Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options
  • 10-05-2010 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Thread clearly inspired by that "Cheeky Volvic" c*nt.

Before him the common enemy seemed to be the carol singing bellend off the meteor ad.

Before him maybe the kid who wants to poo at Paul's.

Do any ads or characters from ads just piss you off for no reason? I have had to stop myself throwing the remote at the TV for all of the above :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I have had to stop myself throwing the remote at the TV for all of the above :mad:

I find it's easier and less costly to change the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That woman using the plastic cups and wire to tell other mums how to keep their kids healthy.

What a stupid, stupid advert. I wouldn't trust you with a kid if you didn't know how to use a telephone!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There's a new one (i think for Vodafone?) where a guy is about to give a speech and his phone rings. Naturally he answers it (very professional) and its his daughter crying about being dumped or some sh1t!

He leaves immediately and meets her crying in her car to give her a hug. She asks "You weren't doing anything important were you?" to which he replies something along the lines of "Doing the dishes " or something!

It's a retarded ad for so many reasons and i want to break my tv when it comes on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

The gaviscon ad with the firemen.

1. They would die in the stomach
    2. Where does the hose come from?
    3. Thats not how it happens people

Oh....... and these guys really gotta be the worst offenders (although they're so bad that now i find them hilarious)

• Advertisement

smk89 wrote: »

Remember the one where the guys meets "Joe", the traffic cop with heartburn? Everyone starts dancing in the street after she gets rid and all of a sudden you see a guy doing jumping splits in front of the camera!

Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

smk89 wrote: »

Heheh

When that ad first came out it was really badly dubbed by Irish actors. The woman turns up the stereo and then you hear this voice screaming "WHADDA FEELING!!"

Used to leave me in stitches before they changed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Overheal wrote: »
    That's just impressively annoying

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Whoever made the Go Compare ad should have been fired.

It's just so annoying. If they were in this country I'd vow never to use them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

Ads that make you want to break your TV computer
    Party Poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Do any ads or characters from ads just piss you off for no reason?

No. I have no TV. I broke it. 1985.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

The Christmas ad for Vodafone

"merry christmas babe" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm getting really annoyed at the attempts to use stylistic camera or editing tricks in commercials. There's one for some toothpaste that has a dentist talking about it. The first version had some badly-overdubbed Hungarian dentist, so they remade it with "an Irish Dentist". OK, but now they've gone all "edgy", with edits every 1/2 a second, extreme closeups of the side of the guy's head or hands while he's talking. (Too many Stephen Soderbergh films will do that to you.) The cameraman thinks a Tripod is the nightclub he was at the night before, and now he's hung over with the DTs and has forgotten how a camera works. (White Balance? Isn't that a bit racist?)

Another "style" that annoys me is when the camera is always moving ... slowly ... and keeps moving even when the scene changes. It makes the background more "alive", but that tells me that they don't have enough going on in the foreground i.e. the product is boring.

I'm not even a film student, so if I can see this stuff going on, I can only imaging how a real film student feels when seeing such amateurism. If you have to copy someone else's style so explicitly, that means that you don't have confidence in yours.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Isn't there an ads you despise thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

All of the Gillette adverts;

"Welcome to the most innovative shaving experience of your life, we've added another blade!!!!!"

Thats all they do, just keep adding blades, pretty soon we'll be shaving with something that looks like a set of venetian blinds

Although I do love the fact that 2 of their main mascots were Thierry Henry and Tiger Woods, lol integrity fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

That credit union ad "Howiya Brian" :mad::mad: hate that one.

Anyone noticed that the standard blurb at the end says the credit unions are regulated by the "Finacial Regulator". Can't imagine how much the ad cost to make and yet they still managed to miss the spelling error...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Really stupid one for the irish news of the world.

Paul Williams opens the ad by saying ''Irish criminals have changed, they are younger, better organised and much more dangerous'' or something like that. Then he ruins it all by saying: ''thats why i've moved to the irish news of the world''.

I mean, wtf??? How is moving newspaper going to help stop organised crime????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5RTWzH8Nk

I hate him. I hate him so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Those Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Adverts, or more to the recent Crunchy Nut Clusters...

I would not even taste those bloody things,Just in protest of how much I hate those ads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The only ad that makes me turn to violence is brian dowling urging us all to read jordan or Kerry katona's latest shocking struggle in "Closer". Everything that's wrong with the world is summed up in that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

The ad just before the 6 O Clock news with those God forsaken bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

ocokev wrote: »

made me smile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

consultech wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5RTWzH8Nk

I hate him. I hate him so much.

Did you check out the comments at the bottom. I wonder did the Imagine staff get paid overtime for posting them!

Again I have to add a +1 for the "cheeky Volvic" tool. He is a tool!

The Toyota Hybrid synergy drive bull s**t. Its basically a big bag of lies from one end to the next which will of course will fool some people into thinking its true and they will buy one of them hideous prius's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

ocokev wrote: »
    You mean the angelus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

The Perle du Lait ad where yer wan scrunches up her face when eating the crap yogurt.. The when she's eating the other yogurt (and after a healthy dose of makeup, a new filter on the camera and better lighting on the set) she's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

The ad for the 'new' kind of Cornetto drives me nuts, don't know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The only ad that makes me turn to violence is brian dowling urging us all to read jordan or Kerry katona's latest shocking struggle in "Closer". Everything that's wrong with the world is summed up in that ad.

Not only is it incredibly infuriatingly sh1t, but he rattles it off so fast it's as if he has a gun to his head or as if it is his last breath! Cheap c*nts squeezing as much into 5 seconds as possible. How about my knee and your face "get closer"?

Advertisement