Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adams: Government has to go

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Winty wrote: »
    From the side of right against wrong. Many Catholic business people were put to the wall around Derry City due to members of a political party putting them under pressure to support the cause.

By the By

Even people in SF do not see Mr Adams as a good financial rolemodel

"There was also family concern over an alleged attempt by Sinn Féin to insert a clause in the new Trust which would have made Gerry Adams a financial beneficiary. “It came in the draft version of the new trust documents drawn up in 1994 though Adams said that it should read the president of Sinn Féin of the day. We didn’t agree to either”.

http://sluggerotoole.com/2009/12/29/former-hunger-stiker-calls-on-adams-to-resign-from-sands-trust/

Any feedback on the Bobby Sands Trust not trusting Mr Adams, this links to the OP asking do the south want Mr Adams advise on the Economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't see any evidence in that article. Infact, in the opening paragraph it stated:
    Hard-line republicans in Derry have described claims that the Real IRA have co-operated with loyalist drug dealers to import weapons and explosives into the North as "utter nonsense."

I have a strong suspicion that any "claims" made in a newspaper would be taken as gospel by you. Not that I even have an onus on me to defend the RIRA. I couldn't give a monkeys about them. I'm infact baffled as to what the RIRA have to do with Sinn Féin, still. Didn't we clear up this issue a few pages back?

dlofnep wrote: »
    I don't see any evidence in that article. Infact, in the opening paragraph it stated:

I have a strong suspicion that any "claims" made in a newspaper would be taken as gospel by you. Not that I even have an onus on me to defend the RIRA. I couldn't give a monkeys about them. I'm infact baffled as to what the RIRA have to do with Sinn Féin, still. Didn't we clear up this issue a few pages back?

Yes Its a Claim!!!
    What did you expect the RIRA to say yes its all true

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

Yes Its a Claim!!!

I claim that you beat up your wife. Is this true?

Yes Its a Claim!!!

So you understand that there may not be any truth to the said claim, and that there is no evidence to back it up? Do you take every claim on newspapers as gospel?

Well for one - I wouldn't expect a hard-line nationalist paramilitary group to get into bed with the same people that killed their relatives and friends. If the idea of the RIRA being in cahoots with loyalists, and loyalists being in cahoots with the RIRA seems like a plausible scenario to you - then that's fine. To me, it seems utterly asinine.

I'm unsure as to why we are discussing the RIRA however on a thread about Gerry Adams. Might we stay on topic by any chance?

• Advertisement

I'm infact baffled as to what the RIRA have to do with Sinn Féin, still. Didn't we clear up this issue a few pages back?

I wish to withdraw my last post about an article in the Derry Journal.

In the interest of fairness Mr Adams is not connected to the RIRA so lets not muddy the water. The RIRA is not a part of the OP.

So to try and stay on topic, what about the issue with Mr Adams and the Bobby Sands Trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    AS far as I remember Eoghna Harris and De Roosa's old Stickie friends were accused of it by Vincent Brown in Magill magazine. As regards the Provos, if you look up the list of loyalist dead and the organisation accredited to killing them, the Provos can proudly lay claim to that honour of the most kills :)

The Provos also have the record of killing more innocent men women and children than anybody else in Northern Ireland. They have also killed more nationalists in Northern Irlenad than anyone else.

I'm unsure as to why we are discussing the RIRA however on a thread about Gerry Adams. Might we stay on topic by any chance?

Agreed

Thank you Winty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As recent posters have noted, this thread has gone rather dramatically off-topic. Back on topic please.

/mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement