Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Football Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Roar wrote: »
    a horrible vision just flashed before me..

Adidas Power Soccer...

Truly terrible and shameless game, couldn't believe I was playing an adidas ad. Convinced me that I didn't want predator boots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

try this one : complete with a not so secret (even in days before the interwebs ) bug which allowed you to score goals at will within 10 seconds....

tecmo world cup 90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDR58LZ497Y

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

horgan_p wrote: »
    try this one : complete with a not so secret (even in days before the interwebs ) bug which allowed you to score goals at will within 10 seconds....

tecmo world cup 90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDR58LZ497Y
    We had this in our local chipper for age's but if I remember (I might be dreaming) the teams were at club level, Madrid, Milan, Barca etc .Good time's and you always got value for your 10p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

anyone remember a footie game in the arcades where every so often, a streaker would run onto the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We had this in our local chipper for age's but if I remember (I might be dreaming) the teams were at club level, Madrid, Milan, Barca etc .Good time's and you always got value for your 10p

Yea i remember that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Roar wrote: »
    anyone remember a footie game in the arcades where every so often, a streaker would run onto the pitch?
    Yeah lol,that was Taito Power Goal.Sometime's a dog would interupt play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yeah lol,that was Taito Power Goal.Sometime's a dog would interupt play too.

ha ha yeah I remember the dog now! cheers sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

im surprised no one has mentioned striker on the snes, was a great game with indoor matches and all. me and my mates spent hours playing it. also goal on the nes, but id imagine that has aged terribly. actua soccer wasnt bad, not great though. fifa international soccer, fifa 95 and iss were the kings though

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 on the Amiga.
    Two player.
    Competition Pro joysticks.
    Beer.
    (optional: bourbon biscuits)

Close second: all of the above except on a PC via WinUAE.

Kick off 2 for the amiga is a classic. Real skill required.

There are still international meets organised each year

http://www.ko-gathering.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Kick_Off_2_World_Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

im surprised no one has mentioned striker on the snes, was a great game with indoor matches and all. me and my mates spent hours playing it. also goal on the nes, but id imagine that has aged terribly. actua soccer wasnt bad, not great though. fifa international soccer, fifa 95 and iss were the kings though

Striker here on this post :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65978461&postcount=33

It was called Elite Soccer in the states so thats what the you tube video says. I stay play it today on the snes emulator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

glasso wrote: »
    Kick off 2 for the amiga is a classic. Real skill required.

There are still international meets organised each year

http://www.ko-gathering.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Kick_Off_2_World_Cup

Best footy game on the Amiga. I miss my amiga :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Still say you cant beat ISS Pro purely for the commentary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Best footy game on the Amiga. I miss my amiga :(
    Youre mad if you think kickoff 2 was better than SWOS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played the hell out of this game as a kid:

The closest I've ever come to playing a soccer related game obsessively :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

^^
    Found a complete version of that in the attic a while ago :pac:

CiaranC wrote: »
    Youre mad if you think kickoff 2 was better than SWOS
    +100!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I played the hell out of this game as a kid:

The closest I've ever come to playing a soccer related game obsessively :pac:

Interesting.... Take a look at these.

Soccer Kid on Amiga. There was also a port called The Adventures of Kid Kleets on the snes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is the little things that make a great football game, such as the ability to knee somebody in the face.

Football champ, I salute you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

marco_polo wrote: »
    It is the little things that make a great football game, such as the ability to knee somebody in the face.

Football champ, I salute you.

Yep what was it with football arcades at that time:)

• Advertisement

I had to dig this one out... eventually found it!

Sensible Soccer 92-93 Meets Bulldog Blighty... playing as soldiers with a hand-grenade, which randomly explodes. Priceless!

sensi-bulldog-blighty-1.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ehis_jump.png
    Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on c64.

You could edit the data by hand and save it to tape. I had dozens of leagues set up and spent thousands of hours playing it.

CiaranC wrote: »
    ehis_jump.png
    Holding hands in the penalty area? Steady on! What kind of a football game is this? :eek: :)

Advertisement