Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

That one for some dental product with Clíodhna Ní Bhuachalla, where there's a subtitle "Clíodhna Ní Bhuachalla, Broadcaster". I really just couldn't give a flying frack what she is.

Yeah, I have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

I don't like the one with all the farmers going on about Irish rashers and sausages.
    Their accents are awful and I can barely make out what they're trying to say.
    They make my ears sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The TV licence ads. Then I won't have to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It's not on tv, but that fcuking ad in the corner down there somewhere saying I should get out more.
    Fuck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Oh that one with yer one with the hairy legs. Optilase is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Thread clearly inspired by that "Cheeky Volvic" c*nt.

Before him the common enemy seemed to be the carol singing bellend off the meteor ad.

Before him maybe the kid who wants to poo at Paul's.

Do any ads or characters from ads just piss you off for no reason? I have had to stop myself throwing the remote at the TV for all of the above :mad:

There is an ad for Van Insurance i think "get 1 day a week free". There is a grey haired dude with a carpenters belt walking around a van talking and that is ok but at the end of the ad he does the "double-clap" of his hands and says "job done" while looking so f-n happy, resourceful and proper. That last part is not ok, grey haired dude! Makes me really really angry, every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

nibtrix wrote: »
    That credit union ad "Howiya Brian" :mad::mad: hate that one.

Anyone noticed that the standard blurb at the end says the credit unions are regulated by the "Finacial Regulator". Can't imagine how much the ad cost to make and yet they still managed to miss the spelling error...

hehe i like that one, and not because your wan and her 'howiya ronan', but at the end of it, I cant help but say CU Next Tuesday

always cracks me up a lil:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

"Eircom support, Jim speaking".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Ads that are talked about , is that not good marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Thanks to Sony we will be bombarded with Ads By Google in the future. Looks like we'll be breaking our Tv's and our interwebz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jigglywoo wrote: »
    I don't like the one with all the farmers going on about Irish rashers and sausages.
    They make my ears sad.

*Looks at location*

*Holds head in down in hands*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

lonad wrote: »
    Ads that are talked about , is that not good marketing.

I know what you are saying and as the saying goes "There's no bad publicity etc etc", but I can safely say that several instances of bad/irritable advertising has put me off a product. e.g. I'll grab a Ballygowen or Riverrock before I go near a cheeky Volvic. I'm sure I'm not alone here! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

mikom wrote: »
    *Looks at location*

*Holds head in down in hands*

I'm not from Sligo, I just spend a lot of time there and my accent is fairly neutral.
    The Sligo accent has nothing on the ones in that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

and my accent is fairly neutral.

Everybody says that, then they open their mouths and sound like a wookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

That Eircom ad with the gob****e doing that Minority Report type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

They make my ears sad.

They're Irish Farmers, how do you want them to sound? Should they have tried to get Stephan Fry to dub the ad or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Guinness seem to make a lot of ads i hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

RichTea wrote: »
    "Eircom support, Jim speaking".
    That Eircom ad with the gob****e doing that Minority Report type stuff.

Yeah, Jim? Why don't you go marry eircom you gimp!?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Fly Fishing by JR Hartley,

any beauty products that have 'science bits'

That fcuking rolling red cheese,

the laughing cow,

123.ie game show cartoon horror of a 15 minute ad

gillette ad about a guy having his blades checked out - "Oh, how did i not spot that?" CAUSE YOUR a PONCE!

those fcuking happy families playing nintendo games.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

"Welcome to the 123.ie shoooww"

No. Fuck off. And don't just copy a video game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Before him the common enemy seemed to be the carol singing bellend off the meteor ad.

Jesus that AD drove me mad :mad:

These two also drive me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Fly Fishing by JR Hartley,
    Are you kidding? That's a great ad! A classic indeed (if ads can even have classics that is). If they made ads like that anymore I might actually bother watching tv again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

why has no one mentioned the we but any car .com ad i would string whoever made that up by the bolli*

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJSOb_fksM

Why does every Irish phone ad have to contain at least 10 effeminate indie saps showing us how hip they think they are. That knitting one for christ's sake.

Are these the only kinds of people phone companies think use mobile phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Jay P wrote: »
    It's not on tv, but that fcuking ad in the corner down there somewhere saying I should get out more.
    Fuck off!

i was reading through this thread wondering should i or should i not post about this irrritation, im glad someone else did. but i did click through, and even on a 7mb line the site is still slooooowww to load, and i found myself thinking "ok, what now? ok click there, right", wait some more, wait a lot more, then enter your friends e-mail addy's. riiiight- feck off, i'd have called them faster by now. i thought it was more of an events guide site. i assume now all it does is e-mail your friends with a "discreet" :rolleyes: link to the website, so they can wait ages while it loads, just to see me ask do they wanna go out. i cant imagine i'd have too many friends left if i ever used that site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The ad for envirofone that features the two worst actors to ever get excited about a cheque for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Thread clearly inspired by that "Cheeky Volvic" c*nt.

Before him maybe the kid who wants to poo at Paul's.

Do any ads or characters from ads just piss you off for no reason? I have had to stop myself throwing the remote at the TV for all of the above :mad:

Imagine being mistaken for him constantly while out and about.......

....hell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Funkfield wrote: »

Imagine Captain Carol Singer and Volvic Boy made an advert about a comparison website....

....the perfect 5hitstorm of fail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

"It's actually for the dentist...Train tracks are ching ching, bitta cash, know what I mean?"

I would break her fcuking face, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Funkfield wrote: »

Wow... I feel genuine sympathy for you.

How often do you randomly get punched really really hard in the face?

Advertisement