Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done AH mods.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

that post would have derailed the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I posted in that Gerry Ryan thread, all I said was that I thought it was pathetic that another Gerry Ryan thread (here) was started in the After Hours forum only a few days previous to his death and nobody stood up for/defended the guy when he was getting slated. And now that the guy has died you have everyone and anyone claiming he was the greatest thing ever. Of course my post got deleted after about three minutes by Sharpshotter (who else). It was quite incredible really, since I didn't say anything bad about the deceased (nor did I ever in the past). Unbelievable stuff yet again!

Your Post in that thread.

I just had to log on here for the laugh. I was reading the other Gerry Ryan thread here a few days ago, where he was getting slated and nobody stood up for him/defended him. Now that the guy is dead and he's (was), well , great. rolleyes.gif It just sums After Hours really, a joke of a forum.

It was your only post in that thread, and you used it to take a pot shot at After Hours in general.

I deleted it and have been in contact with you more than once because you Pm'd me about it.

I asked you to Pm a C Mod if you were not happy with my reply to you, because that is the next step to take.

I won't be replying to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I posted in that Gerry Ryan thread, all I said was that I thought it was pathetic that another Gerry Ryan thread (here) was started in the After Hours forum only a few days previous to his death and nobody stood up for/defended the guy when he was getting slated. And now that the guy has died you have everyone and anyone claiming he was the greatest thing ever. Of course my post got deleted after about three minutes by Sharpshotter (who else). It was quite incredible really, since I didn't say anything bad about the deceased (nor did I ever in the past). Unbelievable stuff yet again!

Unbelievable stuff indeed.

The first sentence of your deleted post was this "I just had to log on here for the laugh" This only 12 hours after a mans death. Decorum is an important life skill, one worth having.

As for SharpShooter deleting your post, She got there first. I can safely say, every other mod on AH would have done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Rabies wrote: »
    that post would have derailed the thread

I really don't see why it would have; and even if it did then I really don't see the problem. So the thread was all about positives comments towards Gerry Ryan and nothing more? Then this should have been stated quite clearly at the start of the thread. I wasn't a Gerry Ryan hater by the way (unlike the vast majority of posters on After Hours in 'the past' seemingly).

Unbelievable stuff indeed.

The first sentence of your deleted post was this "I just had to log on here for the laugh" This only 12 hours after a mans death. Decorum is an important life skill, one worth having.

As for SharpShooter deleting your post, She got there first. I can safely say, every other mod on AH would have done the same.

Yes, you only quote the first sentence of my post. Nice one. It was/is a laugh reading the Gerry Ryan death thread (not because the man has died), but the huge turnaround on opinion. I remembered reading the other thread a few days previous to his death and just knew it would be hilarious reading his "death thread". I'm sure even Gerry would be laughing his ass off. Pathetic stuff!!

• Advertisement

I really don't see why it would have; and even if it did then I really don't see the problem. So the thread was all about positives comments towards Gerry Ryan and nothing more? Then this should have been stated quite clearly at the start of the thread. I wasn't a Gerry Ryan hater by the way (unlike the vast majority of posters on After Hours in 'the past' seemingly).

Opening Post.
    ash xxx wrote: »

Did you perhaps jump right in at the end of the thread forgetting to read this?

Like I said in answer to your PM's, contact one of the C Mods if you are unhappy with the answer I gave you.

Opening Post.

Did you perhaps jump right in at the end of the thread forgetting to read this?

Like I said in answer to your PM's, contact one of the C Mods if you are unhappy with the answer I gave you.
    My comments were respectful. Did you even read them? Pity you weren't so heplful in the other Gerry Ryan thread a few days ago when the guy was still alive, and been called him fat, ugly and a "numpty lech".

This is getting even funnier.

My comments were respectful. Did you even read them?

Your one comment in the thread was:
    I just had to log on here for the laugh. I was reading the other Gerry Ryan thread here a few days ago, where he was getting slated and nobody stood up for him/defended him. Now that the guy is dead and he's (was), well , great. rolleyes.gif It just sums After Hours really, a joke of a forum.

Yes, for the last time I did read your post and I did delete it.

Your one comment in the thread was:

Yes, for the last time I did read your post and I did delete it.

The only disrespectful comment I made in my post was towards the After Hours forum.

After Hours is a joke of a forum (especially after that thread). How is calling Afters Hours "a joke" disrespectful to Gerry Ryan? It probably pisséd you off because you moderate it, but any member around here long enough knows it's after turning into a bit of a joke recently anyway. I'm not sure the reason for this, but anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you don't like it
    a) don't read it
    b) make suggestions as how to improve it.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    If you don't like it
    a) don't read it
    b) make suggestions as how to improve it.

I don't read it only very, very occasionally and I'd probably open up only one thread that interests me. Look at how many posts I've made there in the past month, only one or two. I did read the GR thread a few days before he died - where he was called every name under the sun, "ugly", "fat" etc. I'm all for having respect for the living as well as the dead. I knew reading his death thread would make for very funny reading. Although, so many posts were deleted it's not a true reflection on After Hours to be honest.

It must be a hard job modding a thread like that alright, but it's obvious posts were deleted just because a certain mod didn't agree or like the posts. There were 180 deleted posts at 00:55, Friday night/early Saturday morning. That is an astounding figure. You can't honestly say all those posts were disrespectful or trollish. No way. I understand that a 'certain' amount of posts are going to be deleted in a thread like that alright. An appalling job by the mod/s it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

it's obvious posts were deleted just because a certain mod didn't agree or like the posts.
    How, exactly, is it obvious?

Are you reviewing the deleted posts, and who deleted them, and establishing a pattern?
    You can't honestly say all those posts were disrespectful or trollish. No way.
    So far, I've yet to hear of an example of a post which didn't deserve to be delieted....so I'm inclined to say that all the evidence thus far points to you being wrong on this count.
    An appalling job by the mod/s it must be said.
    Mostly, this opinion seems to be coming from people who had a post of theirs deleted, and who feel that their post didn't deserve such treatment.

Coincidence?

bonkey wrote: »
    How, exactly, is it obvious?

Are you reviewing the deleted posts, and who deleted them, and establishing a pattern?

It's obvious by reading the thread in question, and the overwhelming amount of positive posts. Judging by what people said about the guy there in the past, and even allowing for sympathy towards his death, it pretty obvious to me that the mod just deleted posts that even remotely questioned people's sincerity. I questioned this (and I still do), and my post was deleted after three minutes. The 'Gerry Ryan is dead' thread makes for pathetic reading now.

Anyway, I don't expect you to agree with me and go against another mod. Only a handful of mods here will ever do this, and I know who they are.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Do you? do you really?? have they made the list?

Grow up. Grow some manners. Learn decorum.

Gerry Ryan took almost daily shots at something I love and into which I've put my heart and soul and ironically it was because he didnt like the idea of everyone having a say. Even still I'll respect his death and his family and this is how we do things here.

This thread is over.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement