Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the angriest you have ever been?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

dan719 wrote: »
    I hate women who do this. Unless you are in actual physical danger you are simply taking advantage of the fact that he won't hit you back to get in a few cheap digs. QUOTE]

I agree, it is awful to see a girl fighting, and I may not be painting the best picture of myself here, but I completely lost my temper, and just saw red! That was a few years ago, haven't lost my temper like that since though...thankfully! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

a) When I get really angry, I mean truly and totally angry with someone, I tend to feel almost ill. My head feels blurry, my mind cannot focus, my hands tremble, my stomach goes into knots, I break out into a sweat and I feel an urge to lash out that I have always (thankfully) managed to (barely) control. This only happens upon feeling utterly and badly betrayed/screwed-over/let-down and so on.

b) Other feelings of anger are released through the more visible signs of anger (shouting, lashing out, etc.) and these are never as psychologically/physiologically demanding to me as the above feeling.

The "a)" anger arises from friends letting me down (or doing things that I perceive to let me down), Chelsea losing matches (as sad as that sounds!:o) and bad beats in poker (again, as sad as that sounds).

The "b)" anger arises from just general idiocy on the part of the general public and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Studying Rene Descartes Ontological Argument, what a dick.

I ripped him a new arse hole in my Philosophy exam. :)

But personally, when I found nudey pics on my exes' computer, I was livid. Found them a few days before my friend died, was in a complete state of shock, the the death happened, I didn't know what to do. Thought I needed him, I didn't. Dumped that arse! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pighead wrote: »
    Suffering leads to nurses. Nurses leads to Coppers. Coppers leads to hot, sweaty, no strings attached, nights of lovemaking.

Lets all get angry.:mad:

McGowans is where its at these days Pighead. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I tend not to have that bad of a temper unless I see a guy hitting a woman. My girlfriend though is a different story. She was out with her friends one night when some guy came up and grabbed on of her friends asses. She took offense to this (as you do) and sent the guy and his friend (who was acting the bollicks and found it hilarious) flying into the wall. This broke one of the guys noses and she went up and kicked the other guy in the balls when he was on the ground for good measure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

some_dose wrote: »
    I tend not to have that bad of a temper unless I see a guy hitting a woman. My girlfriend though is a different story. She was out with her friends one night when some guy came up and grabbed on of her friends asses. She took offense to this (as you do) and sent the guy and his friend (who was acting the bollicks and found it hilarious) flying into the wall. This broke one of the guys noses and she went up and kicked the other guy in the balls when he was on the ground for good measure

Are you dating Chuck Norris?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'd say the angriest I have ever been was the last time I tried quitting smoking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When I discovered a previous wife - now ex-wife - was seeing someone else.
    I can say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Gladiator.

Haven't lost the head in awhile ,
    But something like FF knocking at my door for votes in the next election would make me kneecap people

If I saw someone deliberately hurting a cat, dog or any animal, I would go mad as well, i hate cruelty to animals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I'm not the type to lose my temper easily, I'm really not, but when i do, you need to give me a wide berth because I can turn very nasty and anything or anyone in sight will feel the brunt of it. Now when i say that, I mean, people fcuking with friends or family or with me. I won't start the fight, but I'll definitely rise to it if it hits a nerve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I once got so angered by a TV programme on RTE, that when I was writing my letter of complaint to Mike Murphy's "Mailbag", I actually broke the lead off my pencil.

I have since been to anger management classes & have my violent rage under control now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

nicegirl wrote: »
    dan719 wrote: »

I agree, it is awful to see a girl fighting, and I may not be painting the best picture of myself here, but I completely lost my temper, and just saw red! That was a few years ago, haven't lost my temper like that since though...thankfully! :o

It is not nice to see anyone fighting, unless they a midgets. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Just watching a programme on TV3 about anger, and how people react. It takes alot for me to really loose my temper but when I do, I really loose it! I completely lost the head before in public, and nearly hit the man who caused the problem! Not very good for a girl, but when I loose my temper, I loose my temper! :o
    This other lad hit my ex for no reason, he was just looking for a fight. My ex hit him back, and they were fighting. I lost the head, grabbed the lad that was fighting with my ex, pushed him against a wall, and had my fist back about to hit him! :o My ex had to stop me. That and another similar situation where I nearly hit a man, as I completely lost it! My ex was furious with me....didn't speak to me for a few days...:o

nicegirl strikes again!!

I don't think I get outwardly angry tbh, I find it hard to think of a time when I was angry...........

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

when I get really horribly angry I can feel the blood rushing to my head and my hearing goes funny. ( which is not good as you cant hear the terrible things youre about to say)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

There was once my younger brother pissed me off to a massive extent. Kept at me and at me for about 3 days just pissing me off at any chance he got. One evenin' I lost the plot, dived off the bed and chased him in to the landing, when I grabbed him I was about to punch his lights out but he near bricked it so I threw him on to the floor and I hit the hot press door instead to vent the anger. The door lost and we had to get a new one. By we I mean I had to pay for it.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    nicegirl strikes again!!

Both the posts you are referring to, are about the same incident, and I really lost my temper then, and that was years ago. It takes alot for me to really loose my temper though

Both the posts you are referring to, are about the same incident, and I really lost my temper then, and that was years ago. It takes alot for me to really loose my temper though

shore shore :D
    I'm trying my best to think of something to make you feel better, I just can't, I get angry in my head :mad:

I'm trying my best to think of something to make you feel better, I just can't, I get angry in my head :mad:

???? Why would you want to say something that makes me feel better? I saw the programme on TV3 earlier, and decided to post about how angry people can get

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

???? Why would you want to say something that makes me feel better? I saw the programme on TV3 earlier, and decided to post about how angry people can get

Careful now...she's gettin mad! :P

• Advertisement

ehhhh I just meant I'm trying to think of a time I was angry too to relate but i can't.

Guess I'm just not that defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Have you been drinking again nicegirl?

How's your respectable degree? Its very respectable.

Gerty wrote: »

I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't appreciate it. What has that got to do with thread??? Grow up

Gerty wrote: »

I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't appreciate it. What has that got to do with thread??? Grow up

This is like when they wake up in the hospital in the movies, nicegirl you're in AH, I am your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

last year my daughter and her other half broke up. i stayed out of it, offered my support, back seat, then i found out he had hit her, a team of rugby players could not have saved that guy, i went mad. i didnt care what people said about me, i tore into him. im not proud of what i did, but when it comes to my girls, hell has no fury like a mother, full stop.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I rarely get angry about anything. But hurt a family member or friend and I'll get a bit upset..

Ahh you were referring to me there....
    ehhhh I just meant I'm trying to think of a time I was angry too to relate but i can't.

Guess I'm just not that defensive.

Therefore why you said this is beyond me??

This is like when they wake up in the hospital in the movies, nicegirl you're in AH, I am your doctor.

And as for this post....grow up, and stick to the thread...if thats possible for you to do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is making me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This thread is making me :mad:

Same here.

Anymore bitching etc will lead to infractions/bans/thread closing etc. You know the score by now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Video Game rage I remember that with the PS1, then eventually I got my revenge and in such a fit of rage picked up the Console and broke it by jumping on it in anger.

Once when I was in school and was about 13 this other guy was bullying me by doing annoying thing like pinching me and flicking my ear from behind and had invented a nickname for me which was quite degrading. I was slightly chubby at the time and was bullied on account of that also.

One day I was feeling pretty low after a usual tirade of bullying and waited until lunchtime and took my Hurley and drew it on him full wallop across his back and then proceeded to punch the daylights out of him as I caught him unawares from behind. A friend of his went in to save him and got a belt of a hurley also. Eventually one of the male teachers restrained me and we were separated. I was sent home and the other piece of crap was sent off to the doctors to make sure he was alright.

Anyways I got suspended from School and banned from playing GAA for using the hurley to level him. That evening the bullys father came around to the house making all sort of threats and accusations to which my father put his finger up to his face and told him to get off his property or he'll have a lot worse to deal with than his son (me). Following morning of the suspension I went to school cue much shock and weird lucks. Parents were rang home and my father came in to office, principal goes on about my behavior being unacceptable etc.

The Priest (having more say in the schools running than Principal suggested medicating me) to which he was caught by the collar and pinned up against the wall by my father and told if you suggest anything about my son again I will personally break every rib in your body. Principal intervened and the priest left. I served my suspension and returned to school and left two months later but went to a different secondary school to my primary school peers and ever since that bullying incident I have shut most of the people in my peer group who live locally out of my life.

I got angry and stood up for myself with my fathers backing, it was a lesson that served me well in life, never let anyone walk over or bully you, especially a priest.

Advertisement