Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stolen

Options
  • 28-04-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

My car was stolen yesterday at around 4pm it has been stolen by someone who has a problem with me and i have information that the car is in tallaght if anyone spots it, i would be so thankful, don't want to report to the guards as this will only bring more trouble at the moment, the car is a dark blue seat ibiza, it has 3 matching hudcaps and one that is off a different model of ibiza, it is also a 03 D
    if anyone spots it you would be so helpful because im stuck at the moment without my car :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How do you expect to get it back without reporting it to the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Erm... I know this is the last place to look for legal advice... but tell the Gardai ffs.

What if someone here were to spot this car... are they supposed to fly home and pm you about it or something?

If you report the car to the Gardai, people can ring up the Gardai if they spot it out on the road and then they can proceed from there.

Or maybe you should look for a vigilante section on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

You're a retard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

My car was stolen yesterday at around 4pm it has been stolen by someone who has a problem with me and i have information that the car is in tallaght if anyone spots it, i would be so thankful, don't want to report to the guards as this will only bring more trouble at the moment, the car is a dark blue seat ibiza, it has 3 matching hudcaps and one that is off a different model of ibiza, it is also a 03 D
    if anyone spots it you would be so helpful because im stuck at the moment without my car :(

Sounds like you need the A-Team*

*Or the Gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

You're a retard!!
    a little harsh no?

@OP you'll have to report it to the gardai to claim off your insurance anyway so thats a bit of a moot point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You're a retard!!
    Come back in a week, when you've learnt some manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Your only option is to report it stolen to the Garda, and report anything else that they need to know along with it.

If someone steals your car and your too afraid to call the Garda on them what will they try next?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ironic username OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Why aren't you reporting it? Has one of your mates taken it for a laugh? Or has the Ex turned nasty or something?

You really should report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Rackstar wrote: »
    Why aren't you reporting it? Has one of your mates taken it for a laugh? Or has the Ex turned nasty or something?

You really should report it.

Ex's brother turned nasty, but yea im going to report it soon, just i got a phone call saying if it is reported stolen it will only make things worse, i would rather resolve it without violence so if anyone spots it, it would be nice to know ive seen threads like this before and people got alot of help, to the rest go troll another thread im looking for help not for abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Are you serious?

Who called you?

This is beginning to sound like Eastenders or Emmerdale or something...

Grow a pair and report it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Ex's brother turned nasty
    In fairness, if you were pimping his sister you can see why he wouldn't be your biggest fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Twin-go wrote: »
    Sounds like you need the A-Team*

*Or the Gardai

Or the Gardai in the A-team van.

This is your only man

5312308545a9297338828l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Jez man start remembering where you were every minute of the day, cause if that car is involved in an accident , you may have a lot of explaining to do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Gone since yesterday at 4? Ex's brother has a grudge? Haven't reported it? For all you know he's out running rampant over the toll bridge numerous times, getting caught by speed cameras etc etc etc.

Or burned the car out by now. Report it. If you're correct in the person having it they will check up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

delop wrote: »
    Jez man start remembering where you were every minute of the day, cause if that car is involved in an accident , you may have a lot of explaining to do....

That's an excellent point.

For all you know, he could've run into someone already or anything.

Report it now and explain why it took you so long to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Stolen with the keys or what?

delop wrote: »
    Vertakill wrote: »
    That's an excellent point.

For all you know, he could've run into someone already or anything.

Report it now and explain why it took you so long to do so.
    Solicitors wrote:
    Yes. The law says you must stop—whether the accident involves a pedestrian, a moving car, a parked car or someone's property. If you drive away, you can be charged with hit and run even if the accident was not your fault. You must also exchange information with the other driver—your name and address, the license number of the car you are driving, the name and address of the car's owner, the name and address of your insurance company and your insurance policy number.
    Hit-and-run penalties are severe. Depending on the damage or injuries, you may be fined, sent to jail or both. You also could lose your driver's license.

Source: http://www.balbriggansolicitor.ie/caraccidents.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Whereabouts in Tallaght? I assume you say Tallaght because that's where they live?

• Advertisement

On a serious note, you may find a clause in your insurance that requires the car to be reported stolen within a set time frame from dicovering it has gone.

I reckon a day is more than that set time OP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Whereabouts in Tallaght? I assume you say Tallaght because that's where they live?

For some reason, and I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I suspect Killenarden (sp?).

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I'm out of here shortly.

EPM wrote: »
    On a serious note, you may find a clause in your insurance that requires the car to be reported stolen within a set time frame from dicovering it has gone.

I reckon a day is more than that set time OP
    Basically Op. Your insurance company may tell you to get the boat if you try to claim for theft if it has been damaged/burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

R.O.R wrote: »
    For some reason, and I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I suspect Killenarden (sp?).

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I'm out of here shortly.

Killinarden, Rossfield, Jobstown, Brookfield, take your pic :P

It was just reported i found out he lives in cushlawn wonder if the car is actually there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Grow a pair would ya

SV wrote: »
    Grow a pair would ya

Grow a pair yea ok, you have no idea of the threatening phone calls im getting from him and all his mates but this will be sorted soon close the thread as i was looking for help but if i can't get it why bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Grow a pair yea ok, you have no idea of the threatening phone calls im getting from him and all his mates but this will be sorted soon close the thread as i was looking for help but if i can't get it why bother.

no shít sherlock
    you still need to cop the fúck on and grow a pair

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You've been told to ring the Gardai and your insurance company though - that's as helpful advice as you can get.

SV - tone it down a bit please.

• Advertisement

Don't play the boohoo poor me card. What do you want us to do? We've suggested you go to AGS and report it. What else did you expect? A user to tell you they found it and will get it back for you?

Advertisement