Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Crossing website www.bookcrossing.com

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

The next meeting is on Tuesday 22nd Nov in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2, from about 7.30pm. The book of the month is Cannery Row by John Steinbeck.

We've been very busy lately organising the Book Crossing Convention in Dublin next year, the Camden Court Hotel April 13 -15. We'd love to see people based in Ireland coming along to the convention, especially all those wonderful librarians. Pass the message on! I'll put more details about it in a separate thread, when I get my act together!

The next meeting is on Tuesday 18th January in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2, from about 7.30pm. There is no book of the month for January, we will just have a general literary discussion.

We've been very busy lately organising the Book Crossing Convention in Dublin, the Camden Court Hotel April 13 -15. We'd love to see people based in Ireland coming along to the convention, especially all those wonderful librarians. Pass the message on!

www.bcdublin2012.com

Apologies, it's been a while.

The next meet up for the Dublin based Book Crossing group takes place on Tuesday evening 22nd May from 7.30pm in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2. Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug, beside the table of books! New members especially welcome.

www.bookcrossing.com

The next Dublin meet up is on Tuesday 19th June from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2. Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug (look for the table covered in books).

If you wish to join the Irish Book Crossers Yahoo group it is on:
    www.yahoo.com/group/bookcrossingie

It is a good way to join in the various book discussions and social activities. Also have a look at the forums on www.bookcrossing.com for info. about meetings all over the world, see the Conventions/meetings forum.

Enjoy it!

The next Dublin meet up is on Tuesday 21st August from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2. Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug (look for the table covered in books).

The meetings are usually held on the Tuesday, of the week with the 20th in it, starting on Sunday. For example, this month August, the 20th is on a Monday, so the meeting is held on Tuesday 21st. September's meeting will be held on 18th September.

If you wish to join the Irish Book Crossers Yahoo group it is on:
    www.yahoo.com/group/bookcrossingie

It is a good way to join in the various book discussions and social activities. Also have a look at the forums on www.bookcrossing.com for info. about meetings all over the world, see the Conventions/meetings forum.

www.bookcrossing.com

Enjoy it!

• Advertisement

Apologies, it's been a while.

The next meet up for the Dublin based Book Crossing group takes place on Tuesday evening 18th June 2013 from 7.30pm in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2. Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug, beside the table of books! New members especially welcome.

The meetings are usually held during the week with the 20th in it, the first day being Sunday. So the next meet up is on Tuesday 16th July.

www.bookcrossing.com

Just wanted to say "Thank You" all, the turnout at the meetup was great (lucky 13 people). I'm doing up the minutes of the meetup and will post them up on the Yahoo group .....eventually.

Looking forward to catching up with you all again next month on the 16th July. Boardsies are particularly welcome!

The next meet up for the Dublin based Book Crossing group takes place on Tuesday evening 16th July 2013 from 7.30pm in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. Dublin 2. Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug, beside the table of books! New members especially welcome.

The meetings are usually held during the week with the 20th in it, the first day being Sunday. So the next meet up is on Tuesday 20th August.

www.bookcrossing.com

Dublin, Ireland BC meetup

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 20th August from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug, near the table covered in books. All are very welcome!

The meetups are normally held on the Tuesday of the week with the 20th in it, the first day of the week being Sunday. So the September meetup will be on Tuesday 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

Trying to get a bookcrossing area organised at our community day May 4th 2014

http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/33/504257

• Advertisement

That is so cool! You might find a few Dublin Book Crossers at your festival!

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 19th March from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

Look to the left of the bar, we will be in the snug, near the table covered in books. All are very welcome!

The meetups are normally held on the Tuesday of the week with the 20th in it, the first day of the week being Sunday. So the April meetup will be on Tuesday 22nd.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/22/505381

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Unfortunately I'm not in Dublin next week. I'll see you at the next meeting though!

That's great, the west wing! I'll keep all those World Book Night books for you www.worldbooknight.org
    http://www.worldbooknight.org/books/2014-book-list

The Book crossing meetup is on tonight, and all boardsies are especially welcome. I found out about Book Crossing from Boards members, so I am especially grateful. One of our BC members is currently travelling around Australia to the Convention in Melbourne. So you see, Book Crossing is exciting! I myself have been to conventions in the UK, Washington DC and Gothenburg.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/convention

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 20th May from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

The meetups are normally held on the Tuesday of the week with the 20th in it, the first day of the week being Sunday. So the June meetup will be on Tuesday 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snap Happy

That is so cool! You might find a few Dublin Book Crossers at your festival!

leamhliom was there for a few hours.

Going to try another free book stale in the phoenix park June 15th
    At this event
    https://www.facebook.com/events/465637946901937/

Snap Happy wrote: »
    leamhliom was there for a few hours.

Going to try another free book stale in the phoenix park June 15th
    At this event
    https://www.facebook.com/events/465637946901937/

This is great, that there are so many book events in the area. Hope to see some more Book Crossers.

Hope the books aren't too stale!

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 24th June from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

The meetups are normally held on the Tuesday of the week with the 20th in it, the first day of the week being Sunday. So the July meetup will be on Tuesday 22nd July and the August meetup is on Tuesday 19th August.

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 21st October from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the IMC Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

The meetups are normally held on the Tuesday of the week with the 20th in it, the first day of the week being Sunday. So the November meetup will be on Tuesday 18th.

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 18th February 2015 from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the IMC Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

• Advertisement

Dublin, Ireland BC meetup tonight!

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 24th March from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the IMC Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Dublin, Ireland BC meetup tonight!

The next meet up will take place on Tuesday 24th March from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the IMC Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

Sound really interesting. Unfortunately not in the city today. Are times of the meetings published anywhere online. How do I see if any of the books I am interested in are available from the long stone meeting.

www.bookcrossing.com

I usually post the date/time of the monthly meeting there, under the Forum - Meetings/Conventions.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/22

We usually hold meetings around the 3rd Tuesday of every month (the week of the 20th) so the next meeting is on the 22nd April (Tuesday) about 8pm in the Longstone.

We have a Facebook Page also called Bookcrossing Dublin (sorry I can't provide a link at the moment).

You can search for particular books on the BC website and see where they have been released. If you want to browse any of my books, let me know, and I can send you the link. If there are any books of mine that you want to read, I can release them to you. It might encourage me to actually read the books! I do this all the time with other Book Crossers, if there is one of my books they want to read, I just post it to them (to all over the world). It's really a great way of ensuring that your books are read and enjoyed by other readers, very environmentally friendly!

Hope you can make one of the meetups.

Let me know if you need any more info.

The next meet up will take place this evening Tuesday 21st July from about 7.30pm in the Long Stone pub OBCZ, Townsend St. Dublin 2 (near the IMC Screen Cinema and Pearse St. Garda station).

The meetings scheduled for the rest of 2015 are:
    • Tuesday 18th August
    • Tuesday 15th September
    • Tuesday 20th October
    • Tuesday 17th November

The next meet up is tomorrow Tuesday 18th from 7.30pm in the Long Stone, near the IMC (Screen) cinema, on Townsend St. Near the junction with Tara St. We will be in the snug, near the table covered with books, we're easy to find! All are very welcome. We don't have a book of the month (as not every one got to read it) but we just have a general literary discussion about books and Book Crossing.
    The next meetups are:
    Tuesday 15th September
    Tuesday 20th October
    Tuesday 17th November

Hope to see you there!

Our next meetup is tomorrow Tuesday 15th September from about 7.30pm in the Longstone pub, Townsend St. near the IMC Screen Cinema, opposite Pearse St. Garda Station. It is near the station at Tara St. We will be in the snug, to the left of the bar, near the table covered in books!

We don't have a Book of the Month, we just have a general literary discussion about books that we have read, and also swop them.

All are very welcome.

See www.bookcrossing.com

Advertisement