Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So it appears that the 7min trailer is happening before Ghost Protocol. This would be the same idea as the Joker Bank Robbery scene at the startof TDK. I assume itll be on youtube within days of the MI3 release!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Giruilla wrote: »
    If the full script to TDKR was posted online now, would you read it?

Definitely not for this film. Not even the plot synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Giruilla wrote: »
    If the full script to TDKR was posted online now, would you read it?

Not for all the tea in China - I have been looking forward to this film since the closing credits of the Dark Knight and there is no way I'd ruin it for the instant thrill of knowing what is coming..

This film is going to be epic!....EPIC!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The prologue is as far as I'm going to go in terms of spoilers, I don't get why people would read full scripts, I had no idea what I was walking into with TDK and that's how I like it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Yeah totally agree I wouldn't either. I read that prologue, don't know whether its true or not, but definitely wish I hadn't. Even all the production photos kind of wish I hadn't seen and need to be careful in the future. Hope they don't reveal too many more details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I probably would read it. I love reading scripts in advance and then seeing how director brings it to life. Most of the time it adds to my appreciation of the film. On the other hand, I read the BB script in advance and was none too impressed with it, a feeling which carried over into the finished film.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

I don't mind the set pictures or footage so much (manily because you can choose to ignore them if you like). They are all just fragments of a bigger picture and so far they have raised a lot more questions than they answer (what exactly will become of JGL's character , where does Catwoman fit in to the scheme of things, why are the LOS back in Gotham etc). That is why the Internet is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to big movie productions like this. It's very hard difficult (but not impossible) to deliver any real element of surprise anymore for the movie going public.

Having said all that, I would draw the line at reading a complete DKR script if it did became available. Like another poster on here, I had only a smattering of knowledge beforehand about the DK when I went to see it in the flicks (I knew The Joker was the main villain, but didn't expect Health Ledgers performence to be as brillant as it was, I also knew Harvey Dent made an appearence but didn't know he became Two-Face and so on). I'd like to try and maintain that level of foresight for my trip to see the DKR next summer if at all possible.

On the other hand, I read the BB script in advance and was none too impressed with it, a feeling which carried over into the finished film.

Personally, I prefer BB over TDK. I love the vibe and atmosphere in BB, it's more comic book like than in TDK. In BB, Gotham is Gotham while in TDK, Gotham is really Chicago. :pac:

I'm also buoyed by comments being made by the likes of Oldman and Nolan about TDKR bringing things back to BB and the story seemingly refocusing things back on Bruce's journey. The teaser also made things look quite gloomy and gritty, that also gives me hope for a BB vibe and atmosphere in TDKR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

was having a discussion with my freind about comic book films and the oscars recently. i said that if batman was to get broken in this film and christian bale who i feel is a fantastic actor can portray a broken bruce wayne would such emotion and realism would there be a chance of him even picking up a best actor nomination even ? or even nolan picking up a best director nod ?

ricero wrote: »
    was having a discussion with my freind about comic book films and the oscars recently. i said that if batman was to get broken in this film and christian bale who i feel is a fantastic actor can portray a broken bruce wayne would such emotion and realism would there be a chance of him even picking up a best actor nomination even ? or even nolan picking up a best director nod ?

I don't see why not, but I'd be willing to bet more on Nolan getting the nod moreso than Bale. But it's hard to say as I think Bale could give one of the best performances of the year under the circumstances you described. He'd deserve the nod, whether he'd get it is another story.

• Advertisement

He could of course, since there are now 10 nominess if he deserves it then yes of course, another way to ensure it is if he dies between now and release.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

another way to ensure it is if he dies between now and release.

How wonderfully cynical.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A lot were miffed about nolan being overlooked the last while, and since this is the last of a trilogy the academy will want to make up for before, so expect this movie to clean up in much the same way Return of the King did, provided its good that is(not that thats a prerequisite for the oscars either).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

There will be a new trailer with the new Sherlock Holmes movie. As much as I want to see it i'm not putting myself through that muck.
    http://collider.com/dark-knight-rises-prologue-imax-theaters/129932/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He could of course, since there are now 10 nominess if he deserves it then yes of course, another way to ensure it is if he dies between now and release.

There are 5 nominees, not 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

nHtVW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mindkiller wrote: »
    nHtVW.jpg

Bane wins, fatality!

krudler wrote: »
    Bane wins, fatality!

Tha dude is a ringer for Travis Bickle.
    Mellor wrote: »
    There are 5 nominees, not 10.

My bad thats for Best Film

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-bane-prologue-plot-revealed

We've known for a while that the Dark Knight Rises IMAX only prologue will introduce us to Tom Hardy's Bane, much like the Dark Knight IMAX only prologue gave us our first proper gawp at Heath Ledger's Joker.

And, as it turns out, both Bat-villains are destined to debut during a high-concept heist.

Are they saying that both Bane AND the Joker will feature in the prologue or am I misreading??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-bane-prologue-plot-revealed

We've known for a while that the Dark Knight Rises IMAX only prologue will introduce us to Tom Hardy's Bane, much like the Dark Knight IMAX only prologue gave us our first proper gawp at Heath Ledger's Joker.

And, as it turns out, both Bat-villains are destined to debut during a high-concept heist.

Are they saying that both Bane AND the Joker will feature in the prologue or am I misreading??

You're misreading. They're saying Bane's debut will be like the Joker's debut because it will also be set during a (different) high-concept heist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, just that Bane will introduced in a heist as well.

EDIT: Penn beat me to it.

Cheer guys - I guess I got excited there for a moment...thought they might try to team them up for a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Spiffy fan poster.

Af2OmXqCAAAl8vP.jpg

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Ridley wrote: »
    Spiffy fan poster.

Af2OmXqCAAAl8vP.jpg

Link

resistance-3.jpg

Hans Zimmer trying experimental crowd chanting with hundreds and thousands of voices....
    Question: How far along are you in the writing process for The Dark Knight Rises, and how does it compare to the other Batman films?

HANS ZIMMER: Well, before I started on Sherlock, I had an idea for Dark Knight. I said to Chris [Nolan], “Would it be okay if I got the most outrageous orchestra together and tried this experimental thing?” It involved chanting and all sorts of stuff. And, if I decided that it was just complete rubbish, then we could just throw it away and nobody would ever mention that Hans went and spent all that money. So, I went off and spent weeks writing it. I recorded the piece, and Chris came by and said, “Well, you’ve done half the movie now.” I said, “Well, I don’t think that’s quite true.” But, I think I figured out my cornerstone to the thing.

I’m hellishly ambitious on that. The chant became a very complicated thing because I wanted hundreds of thousands of voices, and it’s not so easy to get hundreds of thousands of voices. So, we Twittered and we posted on the internet, for people who wanted to be part of it. It seemed like an interesting thing. We’ve created this world, over these last two movies, and somehow I think the audience and the fans have been part of this world. We do keep them in mind. And I thought it would be something nice, if our audiences could actually be part of the making of the movie and be participants in this. So, we’ve got this website up, www.ujam.com, where you can go on and be part of it. It was fantastic. The first Tweet that went out just melted our server because we had tens of thousands of people a second, trying to get onto the site.

You always want to create a sound that nobody has ever heard, but I think, this time, we might be doing that. As a musician, I think about what environment things are recorded in. Now, you have hundreds of thousands of voices, all recorded in their own individual environment. Up until now, that’s been impossible to do. There’s a lot of people doing a lot of editing, as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is the first time in my life I'm not glad I don't use Twitter :(

Hans Zimmer trying experimental crowd chanting with hundreds and thousands of voices....

I dont even know what this is for - is it being used in the film or soundtrack or what? what possible scenario could use would a chat of thousands of people??

I dont even know what this is for - is it being used in the film or soundtrack or what? what possible scenario could use would a chat of thousands of people??

It's in the trailer brah.

• Advertisement

Yea I think its an amazing idea, I love how Nolan gave him the artistic freedom to go and try this idea, it breathes creativity and confidence knowing he has an open palate to work from and a director that will allow him this. They seem to have a great relationship and I love most of Zimmers work.

Advertisement