Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Library during study/exam time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

i'm a first year and i find it difficult at times to find a computer in the library apart from friday evenings. I can't imagine what it will be like in December i think i'd be better off saving up and getting a laptop or netbook as i would save a lot of hassle and could work away on my assignments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mulner92 wrote: »
    i'm a first year and i find it difficult at times to find a computer in the library apart from friday evenings. I can't imagine what it will be like in December i think i'd be better off saving up and getting a laptop or netbook as i would save a lot of hassle and could work away on my assignments

At the moment? I don't see much difficulty. Have you been around the library properly? There are plenty of computers available when I've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

There are 723 open access computers in UCC, wander the library, Boole basement(all rooms), Kane building etc

http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/OpenAccessITCentres/StudentITCentreDetails/

TBH if you can afford it I would get a laptop, second hand, secondhand desktop even, its nice to just do some stuff at home. TBH you could get an old desktop for free if you look for one, should be fine for documents etc, look at open office

Advertisement