Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repulsed by housemate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

banquo wrote: »
    I suck at hanging up clothes. I'd have used the tumble drier. Also, no need to worry about rain, etc.

When we grow up and start living with other people, we realise that we and them have come from different households with different ways of doing things. Maybe they never used a clothesline in his house. I lived with a guy who, if you made tea and toast for yourself and finished the toast before the tea, would insist that you get up and wash and dry the plate before finishing your tea. Each to their own.

As for the maggots, it's not really a health and safety issue, it's just a bit manky. It's not like he's keeping them in a pot marked ''Jam: Safe for Consumption'' in the cupboard.

There's probably a few things you do that drive him mad / make him think that you're bananas. Best to try and stay out of each other's way tbh.

+1

Some people just need to realise that we're not all the same. I think anal flatmates are worse than dirty ones because you spend the whole time worrying about what the hell you've done wrong now. The more you're clean and neat, the more they expect, in my opinion. With my ex-flatmate, it got to the stage where she was huffing and puffing because I left the air freshener on the floor beside the toilet instead of on top of it, or left the dishwasher door slightly open instead of closing it all the way. People like this should just NEVER share. I think everyone needs to live with a TRULY bad flatmate to appreciate the normal ones. Everyone has something annoying about them.

Advertisement