to head to to the Spanish Arch and chill out.
    I'm on holidays next week, hopefully the good weather will stick for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

colblimp wrote: »
    If you weren't around at the time of the drought in 1976 then you don't know what a heatwave is!

1995 was a real heatwave also. Lasted from mid-June straight till end of Sept, sun every day with no clouds in sight, a miracle at the time in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People saying 'It wasn't hot, just warm':

Fuck off, it was boiling! It's May for Christ's sake - 29/30degrees is just ridiculous.

Sitting my exams in this heat will be impossible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I was thinking more descriptions of what people were doing, not in-depth descriptions of people's balls status

You must be new to After Hours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Took this babe out for the first time this year. :)

I took this babe out for a spin today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Nuggles wrote: »
    Is maith liom buachaillí.

She'll love it.
    brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've only just finished work. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I see...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

can people please stop taking 'babes' out and posting links to pics that aren't babes? was sure at least the second one would be..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I spent the day in the garden laying paving slabs, popped in & out to annoy a few idiots on Boards (the "pro-life" right wingers, mostly) and am now watching the Champions League final with a nice cuppa & a doobie.

F*cking loving the weather - getting a nice farmers tan too.

My fucking ballsack is like a bats wing with the heat.

Fcuker is paper thin, and I fear an imminent attack of wineglow in the folds and the shady side.

Runnells of sweat trickling through the drip folds and getting all bunged up:mad:

When will this **** subside.
    you only need an ice pack
    if you do not have that
    a pack of frozen peas
    dont leave it on so long, you may be left with nothing to complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm in work. :( Bastard place is a green house, stupid architects and designers, lots of glass, but now, an Irish hotel doesn't need air conditioning.

Normally I don't mind warm to hot weather, but I'm not enjoying this at all.

My feet are all sweaty, my balls are stuck, I smell a bit from constantly sweating, and my hairs a mess.

But I'm still smiling. Still smiling. Stupid hospitality job, I want to kill. But I'm smiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

I spent the day in the garden laying paving slabs, popped in & out to annoy a few idiots on Boards (the "pro-life" right wingers, mostly) and am now watching the Champions League final with a nice cuppa & a doobie.

F*cking loving the weather - getting a nice farmers tan too.
    Niiice. Having Milito first g/s + beer + burgers = Happy Feeky. :)

Niiice. Having Milito first g/s + beer + burgers = Happy Feeky. :)

Yup - me dislikey Gemanies immensley, so me happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Loving this weather!
    I complained a little bit yesterday about the sickly heat even though I said I'd kil anyone who complained this summmer!
    As much as we need central heating in Ireland, air conditioning for 2 1/2 weeks a year would be great altogether!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Summer were always long and hot when I were a young 'un" is just looking at the past through rose-tinted sunglasses. Most summers have a short period of warm weather, but there is rarely a summer with prolonged periods of it. 2006 was the last one, 1995 before that, 1989 before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dudess wrote: »
    "Summer were always long and hot when I were a young 'un" is just looking at the past through rose-tinted sunglasses. Most summers have a short period of warm weather, but there is rarely a summer with prolonged periods of it. 2006 was the last one, 1995 before that, 1989 before that.

Ah hush with your "sensibleness" and your "facts." Don't you know we operate on hearsay and conjecture around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I took this babe out today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

gurramok wrote: »
    1995 was a real heatwave also. Lasted from mid-June straight till end of Sept, sun every day with no clouds in sight, a miracle at the time in Ireland.

2006 or 2007 was another hot year also... i erm... can't remember which 1 but, went from April all the way up to end of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

As usual the weather decides to pick up when I have tests:mad:. This is some kind of cruel and unusual punishment being stuck inside studying on such a fine day and I just know the day that I finish will be the day that the weather turns bad again.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dman001 wrote: »

hah, not falling for that one. At least disguise the link!

Dman001 wrote: »
    is that you wearing it, enjoy it
    because tomorrow is the last hot day for a while, that is according to the news. we will see the weather forecast soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If ye can't appreciate good weather I feel bad for ye. We only get it maybe a month a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spent most of the day either chilling in the garden or rambling around the park with my son, kicking football and relaxing.

I love this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Drove to the scenic parts of Dublin I'll never live in.

Eyed up women out of my league.

Eyed up convertible cars I'll never be able to afford.

And all while listening to Thriller on cassette that I found in a bag of tapes under the bed.

PYT is a great song to drive to ..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got my slow puncture fixed
    Drove to Dundrum and bought some wee tiny things for an impending addition to my family ;)
    Ate some ice cream
    Came home and slept cause I was too hot :( :cool:
    Now I'm watcing that gimp Craig Doyle cause the OH is hogging the big tele and I've got the crappy 3 station on :rolleyes:
    That was my day.. Tomorrow, road trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

It's going to get progressively cooler next week. Oh the summer is gone I remember it best Back in the good old world.

We're also entering the The Great Depression MK2.

It was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

karlog wrote: »
    my balls are sticky

heh heh, you said balls:pac:

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Drove to the scenic parts of Dublin I'll never live in.

Wicklow?

Advertisement