Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M6 motorway toll charges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Berty wrote: »
    France LOL.

You think you have issues with planning.

Im going to France in June.

Im going from North Tipp to Dublin to Holyhead to Folkestone in Kent to Calais and down to the South West of France.

There will be no Toll to Dublin and no Toll through until I get to the Dartford Crossing in London(bypassing M6 Toll) which is only £1.50 and when I get to France I will have to pay a total of €42.20 to get to my destination in Tolls. :mad:

I paid about 40 euro in Tolls from Le Havre to Holland.
    That stupid uber long bridge cost 8 euro alone !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

went to rosslare via limerick and tipperary. Painless and Limerick was fine. Done the 380kms in about 4.5hours and 29e in petrol! Sitting on the Irish ferries oscar wilde watching the champs league!

Seems to be a lot of other Irish people doing the same journey as me......Something to do with Munster playing in the SW France this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

snaps wrote: »
    went to rosslare via limerick and tipperary. Painless and Limerick was fine. Done the 380kms in about 4.5hours and 29e in petrol! Sitting on the Irish ferries oscar wilde watching the champs league!

Fair play, well done.

I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

19hrs later about to dock in Cherbourg. Round 2, Drive to Bordeaux!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

If its for the weekend, parts of the N7 will be closed so traffic is going to be all over the place as you get closer to Dublin with diversions going everywhere.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0429/1224269287430.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Enjoy your trip! Had some issue going through m4 toll with short wheel base land cruiser. Most of the time I would get charged €4.30 but the odd time i would get charged 2.90. Try stopped a way back from the barrier and minmise weight on the scales

Its not done on weight for cars / light commercials, so you're completely wasting your time with scales...

Number plate recognition against the NVDF, if it doesn't read your plate right you get through on the default rate - a car.

Come to think of it, I doubt theres any scales at all on the car lanes.

Advertisement