Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford Marathon 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

locteau wrote: »
    Guys, just for info, I really badly injured my right calf and even can't walk on it (I stupidly kept running on it)........
    :(

so won't be running but will be there on the day.

Anybody want to be the pacer for 4hours ? it would be great !!!

thanks in advance.

Is it for the organisers or a friend of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

well I asked them, but was my own initiative to support the event which is one of the old 5 Irish marathons.

But Anybody would be welcome, it could be a group or anyone who is able to pace other athletes.

4 hours is not too bad to pace, did it a few times and it is really good fun to run with a group.

I just feel bad to let them and anybody down :o

Seb

well I asked them, but was my own initiative to support the event which is one of the old 5 Irish marathons.

But Anybody would be welcome, it could be a group or anyone who is able to pace other athletes.

4 hours is not too bad to pace, did it a few times and it is really good fun to run with a group.

I just feel bad to let them and anybody down :o

Seb

If i was just doing the 1 race down in longford id gladly do it for you mate but im doing 2 and although i reckon id easily do the second in under 4 i wouldnt want to let anyone down.

No worries, it's not that important, very annoyed I am injured......

No worries, it's not that important, very annoyed I am injured......

Ill do it for you if you want mate. Has it been advertised, does anybody know about it?

• Advertisement

well, been advertised on boards and runireland. I will email the longford crew that you might be interested if you can pm me.

Even when I pace it does not mean I will be able to do it :D

But thanks really appreciate this. I have my physio appointment tuesday ! but it seems that my season is gone...... very bad year this year, first time ever 0 races.

even when I got my back surgery I strugled to do a 1miles run/walk race :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RoyNeary

Seb

What are the other old 5? Apart from Dublin, Belfast and Connemara I thought all the others were new. How old is old??

I old 5 are :

- Dublin
    - Connemara
    - Belfast
    - Longford
    - Cork (which was the newest)

well, been advertised on boards and runireland. I will email the longford crew that you might be interested if you can pm me.

Even when I pace it does not mean I will be able to do it :D

But thanks really appreciate this. I have my physio appointment tuesday ! but it seems that my season is gone...... very bad year this year, first time ever 0 races.

even when I got my back surgery I strugled to do a 1miles run/walk race :pac:

Sent you a pm bud.

Ok thanks again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Lads my Longford Marathon training has fallen through the floor and I have reverted back to the Half Marathon.

Anyone know if the Half Marathon course is
    a) relatively Flat (any significant hills that i should watch out for)
    b) well sign posted (as far as I can make out from the course, we share the same route for the first 7 or 8km... just want to make sure I dont miss the turn off :) )

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

how is everyone's training going? Taper time is a weird place isnt it?

Ive got my last really tough run done, trying to get rid of bronchitis and a claf strain before the big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

<MOD>Lets stay on topic please<MOD>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Lads my Longford Marathon training has fallen through the floor and I have reverted back to the Half Marathon.

Anyone know if the Half Marathon course is
    a) relatively Flat (any significant hills that i should watch out for)
    b) well sign posted (as far as I can make out from the course, we share the same route for the first 7 or 8km... just want to make sure I dont miss the turn off :) )

Muppet Man

Flat as a pancake and the turnoff can't be missed - signposted and marshalled.

Fair enough !

how is everyone's training going for this?

Taper time is weird isnt it? Got my last very hard run done, trying to get rid of bronchitis and a calf strain now.

anyone know what this party afterwards is like? Any craic?

Time for a bump for this thread i think:D
    How is everyones taper going.
    Anyone wanna predict there time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Taper is scary... really doesnt feel "right" LOL :)

Did Connemara Half in 1.59 this year. So all things being equal as long as the sun doesnt shine too hard, I'm hoping for a 1.50-ish. A PB.

Straight off to the physio then to see if he can figure out why my right hip feels like its falling to pieces. :)

Cheers
    Muppet Man

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Time for a bump for this thread i think:D
    How is everyones taper going.
    Anyone wanna predict there time?

taper going grand - hoping for 2'59'59.

How about you - care to predict for both of your races?

where is your marathon on friday?

3.49, 3.59
    the first couple of pints are me if you go sub 3:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Art of Noise

Taking into account the training I have done, I would hope to go at least 3.30,perhaps 3.20 on a good day.I did 66 minutes in a 10 mile race this year but not sure if i've done sufficient mileage to go any quicker than what i've predicted for the marathon.

3.49, 3.59

two sub 4s in three days would be some achievement! Great stuff.

Taking into account the training I have done, I would hope to go at least 3.30,perhaps 3.20 on a good day.I did 66 minutes in a 10 mile race this year but not sure if i've done sufficient mileage to go any quicker than what i've predicted for the marathon.

I did 66'40 for 10 last year and ran 3'10 in dublin. if youve done a few long runs (20+) id say 3'20-3'30 would be pretty comfortable.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Art of Noise

Thanks, we'll see how it goes. I have got up to 20 miles but nothing beyond so that's why i'm been cautious. I want it to be comfortable as well.The very best of luck with your sub 3 effort. The course is very flat so that should help your chances.

If you have got to 20 comfortably id go for 3.15 minimum bud. You know your body well but marathons are meant to hurt at least a little:D

Didnt read your full post.
    The race on friday is over the same course as far as i know.

Didnt read your full post.
    The race on friday is over the same course as far as i know.

interesting way to do a recce :) Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Then you can do the small breakfast run on the Saturday morning to wake up the legs again and then a bit of grub after it.

5k run on the friday night night also:D

• Advertisement

3.49, 3.59
    Felt a bit rough for the last 6 or so miles. Dehydrated to high heaven and cramping everywhere. Mind over matter ect...
    Didnt bring enough fluid out with me and it was fairly hot. These self sufficent jobbies are a totally different animal altogether:D

Advertisement