Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows

Options
  • 06-05-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi im new to all this dont even if im in the right place, does anyone know of a good window suppliers in Ireland or the north or even poland (anywhere). Im looking good value and a good product, someone that might do better for cash. Any suggestions are welcomed.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

PM's please....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Hi im new to all this dont even if im in the right place, does anyone know of a good window suppliers in Ireland or the north or even poland (anywhere). Im looking good value and a good product, someone that might do better for cash. Any suggestions are welcomed.:rolleyes:

Be very careful paying cash especially for something like windows.

Cash equals no receipt, no receipt equals no record, no record equals no warrenty or come back of any kind.

Cash can be a great way to get a deal but when building I'd leave it for things like labour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Technophobe

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

hi Selfbuilderx

what type of product are you looking - its like saying i want a good car at a reasonable price. there is so much choice in the market. i think it is actually the hardest decision to make when building.

you could go for the reliable pvc. a great product for the price although many people just can't stand the look.

theres wooden frames.

theres aluclad - wooden windows with an aluminium cladding on the exterior. you get the lovely feel of wooden windows on the inside while on the outside you have the benefit of a hard wearing painted aluminium.

theres alu wood composite windows which are window frames with wooden interior frame and then an aluminium frame on the outside.

theres the double and tripled glazed argument as well.

what i would recommend is going to some irish showrooms and look at the various products on the market. see what you like and set out a budget.

we bought our windows from in irish importer of danish windows and to be honest from a customer service point of view i'd be very reluctant to spend so much money without having a local contact.

i would also go along with the advice that paying cash for windows wouldn't be the smartest decision. you'd have no comeback if something went awry - murphys law!! many suppliers require that you pay a hefty deposit when ordering. if you were paying cash you are leaving yourself wide open there!!! the irish importer we went with gave us a letter from the danish manufacturer stating that in the event of the irish company going bust they would look after the order. that was a major plus!

pms sent with my experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

hi Selfbuilderx

what type of product are you looking - its like saying i want a good car at a reasonable price. there is so much choice in the market. i think it is actually the hardest decision to make when building.

you could go for the reliable pvc. a great product for the price although many people just can't stand the look.

theres wooden frames.

theres aluclad - wooden windows with an aluminium cladding on the exterior. you get the lovely feel of wooden windows on the inside while on the outside you have the benefit of a hard wearing painted aluminium.

theres alu wood composite windows which are window frames with wooden interior frame and then an aluminium frame on the outside.

what i would recommend is going to some irish showrooms and look at the various products on the market. see what you like and set out a budget.

we bought our windows from in irish importer of danish windows and to be honest from a customer service point of view i'd be very reluctant to spend so much money without having a local contact.

i would also go along with the advice that paying cash for windows wouldn't be the smartest decision. you'd have no comeback if something went awry - murphys law!! many suppliers require that you pay a hefty deposit when ordering. if you were paying cash you are leaving yourself wide open there!!! the irish importer we went with gave us a letter from the danish manufacturer stating that in the event of the irish company going bust they would look after the order. that was a major plus!

Hi Mr. Edge, any chace you could PM me on your information also...just at the point of sending out quotes

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

hi Selfbuilderx

theres wooden frames.

Could you please pm me also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

And me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SARAH ANNE

AND ME PLS

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

Jusy about to go for windows. Could you PM me also.
    Thanks,
    C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

PM also sent to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭musgravedk

Looking to order windows at the minute myself could someone also pm too

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bravojohnny

I'm getting windows priced myself any chance you can pm the details?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭creedp

Hi

I would appreciate a PM on the supplier of Danish windows please and any other suppliers out there which provide well priced alu-clad or alu composite windows. In addition, I would appreciate views on whether the alu-clad or the composite windows are better. To date I have been considering alu-clad only and have no knowledge of the composite window.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 siobhmarie

I am looking at windows can you PM me to

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rashers23

Also looking for windows and doors at the moment..could you please pm also. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vbold

seems to be a hot topic !

Could anyone PM me as well with the details

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nexo

Buying windows & doors myself at the moment. Could you PM too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 confused....

Sorry for late arrival
    Can you pm me too please...

Advertisement