Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of The Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

one of the most slept on songs of 2012 so far.. lamar is in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Forgot how ****in sick roll deep were.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I wish the sun would show its face just so I can chill with a cold one and this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

This song has it all. Even learned some Biology in the first line.

Sampled OCs voice.

Sample of Slicks voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

not on youtube yet so sorry for the link

http://hnhh.co/vjft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

First ever song that Kanye produced and laid a verse on. He was only 19 at the time. Hard to even imagine what he was like when he was that age.

Wow never knew Kanye was around that long, that is not long after Jay started .

Neither did I until tonight. I was listening to The Blueprint in the car today and I heard Kanye on a song. I thought that that was the first song he had ever rapped on, until I looked it up.

He's come a long way since having an uncredited cameo doing the hook on a Jay Z song.

16 years working together, wow. He waited a long time until his debut album.

Is this actually Eminem? I thought Backstabber/Biterphobia was his earliest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

First ever song that Kanye produced and laid a verse on. He was only 19 at the time. Hard to even imagine what he was like when he was that age.

That Grav album is ridiculously good and has been in constant rotation for me since it was released! Well...since I got a copy. For all you young 'uns on the forum, here's a tale of how hard people had to work to get music before the dawn of the internet.
    This album had half page ads in the Source and HCC, as these were are only source of information on new releases back in them times, we normally trusted what was advertised and what was in the reviews. i think that 'Down To Earth' got 3 mics, which was normally a good indicator. So me and the lads used to always keep our eye out for these albums, we even had people in Freebird and Abbey Discs keeping hold of these type of albums for us som that nobody else could get them. They would normally only get 1 or 2 copies that would never hit the shelves thanks to us :)
    But for the life of us, we couldnt get the Grav album. Me and my good homie The Expert made a trip to London and made a list of albums to get before we went over, he was looking for Vinyl, me CDs, and Grav was on the list. The first shop we went to had Grav on wax so the Ex snapped it up (still has it today), but we couldnt find it on CD....and I'm talking 2 or 3 days of hitting every record shop in or around London that stocked Hip Hop. I still dont have an original of this in my CD collection and I'm still on the lookout for one.

When I had a chance to 'talk' to Kanye, or moreso shout at kanye over a table of people and a couple of his security, I was trying to ask him what happened to Grav, he just kind of smiled, nodded and gave a thumbs up. I dont know what he meant.

I think that No ID done some of the other production on Down To Earth. One of his first outings as well.

Is this actually Eminem? I thought Backstabber/Biterphobia was his earliest.

Yea I think it is. According to this site it's him anyway. He was in a group that included Proof and the Bass Brothers, Jeff and Mark. Jeff went on to produce the likes of 'Without Me' and 'Lose Yourself'.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That Grav album is ridiculously good and has been in constant rotation for me since it was released! Well...since I got a copy. For all you young 'uns on the forum, here's a tale of how hard people had to work to get music before the dawn of the internet.
    This album had half page ads in the Source and HCC, as these were are only source of information on new releases back in them times, we normally trusted what was advertised and what was in the reviews. i think that 'Down To Earth' got 3 mics, which was normally a good indicator. So me and the lads used to always keep our eye out for these albums, we even had people in Freebird and Abbey Discs keeping hold of these type of albums for us som that nobody else could get them. They would normally only get 1 or 2 copies that would never hit the shelves thanks to us :)
    But for the life of us, we couldnt get the Grav album. Me and my good homie The Expert made a trip to London and made a list of albums to get before we went over, he was looking for Vinyl, me CDs, and Grav was on the list. The first shop we went to had Grav on wax so the Ex snapped it up (still has it today), but we couldnt find it on CD....and I'm talking 2 or 3 days of hitting every record shop in or around London that stocked Hip Hop. I still dont have an original of this in my CD collection and I'm still on the lookout for one.

When I had a chance to 'talk' to Kanye, or moreso shout at kanye over a table of people and a couple of his security, I was trying to ask him what happened to Grav, he just kind of smiled, nodded and gave a thumbs up. I dont know what he meant.

I think that No ID done some of the other production on Down To Earth. One of his first outings as well.

Fack, thank god for the internet and Amazon and all those sites. I'd never have heard half of the music that I have if it weren't for them, and I've well over 100 albums in my room.

I just found a recent interview with Grav about his life in hip hop. About 5 minutes in he talks about meeting Kanye for the first time. He introduced him to No ID as well. Without Grav Kanye may never have made it :pac:.

I may have to root another copy of Grav's album. Sounds pretty good. I had a look around there for a physical copy. The closest I got was a cd costing $90 on Amazon. It might be good but it's hardly worth that much.

I'm not sure if No ID had any production credits on it but he was already working with Common a few years at that stage, most notably the classic "I Used To Love Her".

Oh and I think Grav went down with the indie record company that he was signed to, Correct Records. "Down to Earth" seems to be the only release he had. At least he can always say that he launched the career of a musical genius. Worth more than 10 albums to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He was in a group that included Proof and the Bass Brothers, Jeff and Mark. Jeff went on to produce the likes of 'Without Me' and 'Lose Yourself'.

Their production is fúcking class, they produced some of my favourite eminem songs.

The only phrase that sums up my mood when I hear this beast from Big Boi is from another one of his tracks, "Drip drip drop, there goes an eargasm, now you cumming out the side of your face".

I haven't a bigger beat than this since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭echo.lima

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Enjoying 'Royalty' since it dropped yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Laurence_OC

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Enjoying 'Royalty' since it dropped yesterday.

Nice one, completely forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Was dying to find out the "I aint goin out like that" sample from the experts acting the maggot so i emailed him and he replied in no time with the name and a link to this song, what a sound bloke. I'm delighted i sent that email anyway because this is one fúcking brilliant song. Straight into the favourites on youtube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Panacea are too good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Laurence_OC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement