Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy ... any info

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

How many are they recruiting do you know?

One platoon, 40 recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    One platoon, 40 recruits.

So anyone going for interview shouldn't get their hopes up too high? Just a mate of mine applied and got an email back calling him for an interview in the next two or three weeks, he is full shore he is getting in. After the interview how long should he expect to wait before he hears more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Am i after missing this? I wanted to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What are the chances of being based in dublin ?

None the naval base is in county cork. Although naval patrol vessels sometimes go to Dublin during patrols.

Cleaning is a big thing in recruit training and it doesnt stop when you pass out.
    Plus its not €53 a day sea going you only get half that after the taxman gets his cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

anyone got any updates on the campaign since the psychometrics? anyone got any emails back yet?

I know they said end of June, but i'm just being impatient!:D

• Advertisement

anyone got any updates on the campaign since the psychometrics? anyone got any emails back yet?

I know they said end of June, but i'm just being impatient!:D

No, you'll get an email the same time everyone else gets an email... How did you find the test anyway?

I found pard A and B to be ok, I took my time on part C and got to question 20 but made sure what I had done was right.

Later that day I remembered one or two questions I got wrong through out! :-/

part a and b were good

i got to 26 on c but jaysus was it hard!

the verbal reasoning was interesting, some real tough cookies in it......the comprehension went really well

I was talking to some people after and they said they just chucked down answers willy nilly.

Twas funny actually....when we were leaving, I got into the elevator, presuming that one of the others before me had pressed the correct button. Down we went anyway, doors open, there we are in God knows where. We tried a couple of doors, and alarms started going off.:eek:

Turns out floor one was the basement! haha......so we wait for the elevator anyway and I goes "lads, this is great, we want to navigate the seas, and we can't find our way out of a building ffs.!":D:D:D

part a and b were good

i got to 26 on c but jaysus was it hard!

the verbal reasoning was interesting, some real tough cookies in it......the comprehension went really well

I was talking to some people after and they said they just chucked down answers willy nilly.

Twas funny actually....when we were leaving, I got into the elevator, presuming that one of the others before me had pressed the correct button. Down we went anyway, doors open, there we are in God knows where. We tried a couple of doors, and alarms started going off.:eek:

Turns out floor one was the basement! haha......so we wait for the elevator anyway and I goes "lads, this is great, we want to navigate the seas, and we can't find our way out of a building ffs.!":D:D:D

Yeah on the way out I overheard a few people saying they guessed a lot of the numerical questions. Just have to wait and see, I reckon the fitness test is next for anyone who gets through.

Doesn't make sense to interview them first then possibly fail the fitness after!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

it cant be much longer now till we hear back from the navy. Will you be giving your result on the physcometric even if you dont get through to the next stage? Anybody know what the next stage is it the phyiscal test or the interview??

MRLAZY wrote: »
    it cant be much longer now till we hear back from the navy. Will you be giving your result on the physcometric even if you dont get through to the next stage? Anybody know what the next stage is it the phyiscal test or the interview??

Sometime next week the results are due out, it has to be fitness tests I'd say... How did you find the test? How do you feel about the fitness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Sometime next week the results are due out, it has to be fitness tests I'd say... How did you find the test? How do you feel about the fitness?

It's always been the interview and then the fitness test, unless that has changed recently.

Poccington wrote: »
    It's always been the interview and then the fitness test, unless that has changed recently.

Really? That doesn't make sense though. Would it not save hours of work if they did the fitness and medicals first?

Poccington wrote: »

They changed it back in 2008 when I was going for it, unfortunately the whole competition was called off one week before I was due to go down...

I thought it went ok, The last question was imposible to fin tho. Im just looking forward to see how I got on. I dont mind the fitness because I would think that im fit enough. I think the interview will be the toughest.

I heard that the navy are taking on another class as soon as thisone has fin??..

They changed it back in 2008 when I was going for it, unfortunately the whole competition was called off one week before I was due to go down...

Yes the samething happened to me, I got aletter saying that my test was canceled just a week before I was supposed to do it.

Just got an email saying I got through stage one, and that i'm getting another one on the 5th? How did everyone else do?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Can anyone verify that they got a response e-mail cause I haven't received one yet:(

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Can anyone verify that they got a response e-mail cause I haven't received one yet:(

Hey Juicy,

I also haven't received one but theres also a good few of us who didn't. I only heard of two people who got a response email so far.

Just out of curiosity, what time did you do your test? and test centre number etc?

Hey Juicy,

I also haven't received one but theres also a good few of us who didn't. I only heard of two people who got a response email so far - kielmanator and a girl I know from facebook.

Just out of curiosity, what time did you do your test? and test centre number etc?

My test was on the 9th of july at half one in the hogan mezzanine in croke park. Was there many more tests or was it just the 9th??

Thanks for your reply!!

My test was on the 9th of july at half one in the hogan mezzanine in croke park. Was there many more tests or was it just the 9th??

Thanks for your reply!!

My test was the same time as yours so we were in the same hall. There was also another hall below us doing the test as well, as far as I know. We were session two.

There was also tests at 10am on the 9th so I presume the same two halls were used for those, that was session one. I'm guessing their shortlisting a certain number of people from each session but its only a guess.

Bit silly leaving people waiting on an answer while others already got theirs, wonder what time kielmanator did his test?

• Advertisement

My test was the same time as yours so we were in the same hall. There was also another hall below us doing the test as well, as far as I know. We were session two.

There was also tests at 10am on the 9th so I presume the same two halls were used for those, that was session one. I'm guessing their shortlisting a certain number of people from each session but its only a guess.

Bit silly leaving people waiting on an answer while others already got theirs, wonder what time kielmanator did his test?

Well if all the other halls were filled it would mean a lot of test's to correct but still if two people got word two days how come we haven't heard yet!! It's a bit strange really they said we would here by the end of july and there's only an hour left of work and i doubt they are working tomorrow!!

My cousin hasn't received one yet and he was in at 1300 on the 9th, but ya I got one, from LT McGloughlin (mods snip if inappropriate) saying to expect further emails

I sat mine at 1000 on the 5th floor

My cousin hasn't received one yet and he was in at 1300 on the 9th, but ya I got one, from LT McGloughlin (mods snip if inappropriate) saying to expect further emails

I sat mine at 1000 on the 5th floor

Fair play to ya. So do you reckon they've let the people from session one know first then session two maybe next week?

Fair play to ya. So do you reckon they've let the people from session one know first then session two maybe next week?

To be honest mate I havn't a notion. By all means it's possible, but there's so much to-ing and fro-ing at the moment within the whole DF hierarchy nothing would surprise me. The e-mail said though that interviews were kicking off aroung the 17th:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Amyom

I was on at 13:30 i.e session 2 and got the email so they're hardly doing it by session?

I dunno its strange. The tests are corrected by a machine so the should know straight away who passed and who didn't... Sending out emails to some people and not others is a bit silly in my opinion. Gives the impression their not very well organised...

Just an idea, but out of over a thousand they could be disregarding some of the very low scores, and then taking cross sections of the passing scores and calling them for interview in stages/batches until the quota for stage 2 is met?

Yeah thats another idea, one of the lads rang up anyway and they said all the emails will be out by end of next week so will just have to wait it out!

Ah right sound. Hope it goes well for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maximus-2100

i was in the first session on the 9th and i still havent heard anything at all yet, but now that i have seen the last post im just gonna have to stick out until next week and see then

Advertisement