Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, no more TV spots for me either. Seen enough to know I want to see the film!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pixelburp wrote: »
    Watching that clip made me realise something: I don't give a fig about the actual Avengers, I'm most looking forward to seeing Agent Coulson in action. His dry, sarcastic & deadpan ass-kickery is so much enjoyable than the OTT, over-choreographed antics of the superheroes. I think there's something wrong with me :)
    Oh god

He's going to be Whedon'd, isn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Posters in the new Odeon cinema show the movie title as "The Avengers":

Avengers.jpg?t=1333409289

There were two others but I didn't snap them in time.

i never go to the odeon to see other movie again not even the avengers, because odeon reminds me of an airport

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh god

He's going to be Whedon'd, isn't he.
    I ... uhh... don't know what that means :o Or if it's a good or bad thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

If anyone has a spare or can't make it, I'll be forever in their debt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Didn't hear anything yet :( Still plenty of time though! New clip up on the RTE website by the way ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did anybody hear anything from this yet ?

When's the draw?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When's the draw?

I have no idea. Thats why i was asking. Its for the 14th isnt it . Thats this saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I have no idea. Thats why i was asking. Its for the 14th isnt it . Thats this saturday .

The comp closes on the 12th so it wont be announced until probably friday. the 13th. Den den dehhhhh! :eek:

• Advertisement

Skinfull wrote: »

The comp closes on the 12th so it wont be announced until probably friday. the 13th. Den den dehhhhh! :eek:

Think the Show Film First one is expired at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

pixelburp wrote: »
    I ... uhh... don't know what that means :o Or if it's a good or bad thing :)

Whedon does like to kill of characters...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Is it just me or is the hype for this film becoming a little too much?
    I am finding it hard to maintain a high level of excitement about this movie when we are bombarded week on week by new teasers, posters, set pictures and all manner of sneak peaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I am finding it hard to maintain a high level of excitement about this movie when we are bombarded week on week by new teasers, posters, set pictures and all manner of sneak peaks!

I'm still completely ambivalent about seeing this movie and outside of various movie forums I frequent I'm not hearing any buzz for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Whedon does like to kill of characters...

159x700px-LL-ce5e3033_2mebrt1.jpeg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its only a couple of weeks away from release, thats why the advertising has ramped up a bit. I don't think there's near as much hype for this as Prometheus or TDKR.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Did anybody hear anything from this yet ?
    Got an email just there - won 2 tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got an email just there - won 2 tickets :D

Me too! So did my friend who told me about it! Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

I also won tickets, can't wait....

It appears I didn't. Ah well. Any spares, can't make it, I humbly volunteer!

• Advertisement

Ah balls, no e-mail for me. Would have got the train up and everything. Anyone need a date? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I won 2 tickets, absolutely beaming!!!! Best dressed Avenger gets premiere seats apparently :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I won 2 tickets, absolutely beaming!!!! Best dressed Avenger gets premiere seats apparently :D

^Luckiest person in Ireland :)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    ^Luckiest person in Ireland :)

I was gonna post this in the Competitions thread in Games as well for the laugh :pac:

I keep refreshing gmail but nothing appears :(

Will be wanting detailed spoiler free reviews you lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Ahhh equally gutted and jealous of you guys!!

Enjoy!! :D

Ahhh what the hell !! I got an email saying i didnt win :( If anybody has any spare, i will pay !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

The premiere took place last night in Hollywood. Article attached for anyone interested. There are no reviews or spoilers, just some one line reactions.

I was never in Cineworld, will the film be shown in 2d or 3d (really hope it's in 2d).

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was never in Cineworld, will the film be shown in 2d or 3d (really hope it's in 2d).

I suspect, based on experience with previews, 3D.

Although maybe you'll get cool glasses. They appear to be doing Avengers-themed glasses as giveaways, but not sure if they'll be given away at the preview.

Advertisement