Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armbands

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Surely it's the guy who got shot who should be swapping teams

If we are on the same team, you shoot me, why should i be punished for you being **** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

A minor whinge, but a whinge I've had for some time nonetheless - I suspect the red\blue armband thing might be historically-based from a time before effective camouflage, but today a red armband stands out a fair bit more than a blue one, giving that little bit of an advantage to the blue team if those are the colours used. Maybe a rust red would be about equivalent to blue, if available. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

when i was in ABZ they were using green and brown armbands,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

But do you want the armbands to blend in, that kind of defeats the purpose no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

rabbit-headband.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=381638

Bunnies Vs Bees?

Just a thought. lol

• Advertisement

demonspawn wrote: »
    rabbit-headband.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=381638

Bunnies Vs Bees?

Just a thought. lol

That could be an interesting scenario, HHmmm??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

But do you want the armbands to blend in, that kind of defeats the purpose no?

Just because your wearing an armband does not mean you have to look like your off to an 80's disco. :D
    Wearing subdued colours will make you Pick your targets and not just spray and pray!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

+1 on what Thermo said.
    While I agree that it's necessary to be able to identify your team mates, you've got to allow for an element of cop on - it should be possible to identify your team without having to go to extremes to make them stand out like a sore thumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Bit late for the discussion, but as I was wandering around EHobby is see they do 10 packs of helmets for a resonable $50 (OD or black).
    HT-10-OD_3_mark.jpg

They would be distinctive, and as easy to sanitize between games as masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sliabh wrote: »
    Bit late for the discussion, but as I was wandering around EHobby is see they do 10 packs of helmets for a resonable $50 (OD or black).
    HT-10-OD_3_mark.jpg

They would be distinctive, and as easy to sanitize between games as masks.

Have you ever worn a helemt and a full face mask? Absolute fog fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have you ever worn a helemt and a full face mask? Absolute fog fest
    Nope, and good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

If it were up to me, one team would wear black/blue armbands on both arms that are larger than those used now. The other team would have no armbands.

What about large wrist bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

What about colored face mask's? 1 team get black and the other get O.D. or something along the lines of. No helmet to fog up the mask like mad....still a difference that can be recognized and still subtle enough to keep most happy?? Seems a happy compromise to me.

voodoo1 wrote: »
    What about colored face mask's? 1 team get black and the other get O.D. or something along the lines of. No helmet to fog up the mask like mad....still a difference that can be recognized and still subtle enough to keep most happy?? Seems a happy compromise to me.

People averagely have their own masks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Some people dont like face masks, i only wear them when i play CQB and even then im not too fond of them.
    Might have been said already but in combat you know your mates you fight with, similar in airsoft get a good look at your team, see any unique players etc. Armbands are plenty to recognise friends. If not designate a code word like the famous one in band of brothers ' Flash' and respond with 'Thunder'.
    Lastly i think it adds another dimension to the game play which i enjoy

Advertisement