Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying over the odds without a care in the world.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

o1s1n wrote: »
    I just remembered one thing I paid over the odds for. A JAMMA Megadrive. It was worth it though!
    ;)I knew it - NO MAN IS IMMUNE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got the art card Ico for £10 in Game. That was a few years back though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only time I went mad with my money was with Xenogears and Suikoden. I really wanted to play Suikoden 2 but wanted to play Suikoden 1 first. Got into an escalating bidding war on ebay with some one and ended up paying 80 euro for it when at the time it was worth 50. Still was a great game and I ended up loving Suikoden 2 even more because of how it tied in with suikoden 1.

Ended up paying a total of 160 euro for Xenogears. Bought it for the going price of 80 from buyrite games who sent me a badly scratched game that didn't work and went tits up the following week. Bought the game again from ncsx for 80. A little over a month later EA rerelease the game for 20 dollars :rolleyes: The wasn't even that good. It was an anime/evangelion fans wet dream but I just thought it was flawed and boring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I spent about 130-140 quid on an atari 800xl , I reckon if I'd shopped around I'd have eventually gotten one for half that .I'd always wanted one as it was my first "proper" computer and I'd gotten sick of either being sniped or my personal favorite , watching the auction end and some uk bidder pick one up for a pittance while I was waiting for the seller to come back with a shipping rate.
    Having said that the machine came from a nice guy over in atariage , who'd helped me out with a ton of stuff before , and it was a mint in box package from dixons back in the mid eighties (tape deck/joysticks/computer, everything was boxed , and THEY were in a seperate dixons/atari box), so I wasnt to put out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The most I paid for a game was 300 on Tempest 3000.
    The game was only released on the Nuon system, a console that was built into a selection of DVD players back in 2001, before being discontinued that same year.
    I bought the Nuon from the states, had to buy another old DVD player for parts, got the game separately from another auction and that was that.
    Awesome game though! Comes up in a few best shooters rankings, but not a lot of people have played it due to the host consoles rarity.
    The game itself now goes for around 120 euro, and the Nuon players themselves are a bit higher now as well.

For a cheaper way of playing Tempest 3000, or rather a free way of playing it, try this homebrew edition called Tsunami 2010.
    http://ainc.de/Games.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement