Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of The Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just got the "warriorz" album by M.O.P and it's an absolute banger! there's a fair bit of Premo production which is always a positive.

Ha a great song.

I remember way back in the day John Cena got sued by M.O.P. for using part of that song in one of his songs. Don't think anything came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Ha a great song.

I remember way back in the day John Cena got sued by M.O.P. for using part of that song in one of his songs. Don't think anything came ]

And Game trying to sue WWE for HHH using the nickname The Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Andy_rse wrote: »

Seriously? He has that nickname before Game was famous?

Exactly. Again nothing came of it.

Andy_rse wrote: »

I don't mean to go OT here but it was the other way around. Triple H was trying to sue Game. There's a pretty funny interview here with Game all about it.
    AB: I read something the other day that I'm not sure if I really believe. Is WWE superstar Triple H really suing you over your name?
    Game: Yeah, Triple H is tryin to sue me for "The Game." I think that we should just take it to Pay Per View and have a wrestling match, man, so I can **** him up because I'm not into that whole play wrestling thing. We can really take it to the streets, we can wrestle right in the middle of Compton. We can put up a makeshift ring made out of shoestrings and light posts. I'll get in there and body slam his ass all over the place for the name.

AB: Were you ever a wrestling fan? Does this hurt you at all?
    Game: I was a fan of Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan, but these new wrestlers, the guy with the rappin thing with the spinnin belt and ****? I don't know about all these guys. There's too much fake ****. It was fake back in the day but at least they made it real. Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man and all them mother****ers, Sting and Lex Luger, Ric Flair, but these new mother****ers, these Triple H's and these… I don't even know nobody else's name in the new ****.

AB: Well it's definitely going to be an interesting situation. How long do you think it's gonna play out?
    Game: It ain't gonna do nothing but make me bigger because now I'm gonna have wrestling fans. If I was Vince McMahon I would tell him to shut the **** up and sit down before they sell me some more albums.

AB: So could you see yourself battling John Cena, the aforementioned wrestler who rhymes?
    Game: I'd kick his ass.

• Advertisement

Ah I got it the wrong way round. Shame on me being the big wrestling fan that I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

huge wwf fan back in the day, stone cold fanatic lol but i remember buying a wwf album featuring a lot of rappers including run dmc, snoop dogg, method man etc think it was a lot of remakes of wrestlers entrance music etc. it was actually pretty decent being a wrestling fan and all but its serioulsy better than that young money stuff:D

snoop and WC remakes of austins music, run dmc of DX and pimpin aint easy by ice t are actual bangers lads lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm sorry but I havent been able to take anything with the WWF logo on it serious since i was about 10, that music is cheese lol.

I'm sorry but I havent been able to take anything with the WWF logo on it serious since i was about 10, that music is cheese lol.

thats the whole point when i was younger as in 10, most kids that age loved wwf back in the day, me and my buddies use to kill each other. the run dmc and ice t songs are better than half the sh*t you'd hear from niki minaj etc in terms of hip hop.

Naughty by Nature did one of Shane McMahon's many theme songs.

At least they were credible rappers, Cena wasn't.

It's decent but it hasn't a patch on their classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

i only discovered the jazzmataz albums recently i have to say theyre quite good

"oh you didn't know?" Ah primary school.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So I'm reading a book written by one of the ex wives from The Ramones, and it turns out that Dee Dee Ramone made a rap album under the name Dee Dee King while he was in The Ramones.

So I think I've uncovered the original junkie rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Foxy Brown was only 16 when she did this with Jay apparently.

Fair play but at the same time :confused:

And now for something completely different. Cant remember who but someone here posted a Goyte remix a couple of weeks back. Its been stuck in my head for days now. Any help anyone?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Any help anyone?

Someone else posted it, great rapper his album is in the free hip-hop thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

IsaiahThe3rd has also used it....although a bit different to STS

Cheers lads. Finally be able to clear the noggin of it

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

First ever song that Kanye produced and laid a verse on. He was only 19 at the time. Hard to even imagine what he was like when he was that age.
    That's pretty amazing, had no idea he was going for that long :P

Listening through their first album this morning, very impressed.

'When I first met ya my first thought was to trick, ya look so good I suck on yo daddies dick'

No mc makes me laugh as much as biggie

• Advertisement

Heard this for the first time in about 5 years, fúckin hell it's quite the tune, contender for one of my favourites. The samples are just pure class and the beat suits Twista surprisingly well.

I love me a bit of Twista.

Love Bone Thugs as well. Any one that can rap at that speed and sound amazing at the same time deserves a lot of respect. This is more of a laid back song of theirs.

Only first heard this song a few months back when it was posted here (cant remember who).

Absolute tune

'Aint no tellin wen the bullets behind the trigger,
    I do it to live niggas,
    to Pulitzer Prize winners' :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

one of my fav songs this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bit late to contribute but I know exactly what MUFCboy1999 was talking about regarding WWF and WWF Music, think I had volumes 3-7.

Also ****ing love a bit of Twista. Had his first 2 studio albums.

Now I just want to post my favourite Black Hippy video, I've been obsessed with it again for the last week or so, the whole 8min video with them ****ing around in the Chinese restaurant "They dont want tha neeeeeeee-gaz!" :pac

Helps that the song is an absolute beast aswell.

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

this song is perfect

Fact, what an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Someone else posted it, great rapper his album is in the free hip-hop thread.

Holy ****, I just downloaded that album and it's amazing.

Every track is class.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Holy ****, I just downloaded that album and it's amazing.

Every track is class.

I'm loving the fact that people are noticing him now. I saw him play on the Shady 2.0 stream from SXSW exactly 4 months ago. He was on just before the likes of Slaughterhouse, Big K.R.I.T., ScHoolboy Q and Action Bronson.

I remembered him for two reasons. The first was that cover of "Somebody That I Used to Know". The second was because he came out to the crowd (who were garbage. They didn't give a pop for KRIT or anyone) and he said "none of ye know who I am but I don't give a fúck, I'm just here to play some music".

Both his mixtape and his album are brilliant stuff. It is weed rap, but it's good weed rap.

The song below is one of my favourites. The beat is amazing.

I'd love to see him make it. I could say I was with him from the very beginning :pac:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement