Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Only 18 members signed in

Options
  • 22-05-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭

...I guess everyone's out cruising! What a day for driving, all four windows down, sticky tarmac and a 99 wedged between your legs! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Pity I'm working until 8 today and tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Does GTA IV count as being out cruising?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dangerdunf wrote: »

Same here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

...I guess everyone's out cruising! What a day for driving, all four windows down, sticky tarmac and a 99 wedged between your legs! :cool:

Im signed in now i was up in al hayes collecting my new passat :pac: infrstucture forum now to report on the nenagh- limerick road..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just finished work, nice 13hours shift.... thought i am kicking myself for not taking mx5 to work today, i would deffo had a good trip back home! :D

Tommorow ill be working till 5, so meh.... i wount see good weather at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

freighter wrote: »
    Im signed in now i was up in al hayes collecting my new passat :pac: infrstucture forum now to report on the nenagh- limerick road..

Infrastructure forum just got littered with pictures of the new M7 and M8 motorways. So anyone planing on driving Dublin to Cork after the 28th, will have motorway the whole way (mostly) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I was out doing this, need to finish tomorrow:

IMG_0809copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm counting to twelve there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Dangerdunf wrote: »

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Every single bend, tire squeal, from 15mph to 40, it was great :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was in something that had tyre squeal today, FR701 kangarooing down the runway at Kerry airport, I'm surprised some people didnt get a concussion :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I went through almost a full thank of petrol getting to know my new car today (yesterday) and then went for a steak, great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In work again, and boy is it hot out there right now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Was drinking all day yesterday but i'm really looking forward to going for a good spin today, on a nice day, driving is the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just back home from a party last night but will be taking a spin to the beach shortly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

And a few bottles of miller to wash it down;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Went to a BBQ last night and today in Carrick, burnt to a crisp! Great drive home, surprisingly few people on the roads, until I got stuck behind 20 cyclists heading into Dundalk. Its 27*C up here, bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Have to drive back up to Dublin from Limerick in a bit, its going to be torture, have the Aircon out of the Teg and the engine gets so hot even when its on cold warm air comes through the vents, if i have the windows down on the motorway ill be deaf!

The guards will be out too as none of them will want to be in, so that means everyone will be driving like a snail. :(

On the plus side, Vtec and a day like today on the country roads to birdhill will be savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

cronin_j wrote: »
    Have to drive back up to Dublin from Limerick in a bit, its going to be torture, have the Aircon out of the Teg and the engine gets so hot even when its on cold warm air comes through the vents, if i have the windows down on the motorway ill be deaf!

The guards will be out too as none of them will want to be in, so that means everyone will be driving like a snail. :(

On the plus side, Vtec and a day like today on the country roads to birdhill will be savage

The lad in Urban was trying to get me to take mine out, not a hope of it I like my aircon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Drove over the Priests Leap between Cork and Kerry this afternoon, it is some high bloody road, great view too!

Stinicker wrote: »
    Drove over the Priests Leap between Cork and Kerry this afternoon, it is some high bloody road, great view too!

Is that the one from ballylickey to kilgarven....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Done an oil change in the parent's Mazda and gave a good valet to my own car.

Happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I was out doing this, need to finish tomorrow:

IMG_0809copy.jpg

Matt, you should buy a car that doesn't need to be fixed as much (hint hint!). That way you get to drive it more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

freighter wrote: »
    Is that the one from ballylickey to kilgarven....

No but the Priest's Leap starts at the bottom of that road you are talking about which is through the Borlin valley., The Priests leap starts at Coomhola and goes up over the Mountains and down to Bonane, at the summit it is 471 metres high according to the satnav!

According to legend a priest was being pursued by British soldiers intent on killing him and when at the top he instructed his horse to take a fantastic magical leap and he whipped the ground twice and the horse leapt to somewhere down in Bantry town square.

http://www.bonane.com/history/priest_leap.htm

I drove over Sally's Gap this evening, just took it hangy all the way from Tallaght to Bray, this weather makes me just want to cruise rather than rip the roads up.

Got back home at around 10 and didn't want to stop driving so took a spin out to the all night Topaz at Kill, they have a sit down area and I wanted a blast but as soon as I turned onto the N7 at Citywest there was a BMW pulled over by an unmarked Garda Car so I ended up being a good boy :)

On the way back in there was another car pulled over by a different unmarked car, I'd say thee was some amount of Speeding tickets handed out today

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I drove from Roundstone, Galway to Bray today - nice mix of motorway cruising and some twisty roads (yes, they still can be fun in an automatic).

eoin wrote: »
    I drove from Roundstone, Galway to Bray today - nice mix of motorway cruising and some twisty roads (yes, they still can be fun in an automatic).

Yes but your doesn't have vtec :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

JHMEG wrote: »
    Matt, you should buy a car that doesn't need to be fixed as much (hint hint!). That way you get to drive it more!
    My way is more educational, thats why German car drivers are so smart. :P:cool:

For instance, today I fixed a glaring design flaw in the BMW V12 design:
    IMG_0807copy.jpg
    Its not meant to be unscrewing it self like that!

Advertisement