Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Drogheda Campaign

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Scotty # wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. It's just green fields.

People are going to have to stop comparing Drogheda to places like Dublin and Manchester. It just makes the argument comical by doing so.

Have you actually read the proposal or what ? My comparisons where made for good reason , If your against the idea then fine but the is no getting away from the fact that it would benefit Drogheda and the local area here massively and that for me as a proud Drogheda man is a good thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 41 irjudge

We were changing flooring in my mothers house recently, found old copies of the DI from April 1976. Front page headline "Drogheda seeks city status".

IMO this is an awful lot of effort for something that is unlikely to happen and I think the perceived benefits aren't real.

People dont go to cities because they are cities. People go to Paris because of its attractions. Westport isnt a city and its local economy is built on tourism. We want tourists? We need to tell people about the place and put proper value for money packages together. There is huge history associated with the town and people are interested in that if its presented properly. I think we dont make it easy for people.

I think we have some fine architecture in the town its just a shame that so much of it is being let go to rack and ruin or covered with really poor signage.

Advertisement