Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brittish Soldier killed 7 hours after he gets back from Afghan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Do you know anything about the guy to be making that comment, or is it that just because he is in the army he deserves to murdered in the street while out with his family?
    The media glorify it like he's done his country proud,or corpation whatever may be,the fact that he died is terrible.

Ann22 wrote: »
    They're over there following orders in the hopes of eventually making the world a safer place...they're a brave bunch of boys and I feel so sorry for their families. If my son was over there I can't imagine the terror i'd be living with.....Lord have mercy on him, my thoughts and prayers are with his poor family.
    Are you for real???They're idiots.

digme wrote: »

Coz the Taliban are great guys :rolleyes: such wonderful fellas would love to have them over for tea....mind you they would have to leave their head scissors at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

good to see the armchair republicans are still occupying the moral high ground

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why does this have to go into the rights and wrongs of a war at this stage?

A family are tonight grieving for the loss of their son.
    Irrespective of what job he did, a young man was punched or kicked to death by thugs that are as common place in our own home towns as far a field.

Can we condemn them too with as much vitriol and anger - no - lets gloss over that small fact and get to blaming what he might or might not have done somewhere else representing his country like our fellow Irish troops do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

So they should let the Taliban have free reign over Afghanistan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The media glorify it like he's done his country proud,or corpation whatever may be,the fact that he died is terrible.

So now its terrible? In your last post you called it karma.

There are many many jobs in the military, for all you know he is a medic.

So they should let the Taliban have free reign over Afghanistan?
    Why, do you want it ?

So now its terrible? In your last post you called it karma.

There are many many jobs in the military, for all you know he is a medic.
    karma would be a follow of doing something bad to someone else,he hardly got karma for handy out jellytots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

RIP.

• Advertisement

he was a signalman,hardly the sharp end of the spear
    and anyway even if he was an SAS,one-man killing machine he still didn't deserve to die on the streets of his own country that he served
    soldiers go where the government send them,it's not as if they have a choice
    at 22 he was only 13 when the war started...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

Biggins wrote: »

Irrespective of what job he did, a young man was kicked to death by thugs that are as common place in our own home towns as far a field.

He was kicked to death?

Should your sig not read "are the 3" and not "is the 3" btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Irrespective of what job he did, a young man was kicked to death

Huh? , "Witnesses said that after a brief conversation, one threw a punch at the soldier, who fell to the ground and suffered serious head injuries".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Why, do you want it ?
    Do I want what? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Irrespective of what job he did, a young man was kicked to death by thugs that are as common place in our own home towns as far a field.

Can we condemn them too with as much vitriol and anger - no - lets gloss over that small fact and get to blaming what he might or might not have done somewhere else representing his country like our fellow Irish troops do!

Where does it say that? All the article says is that he was punched once. We don't know the circumstances or anything else.
    It's tragic and everything else, but is there really a need for people like us who are in no way involved in the situation to be jumping to conclusions?

punchdrunk wrote: »
    he was a signalman,hardly the sharp end of the spear
    and anyway even if he was an SAS,one-man killing machine he still didn't to deserve to die on the streets of his own country that he served
    soldiers go where the government send them,it's not as if they have a choice
    at 22 he was only 13 when the war started...
    he served a corporation ,hardly a bloody country,so now he has no mind of his own? When did Afghanistan try to invade the uk again?

karma would be a follow of doing something bad to someone else,he hardly got karma for handy out jellytots
    If you want to go on about a hypothetical "Karma" - try this one....

Maybe it was Karma that he was killed.

The thug that did it, might not have killed him but instead equally enrolled some day in the British Army and thus by his clearly low thug mentality, been more responsible for far worse unfortunate, unjustifiable deaths elsewhere!
    (The thug now going to jail when the law hopefully catch up with him)

As sad as the young mans death is, maybe Karma is also deciding the fates of many others too more so!

We're talking "hypothetical's" and "Karma" cuts many ways!

I sympathise for the young mans family - end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sykk wrote: »
    You've watched braveheart one too many times, son.

They had machineguns in braveheart?

Must have been the directors cut.

But uve no idea what sort of person is, u made the comment based on the fact he is a British Soilder. There fore must be evil.

Would you make the same comment if he was a Irish lad serving on the British Army?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Would you make the same comment if he was a Irish lad serving on the British Army?

Sure that's worse according to a lot of people.

• Advertisement

But uve no idea what sort of person is, u made the comment based on the fact he is a British Soilder. There fore must be evil.

He could of been the soundest fella around,IRregardless of nationality,If your stupid enough to go there and work for a corporation, then your an idiot plain and simple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sykk wrote: »
    Sky News

Imagine, his family delighted he's finally home, next minute some scumbag kills him after avoiding death in the war.. Makes me feel ill tbh..

Yeah, England is a kip alright.

he served a corporation ,hardly a bloody country,so now he has no mind of his own? When did Afghanistan try to invade the uk again?

he served a corporation ,hardly a bloody country,so now he has no mind of his own?

can anyone make sense of that statement for me?

lay off the booze

amacachi wrote: »
    Where does it say that? All the article says is that he was punched once....
    Kicked, punched.. whatever methods caused the end of a young persons life by low mentality scum, its sad for the now grieving family, thats my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I always wonder if the people spouting all the "They're killing innocents, no sympathy for them, murderers" would be saying the very same things if the Irish Army were requested to send over some of its troops, who then died in said conflict.

I really doubt they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I always wonder if the people spouting all the "They're killing innocents, no sympathy for them, murderers" would be saying the very same things if the Irish Army were requested to send over some of its troops, who then died in said conflict.

I really doubt they would.

I wouldn't but i wouldn't care either

He could of been the soundest fella around,IRregardless of nationality,If your stupid enough to go there and work for a corporation, then your an idiot plain and simple

So you would say that it was a better place when the Taliban where running the show over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I wouldn't but i wouldn't care either

Aye. There's a difference between not caring and calling the lads murderers for serving their country, ya know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wow, definition of irony; Man returns from war to be killed in his hometown.

That's fùckin' sickening, to be killed at such a young age and the scumbags have now left a child without a father.

England really is in the shìtter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement