Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Appologies for the delayed take-off, there was ash in the... I'll take the Galway photo and get this on the road tomorrow.

First person (who is on the list) to PM me their address can have it next. I'll reply when I get this.

Only just saw today's discussion, bouncing the camera through one person would only highlight who lost it, so too would just posting a message when you send and receive the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

What's the story with these sticker labels?
    Is it to know who took what photo or..?

aaaand,will the pics be posted on here?:D

artyeva wrote: »
    done!!

Thanks, second county will be Mayo!
    storm2811 wrote: »
    What's the story with these sticker labels?
    Is it to know who took what photo or..?

aaaand,will the pics be posted on here?:D

I copied that from Tallon's thread, i think the idea was that it'd be put with the photo if displayed somewhere. I think I'll leave that out actually!

Yeah the photos will definitely be displayed online...

foto joe wrote: »

I copied that from Tallon's thread, i think the idea was that it'd be put with the photo if displayed somewhere. I think I'll leave that out actually!

Yeah the photos will definitely be displayed online...

Suppse we'd need some way of telling which picture is from which county..ah it'll all work out in the end!

• Advertisement

We'll figure that out after! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Cool!
    Go cats Go!

So now Fotojoe leaves a message when the camera has been send out to Artyeva.

Upon receival, Artyeva tells us "Yoink, got it" and the next person in the list PM's their address to Artyeva.

I think it might be a good idea to stick with the alphabetical order of counties - in order to avoid confusion of where it's been? So, next in line are either Ghostintheruins or - when he can't do it - Pullandbang.

I just noticed that this way, the camera will end up in Louth lastly, I'm the back-up person there and would be more than happy to get it developped and posted online - unless KKV is available for shooting. We'll sort that out anyway.

So: TO DO

Foto Joe: Take pic and send camera to Artyeva + notes when camera has left

Artyeva: Leaves a message whens the camera arrives and when it get's send away to either GITR or PnB.

Ghostintheruins: Claims the job and sends address to Artyeva. If not available - PM's Pullandbang to take over

PullandBang: is on Standby! If needed - repeat step above :o

Go Team Go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

i can do a back up for Cork and am available whenever. I could maybe do tipperary if someone living there isnt found. I'm there at least once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Has anyone put their name in for Cavan? - Happy to do it if no-one has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

breadbin wrote: »
    mayo it is so;)

was thinking what if instead of posting it you physically handed it to the next county at the border like? seems crazy but if it didn't work last time with post, might not be a bad idea?

This is a brilliant Idea.... that would cut out the post altogether....... I really like this idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tallon wrote: »
    This is a brilliant Idea.... that would cut out the post altogether....... I really like this idea :)

But half these border places are in the middle of no where (and you should know T. you live in Offlay!)

Sure for those that don't drive (I do) it'd be a 'mare and for those that do it could be quite a schlep.

Instead of having it as a rule then why not an option? For e.g: I'm doing W. Meath but live mostly in Dublin. I could pick it up from someone in Wicklow (only for e.g), drop out and do shoot in Athlone and then drop it off in Dub. Now the Dub could be in Skerries and next drop might be in Naas (you never know). Well that's a trip and a half if you've no car. Why not let those that are passing the baton on figure out the easiest route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

you all heard it, Humber's gonna drive around Ireland with the camera and save us on postage, Thanks Humberklog

lol :D

Tallon wrote: »
    you all heard it, Humber's gonna drive around Ireland with the camera and save us on postage, Thanks Humberklog

lol :D

When you see an ice cream van creepilycrawling over your local drumlin and hear this tune...you'll know what's coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

K guys here is a Suggestion Include a simple log. Say 3 or 4 A4 notepad sheets of paper steapled together and send it with the camera keep the same peice of paper with the camera from the start, foto-joe you right 1 - then the county , then a discription of your photo, next person leaves a few line then writes 2- the county , and a discription. that way when the camera get developed we'd know what pics belong to who as we are only allowed 1 pic per county, also you could simply add a page if its running out of space as we go along too. It would make interesting reading for us all too, and to see why we chose the spots we chose and where they are!

P.S. another idea would be to include 2 cameras, take the exact same pic on both one would serve as a backup to the other should anyone leave a finger in view, or in case of damage, i know it adds to the postage but it makes sense IMO

Why not add a little spice to it and not say whose pic is whose for a little bit? Just pop up the 32 pics randomly and allow them to be be viewed with no narrative for a little while? It'd be a bit of fun guessing which is belonged to who and where. Sure we'll all know our own photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

sNarah wrote: »
    So, next in line are either Ghostintheruins

Damn! I was hoping for time to come up with a good idea for this, feck ye :p

My head hurts now :(

OK time for an update, I've been looking around for a disposible camera on Friday and yesterday but they're all 27exp!! Anyone know who sells one that does more than 32exp? I'll go over to Tesco for a look in a while, was surprised Boots didn't have any.

Here's the up-to-date list;

County|Boardsie|Backup|Status
    Antrim|dreamer_ire
    Armagh| |dreamer_ire
    Carlow|rameire|kwalshe
    Cavan|YourName|kgpixels
    Clare|dryadssaddle
    Cork|Winnieacre|101001
    Derry||homer_simpson
    Donegal|homer_simpson
    Down|ems_12|dreamer_ire
    Dublin|m_s_nixon|slang61
    Fermanagh|
    Galway|foto joe||
    camera_icon.gif
    Kerry|sheesh|Winnieacre
    Kildare|Tallon
    Kilkenny|
    Laois|
    Leitrim|storm2811
    Limerick|Berkut
    Longford|Scamp-
    Louth|Deleted User|sNarah
    Mayo|artyeva|breadbin
    Meath|GhostInTheRuins|pullandbang
    Monaghan|kgpixels
    Offaly||Tallon
    Roscommon|
    Sligo|dakar
    Tipperary|Deedsie|
    Tyrone||homer_simpson
    Waterford|YeGods
    Westmeath|humberklog
    Wexford|Morrisseeee
    Wicklow|xia
    [/QUOTE]
    craigmcc wrote: »
    Has anyone put their name in for Cavan? - Happy to do it if no-one has.

Fully booked up I'm afraid craigmcc.
    sNarah wrote: »
    My head hurts now :(

We'll keep this simple, there's a lot of cooks coming in with different ingredients now!

Simply let the thread know when you send and receive the camera. The list will be updated to show where it's been already then either PM someone who hasn't got it or offer it up for first response. If you want to hand it over on the border, that's up to the two people involved.

Leaving out the labels from the package, no lists either, just a remind of the rules, essentially: Take only 1 photo and don't wind the camera until you're ready to take it, and don't wind after!

Anyone know where sell's a disposible camera with more than 27 exposures?!! :o

I still haven't managed to get one in Galway. Boots had the biggest collection and they were all 27.

foto joe wrote: »
    Anyone know where sell's a disposible camera with more than 27 exposures?!! :o

I still haven't managed to get one in Galway. Boots had the biggest collection and they were all 27.

Maybe send two cameras?But more chance of one getting lost I suppose!

• Advertisement

I think that would take from the whole idea though.

The woman in boots was confused by my insistence on a 32+exp camera when their 27exp ones were buy one get one free!

Tallon where did you get the camera last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i know tesco used to do fuji 36 exp ones that usually gave you 38 if you were careful. maybe they still do?

Oh the interwebs has the answer, 39exp Kodak Disposible for €4.99 on sale!
    http://www.buy4now.ie/sammccauley/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=4195&loc=P&catid=62.5

I'll order it this evening, give anyone in-the-know on disposible cameras to object! ;)

artyeva wrote: »
    i know tesco used to do fuji 36 exp ones that usually gave you 38 if you were careful. maybe they still do?

Couldn't see any in tesco at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

I nipped to the shops there and they had a 39 exposure camera so i got it :pac: Do you want to use this one then?

Nice one! Well if you've bought it then you may as well take the lead on it! I'll forward you artyeva's address that was pm'd to me so.

Anyone know would it be worth spoiling the first exposure on it or should it capture ok from the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

I think they're usually ok, I might aswell take my own pic before sending it off. will get it done and sent in the next couple of days. I'll waste the 1st one just incase

Should be okay really, the first frame, not to worry!

Remember the main rule and put a note with the camera - DO NOT WIND THE CAMERA UNTIL YOU'RE ABOUT TO TAKE YOUR PHOTO! Post it unwound. ;)

• Advertisement

How about opening a new thread once the thing has started moving around?

Yes?
    No?

Advertisement