Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Mountain Plod - 18th July.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,501 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yep, they're my photos. Let me know if you want a HighRes copy (though many of them are pretty awful due to the rain). couldn't tag a large number of people either, as they're not yet updated in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

4 stars (good)
    Let people tag themselves. I dont think you have to bother to do it.

I think you snapped me just as I realised that was you at that corner. A momentary distraction from catching Amidou.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

4 stars (good)
    Yep, they're my photos. Let me know if you want a HighRes copy (though many of them are pretty awful due to the rain). couldn't tag a large number of people either, as they're not yet updated in the system.

Yeah.. when results are up they can all be tagged. Nice photos and it looked lovely early on :) Quite a few people with bloody knees including a bloke (a gard?) on a mountain bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

4 stars (good)
    I look like death warmed up in my photo! Clingin onto my bottle for dear life!

Also cant wait to see the results. Think i finished 1hr 32/33....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

4 stars (good)
    Well done all. Some fine running today. I look forward to seeing the results.
    I have tonnes of photos from the Fairy Castle turn-off (some of them good, before the rain drowned the lens). Had to stop for a while to help a guy with a busted knee, but otherwise got lots of the runners.

Any guidance on uploading them to IMRA's site, or should I just upload them to Flicrk/Picasa?
    Was this a gray haired man in his 50's. Someone fell on front of me as we were going across the ridge along Tibradden Mt. It was the exact kind of fall RQ had a couple of weeks ago, seem to miss his footing at the side of the path and slipped on the slope.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    smmoore79 wrote: »
    I look like death warmed up in my photo! Clingin onto my bottle for dear life!

Also cant wait to see the results. Think i finished 1hr 32/33....

Impressive time! Did you need the bottle? I took one sip from one water station and didn't stop at the other... I can't drink from cups and run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

4 stars (good)
    The guy with the headband was me. I remember passing a guy with a yellow T and another maybe with a dark singlet. Were you one of them?

Ya that was me in the black singlet, was starting to struggle then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

4 stars (good)
    Are the results correct?? Had to do a double take when I saw I was only two places behind slogger.

I dont want to hear that you were taking it easy or anything. That was the race of your life, you hear!? :D

4 stars (good)
    Are the results correct?? Had to do a double take when I saw I was only two places behind slogger.

I dont want to hear that you were taking it easy or anything. That was the race of your life, you hear!? :D

Great run John. Amidou was ahead of me last week so you are doing well to be ahead of him. I'd a good start and a good end but a bad middle, inc. a pitstep off the track in Tibradden :o. Brief race report on my (lack of) training log.

4 stars (good)
    Cracking place and time by Karen Alexander. Wow.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    I was 61st out of 198 finishers and 12th out of 34 in my age group, I'm really chuffed with that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

4 stars (good)
    gerard65 wrote: »
    Was this a gray haired man in his 50's. Someone fell on front of me as we were going across the ridge along Tibradden Mt. It was the exact kind of fall RQ had a couple of weeks ago, seem to miss his footing at the side of the path and slipped on the slope.

Think I saw the aftermath of the incident. He seemed ok and was up and running. Were you wearing a boards top? I was behind a boardsie for most of race

4 stars (good)
    nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Think I saw the aftermath of the incident. He seemed ok and was up and running. Were you wearing a boards top? I was behind a boardsie for most of race
    Yep, fair, balding hair. Finished in 1hr 57min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

4 stars (good)
    Yep, fair, balding hair. Finished in 1hr 57min.

Yup. I was back and forth with you a few times but lost you on the last 2kms, finished 30 odd seconds behind. Great running

4 stars (good)
    Impressive time! Did you need the bottle? I took one sip from one water station and didn't stop at the other... I can't drink from cups and run :)

Yeah I deffo needed the bottle. There was hi 5 carb stuff mixed with water. Think it helped in the end. Also grabbed cups from both stations on the go, though more went over my head with the cups than in my mouth :rolleyes:

Just checked my result. 8th overall. I cant believe that. So happy with that considerin its my first mountain run!! The BHAA runs i normally do deffo helped me..

How did you fair Slogger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

4 stars (good)
    I'd like to thank the organisers, too. It was my first off-road race and with my shiny new IMRA membership, I think I'll have a go at some of the Wednesday night races.

Yeah.. when results are up they can all be tagged. Nice photos and it looked lovely early on :) Quite a few people with bloody knees including a bloke (a gard?) on a mountain bike...
    S'funny, I didn't realize he was part of the Plod race (somebody told me afterwards that he was following the final runners). I thought he was there to chase away mountain-bikers, and as he was on his phone, didn't get a chance to talk to him. It was only afterwards I realized he'd gone the wrong way, heading up towards Fairly Castle/Hill. (I'm some race marker me!).

Nah, this was a young guy in his early thirties. Lacerated his knee on a rock. I used the belt off my trousers to try to slow the blood flow, then ended up with my trousers falling around my ankles for the new few hours. :o

He got a lift back down to his car from the next water-station, and drove himself to the Beacon, so he was grand.

4 stars (good)
    Yeah I deffo needed the bottle. There was hi 5 carb stuff mixed with water. Think it helped in the end. Also grabbed cups from both stations on the go, though more went over my head with the cups than in my mouth :rolleyes:

Just checked my result. 8th overall. I cant believe that. So happy with that considerin its my first mountain run!! The BHAA runs i normally do deffo helped me..

How did you fair Slogger?

13 places behind you! Much room for improvement :) Well done.

4 stars (good)
    Had to give this one top marks.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Many many more photos now on imra event courtesy of John Shiels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Nah, this was a young guy in his early thirties. Lacerated his knee on a rock. I used the belt off my trousers to try to slow the blood flow, then ended up with my trousers falling around my ankles for the new few hours. :o

He got a lift back down to his car from the next water-station, and drove himself to the Beacon, so he was grand.

Cormac MacDonnell. He's been looking for a fourth member for his team for Beast of Ballyhoura two weeks from now. Looks like he's a doubt himself now. Six stitches were required so I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

Sounds like a great race. I hope it becomes a regular fixture. Would love to do it next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

4 stars (good)
    I came 7th, but had absolutely no idea whatsoever that I had performed so well until after the race.
    It was my first IMRA race, hopefully the first of many.
    Hope it becomes an annual event. Great organisation, great atmosphere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

4 stars (good)
    Great day yesterday, really enjoyed "The Plod". Great race and top class organisation from start to finish.
    Set the tone for the day when we had to wait in Marley Park trying to get through the gap in the hedge, all very civil and polite..very nice people on the course and competing.
    Body is sore this mooning but a good soreness, finished in 2.13 :) Garmin says 13.05 miles

Top class event and great value too, well done to the organisers and the marshals on the course and the Garda.

Deffo will do more mountain running

4 stars (good)
    I came 7th, but had absolutely no idea whatsoever that I had performed so well until after the race.
    It was my first IMRA race, hopefully the first of many.
    Hope it becomes an annual event. Great organisation, great atmosphere. :)

I came 8th, ya must have been the guy in black top that tore down the mountain past me with a couple of km left. i couldnt believe your speed!! Had to say fair play as ya passed me out :rolleyes: My legs were gone at that stage..

Now if only you 7th and 8th place runners had registered for team boards, we would have won the team event by a massive margin (59 points) instead of coming second. 2nd place is a great result though (behind Rathfarnham and ahead of SportsWorld). Congrats to SJ, EarlyEvening and Gerard65 for scoring.

4 stars (good)
    Now if only you 7th and 8th place runners had registered for team boards, we would have won the team event by a massive margin (59 points) instead of coming second. 2nd place is a great result though (behind Rathfarnham and ahead of SportsWorld). Congrats to SJ, EarlyEvening and Gerard65 for scoring.

Funnily enough, the thought of joining boards did cross my mind. But also have been thinking about joining a Southside based club. So far Ive done neither and just doing my own thing..

What would be my financial package for joining boardsies?:rolleyes:

Putting your name down for Boards for IMRA races has no implications with regard to what club you join, as it is separate from the Boards AC AAI-affiliated entity.

Your reward would be the satisfaction of scoring some points for the Boards AC team, a privilege that SJ, EarlyEvening and Gerard are enjoying right now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

4 stars (good)
    I came 8th, ya must have been the guy in black top that tore down the mountain past me with a couple of km left. i couldnt believe your speed!! Had to say fair play as ya passed me out :rolleyes: My legs were gone at that stage..

Yeh, that was me, I think you passed me at speed on the narrow downhill stretch of the Wicklow Way, just before the second water station.
    I dont have the confidence to run as fast as you did there. :eek: I was waiting for the better surface before making my move. :D
    I passed a couple of people on the way down, not exactly certain where I passed you.
    Sorry if I seemed a bit rude when I went by, I had a stitch coming and going around that point.

Advertisement