Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've seen trailers in the cinema that call it Avengers and others that call it Avengers Assemble. I assume the former were the US trailers being used while the latter are the proper Ireland/UK ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lads - come on, does it really matter at all?

Not gonna stop me seeing it anyhow.
    Japanese trailer is great BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Pter wrote: »
    Lads - come on, does it really matter at all?

Not really. But it's still an embarrassingly shit title. I fear this happening:

Me: "Two for The Avengers please."
    Cinema dude: "The what?"
    Me: "The Avengers."
    CD: "I'm sorry but we don't have a movie by that title."
    Me: "C'mon man...."
    CD: "Excuse me sir but to which movie are you referring."
    Me: "You know, the 'Avengers' movie.... Don't do this, man, please..."
    CD: "I'm sorry sir, I don't have that title on my screen."
    Me: "...... Th-...... *sigh* ........ Avengers......... Assemble....
    CD: "Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Avengers Assemble!? Haha, what a title. Queer."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The tv series they're talking about has nothing to do with marvel comics.

marvel comics created the avengers so has everything do with marvel comics because they own the avengers

• Advertisement

CD: "Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Avengers Assemble!? Haha, what a title. Queer."

Likelihood of scenario occurring: negligible.

Followed by:

Me: Enjoy your menial job - im off to enjoy a movie, no matter its title.

And then the world continued on, with no other consequences.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    marvel comics created the avengers so has everything do with marvel comics because they own the avengers

Thats correct,

They own 'Marvel's The Avengers'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Galvasean wrote: »
    Likelihood of scenario occurring: negligible.

More like:

Me:2 for Avengers Assemble please.
    Guy: That'll be (stereotypically large price)
    Me: Here you go. Thanks.

Serious mountain creation of of molehills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

While it is a sh*te title, how many people are gonna use it? I dont think I heard one person outside of reviewers (and even then it was once at the start) refer to Capt America by its full title. Likewise, next year, a request for "1 ticket to batman" will probably secure your entry to TDKR rather than be told they stopped screening that movie 20+ years ago

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's nice. I wasn't talking about Marvel's Avengers, which was the whole point of the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

he was referring to the british show
    More like:

Me:2 for Avengers Assemble please.
    Guy: That'll be (stereotypically large price)
    Me: Here you go. Thanks.

Serious mountain creation of of molehills.
    I still love the suggestion that was made here, of walking up to the ticket person, smacking your fists on the counter and roaring

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As much as i'd love to do that i'd be afraid it'd be interpreted as theatning behaviour thus getting me thrown out of the cinema :( can imagine it would funny as hell to see someone do it in front of me though

jpcarlow wrote: »

I still love the suggestion that was made here, of walking up to the ticket person, smacking your fists on the counter and roaring

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!

What would be even better is convincing everyone in the queue to do the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'm going to be in London on release week. Plan on seeing it in IMAX. Cannot wait.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!

Go with a group of your mates and have them standing around the lobby. Then when you shout it they all come over to you. Heroic pose is optional

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!

Have I started some kind of meme?

That's it, I want people to record themselves doing this and we'll make a Youtube video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Have I started some kind of meme?

That's it, I want people to record themselves doing this and we'll make a Youtube video!
    My friend is comin back from a year in canada bout two weeks before the premiere, he's already agreed to help me arrange a group of us to do that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Still not entirely sold on this, but I absolutely love the Hulk's design.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/03/30/hulk-smash-stupid-aliens-in-avengers-tv-spot/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,659 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

my buddy Jason has all of us coworkers on his windows phone, such that we all show up as our own revolving tiles with our photos and status updates on FB. To load that up he clicks a tile on his homepage called "The Avengers". So literally he has us assemble, on his phone. I've been seriously outnerded here, wth do I do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Overheal wrote: »
    my buddy Jason has all of us coworkers on his windows phone, such that we all show up as our own revolving tiles with our photos and status updates on FB. To load that up he clicks a tile on his homepage called "The Avengers". So literally he has us assemble, on his phone. I've been seriously outnerded here, wth do I do?

We're going to need a DeLorean, flux capacitor and some plutonium. Then you're gonna see some serious ****. :D Wrong franchise but still.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Posters in the new Odeon cinema show the movie title as "The Avengers":

Avengers.jpg?t=1333409289

There were two others but I didn't snap them in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

New clip from marvel's youtube channel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Aweome. Love the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Posters in the new Odeon cinema show the movie title as "The Avengers":

Avengers.jpg?t=1333409289

There were two others but I didn't snap them in time.

Seen the trailer there which is titled as Avengers Assemble...seems to be a lot of interchanging between the two.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Colmo52 wrote: »
    New clip from marvel's youtube channel :D

Nice. Can see Whedon's touch through out that scene.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Considering we are going to get stuck with the UK DVD/Blu-ray, they should probably just call it Avengers Assemble here as well to avoid confusion.

Did anybody notice the Thor and Captain America Blu Rays were pulled ? I tried to buy them in HMV and was told that they are not going to stock them for another few months .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did anybody notice the Thor and Captain America Blu Rays were pulled ? I tried to buy them in HMV and was told that they are not going to stock them for another few months .

Didn't notice this, I think they are on TV over the next few week though. I am guessing them pulling them means Avengers dvd around Sept/October and a complete box set in time for Christmas.

Advertisement