Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stolen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Grow a pair yea ok, you have no idea of the threatening phone calls im getting from him and all his mates but this will be sorted soon close the thread as i was looking for help but if i can't get it why bother.

You are getting it, you just dont seem to be listening to it.

Call the Gardai.

If you dont they'll try something else next time and it could be worse, if you ring the gardai it shows your not afraid of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

You'd be stupid not to report it to the Guards unless you got involved in something more stupid and you can't report it, you must have done something fir him to rob your car in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    You'd be stupid not to report it to the Guards unless you got involved in something more stupid and you can't report it, you must have done something fir him to rob your car in the first place
    Like dump his GF who happened to be the thief's sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

It was just reported i found out he lives in cushlawn wonder if the car is actually there...

In this post i was saying that i reported the car sorry for the confusion...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Leave it with the Gardai - don't go trying to reclaim the car yourself at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Now did ya make sure to record the calls for the guards to listen to for proof he has the car, cos you'd have the feckin car back by now if you did that & gave the guards his name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

AFAIK that wouldn't stand legally unless he informed him before hand he was recording the call. Basically, you can't trick someone in to admitting they've stolen your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Ha I've used calls & texts & phone records to give a guard before to sort out an issue, he accepted it all cos it was between us as proof & it wasn't going to be used in court or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ha I've used calls & texts & phone records to give a guard before to sort out an issue, he accepted it all cos it was between us as proof & it wasn't going to be used in court or anything.

So it wasn't used then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So... your car was taken, and probably used in criminal activity. When you get the car back, you become an accomplice to the crime, as you never reported to the Gardai that your car had been stolen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be getting the locks changed and the car thoroughally looked at too.
    You'd never know what surprises you'd get in the first few days of getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Twin-go wrote: »
    Sounds like you need the A-Team*

*Or the Gardai

but ya have to know where to find them doubt there in tallaght!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

I sympathise with the OP as it is very easy to tell him to "cop on, grow a pair and report it to the Guards". If he cant or wont report it, there has to be a good reason, one of which may be the fact that the Guards aren't going to mount a 24 hour surveilance on his home, being noted by their absence at 4.am when his windows are being put in! Maybe there are other pertinent reasons why reporting the matter is a non runner, but it's very easy to dish out the hard man advice from a safe distance, in the relative comfort and safety of your own home. The Op was just looking for some extra eyes, in an effort to find his car. He obviously has enough on his plate, without having to listen to waffle and poor attempts at humour. just my two pence worth.

the_syco wrote: »
    So... your car was taken, and probably used in criminal activity. When you get the car back, you become an accomplice to the crime, as you never reported to the Gardai that your car had been stolen...

The car has been reported stolen...

sogood wrote: »
    I sympathise with the OP as it is very easy to tell him to "cop on, grow a pair and report it to the Guards". If he cant or wont report it, there has to be a good reason, one of which may be the fact that the Guards aren't going to mount a 24 hour surveilance on his home, being noted by their absence at 4.am when his windows are being put in! Maybe there are other pertinent reasons why reporting the matter is a non runner, but it's very easy to dish out the hard man advice from a safe distance, in the relative comfort and safety of your own home. The Op was just looking for some extra eyes, in an effort to find his car. He obviously has enough on his plate, without having to listen to waffle and poor attempts at humour. just my two pence worth.

Thanks alot you have it exactly right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

While all that is true, sogood, he HAD to report it and I'm glad he did.

It's a horrible situation to be in and I don't think any of us envy him, but avoiding the phone call to the Gardai just opens up more windows of opportunity for the thief to do something illegal while in the car.

Then the OP will be having an entirely different conversation with the Gardai.
    The car has been reported stolen...

Yeah, it's reported stolen now, but the point is he could've done something illegal yesterday and you've only reported it today.
    So you could be getting a call from the police asking you to explain your actions in your car in... say... a hit and run last night?

I'm sure it's fairly common for someone to do something illegal in their own car and then report it stolen afterwards to try divert the blame from themselves.
    So just be careful! Hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

talla10 wrote: »
    but ya have to know where to find them doubt there in tallaght!!:pac:

The A-Team or the Gardai?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭omega man

sogood wrote: »

+1. Some of the posters' moral high ground on this forum is pathetic. Hope things work out for you irishpimpdue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

People were recommending that he inform the Gardai and insurance company to protect himself in case the car has been involved in something untoward after being stolen. How's that the "moral high ground"? That doesn't really make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭omega man

eoin wrote: »
    People were recommending that he inform the Gardai and insurance company to protect himself in case the car has been involved in something untoward after being stolen. How's that the "moral high ground"? That doesn't really make sense.

Yes, recommending but in many cases with a smart ass tone as if they 'know' everything. You're a mod Eoin, take a look back over the thread! Comments such as 'retard', 'grow a pair' and 'cop the f*ck on'. What sense are those comments i ask you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just correcting an earlier mistake, recorded calls are allowed in court, provided he records them without Gardai assistance, the police need a warrant, he doesn't.

At least one person was banned for a post on this thread, and others might be asked to tone it down - either on thread or by PM. I'm not trying to give you the standard line here, but report any posts that you think are abusive and they will be looked at.

Advertisement