Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial Game Playing by Women

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ghostdog1

load1234 wrote: »
    Women have there own money now so
    why rush and good looking women have
    many boyfriends, women can pick up men
    easily so they have choice, women are
    very fussy. Most women are only interested
    in money.

I've never heard such a load of crap in my life!! Not making sweeping statements at all are you!, Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

ghostdog1 wrote: »
    I've never heard such a load of crap in my life!! Not making sweeping statements at all are you!, Jesus!!

Look at how it was written - I think it's just a poem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Oh yes, I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective
    Oh…. and um, interesting rhythmic devices, too, which seemed to counterpoint the, er…
    Counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the, um…
    Of the poet’s compassionate soul which contrived through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other. And one is left with a profound and vivid insight into… err…
    Into whatever it was … That the poem was about!

Thank you Mr. Addams, and appologies for paraphrasing. :)

Game playing is linked to age. The game you discribe is associated with girls. Women play different games and infinatly more entertaining.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ilovetosing

I think its healthy but only in the sense where it is played out by both parties on an equal scale and there are no extremes! It is defo what attracted me to my GF and to this day she still tells me that she loved how everything played out. There was no immaturity or waiting 2-3 days for texting** but the conversations would be sharp, short and funny and not giving to much away at the same time. When I planned on making my move I asked her to come out with a few mates and get her mates for a piss up and that night I had the best first kiss of my life and I think the small tactful games we played added to that!

** if I got a text one night I would wait and text her the next day maybe as imo there is no rush on what you already know is going to happen and I think women like to be challenged and are put off by a dude who is eager and responds to a text in less than 60 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

When I met my girlfriend asked there was no gameplaying-but she did ask me out.

There are times I ask myself should I have played hard to get or was I too easy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ghostdog1

Yeah, yer right, Ah it's still stoopid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 load1234

Women can have babies by buying sperm they do not even need man any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Women have there own money now so
    why rush and good looking women have
    many boyfriends, women can pick up men
    easily so they have choice, women are
    very fussy. Most women are only interested
    in money.

This is like one of those poems you see on the DART.
    But funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Nyes. We just LOVE having babies, us wimminz :)

Unfortunately, a petry dish of spunk isn't much use in the sack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Abigayle wrote: »
    Unfortunately, a petry dish of spunk isn't much use in the sack...
    /Muses... :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I´ve played games in the past for these reasons:

1) Had a broken heart before when I stuck my neck out and am wary that it will happen again (yes, I´m a wimp)

2) Unsure if the guy likes me and my stupid pride gets in the way of potentially making a tit of myself.

3) Keeping a distance initially is a bit like foreplay for me with certain men. I don´t like men who are too keen and I presume it´s visa versa...the sense of mystery created by distance is sexy.

4) Men talk about women being "bunny boilers" and stalkers and psychos etc....hard to know where to strike a balance between coming across as desperate and playing it cool...can you fill me in on that one guys?

5) Don´t particularly like the man in question...trying to avoid him.

6) I actually do have a life and am busy and am unsure of when I can them next so have to wait and see before I can make concrete plans.

I´ve never played games to intentionally wreak a man´s head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Women don't play games. Girls do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pento

i agree, theyre bunny boilers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Life would be very boring if you could instantly figure everyone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

PK2008 wrote: »
    Life would be very boring if you could instantly figure everyone out.

yep..... I love feeling like my heads a candel..... MELT.....

No thanks instant turn off :rolleyes:.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If I thought someone was blowing hot and cold just for the sake of just that, blowing hot and cold, then my interest wouldn't last long. I've had my fill of mind games at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I like to be pretty straight up and forward with women, not too forward but just not being a well trained lapdog either.

That way I can sort of 'weed' out the women that I've began to realise don't suit me, mainly very shy, possibly insecure women.

I think this is a side-effect of lifes experiences, I'm 27 now and last time I was single I was 22/23. I'm more comfortable in my skin now and know what I want.

If I as one poster said was waiting 2-3 days for a text back from a girl, it would be a big turn off.

Besides women always claim they want confident guys. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Woman here (not a girl!). I don't play games. If a guy texts me I text back when I see/get the message like I would with a friend. Same with returning calls. I'll also take my turn contacting a guy after the initial two or three dates. Bear in mind a am quite shy.

If a guy doesn't contact me for a week or take days to reply to a text I end it and move on. To me that is just shows a total lack of interest and just messing you about. A few months back told a guy I didn't want to see him again because I wouldn't hear from him for a week at a time. He seem surprised!

It's funny, a similar thread is going on in 'The Ladies Lounge' http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955715

There was also a thread recently in PI where a girl was saying every time she texts/calls a guy they loose interest so I think it works both ways - men are just as guilty of game playing as women (or should we call them boys and girls!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Women playing games at the beginning are a good way of discerning which ones are keepers and which nes should be released. I don't put up with it anymore, or more accurately I have zero tolerance of it not compared to when I was younger. I think it gives an insight into a persons character , the type of emotional games/toying they play with someone else.

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Women playing games at the beginning are a good way of discerning which ones are keepers and which nes should be released. I don't put up with it anymore, or more accurately I have zero tolerance of it not compared to when I was younger. I think it gives an insight into a persons character , the type of emotional games/toying they play with someone else.

I agree.

OP back to your comments about women not returning phone call etc, I don't think this is playing hard to get. I think this means she doesn't want to get involved with you. But then I plays games so maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sebastien De Valmont

Women want to get men to jump through hoops.
    There more hoops a man jumps through the less respect the women has for him.
    If a man refuses to jump and turns the tables on her, the game playing stops and the woman and man are on the level.
    If the man makes it clear he's not going to play ball and she thinks she will lose him she will start to respect him.
    The mistake lots guys make is they give in to women completely thinking that's what they need to do to keep her.
    That's actually the sure fire way to lose her.

If a man refuses to jump and turns the tables on her, the game playing stops and the woman and man are on the level.
    If the man makes it clear he's not going to play ball and she thinks she will lose him she will start to respect him.
    The mistake lots guys make is they give in to women completely thinking that's what they need to do to keep her.

No. SOME women... not us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

only little girls play games .

Most real men will write women like this off as emotionally immature idiots and, by the time 'the tables turn on her', then man has already run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bella_purple

i don't think we women should do that. you should achieve a state of awareness that can make you give without feeling bad, used etc. but this comes in time, normally as a side effect of pain, ironically...

do i make sense? :) i'm afraid my english is poor...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The whole constantly playing mind games thing used to be fun when in school, college etc, but in the end I got bored of it..

If I was interested in someone, I tried to assess things, if I like them and wanted to take it to more than having some fun, I pretty much put my cards on the table with them, they knew how I felt and if they wished to continue then great.. if not, then we both knew where we stood with each other and exactly what it was, sometimes we continued having some fun with no illusions, other times it finished there and then..

I've no problems giving them space to make up their mind, in fact I encourage it as I've been strung along before for a nearly a year by someone who really didnt know what they wanted but seemed to keep telling me what they thought I wanted to hear.. in the end it all got messy and I wasted a year on them missing other opportunities in the process.. :mad:

A little game playing in the very initial stages are cool, keeps things interesting IMO, but its the ones who continue with them many months or even years into a relationship/situation/whatever you want to call it that are not really worth the effort.

If I was seeing someone for say a year who was still into the whole mind games thing and still constantly doing it, I'd get very bored very quickly, probably cut my losses and walk away, as there are so many other things I could be doing with my time and energy in a relationship to work on making it better for both parties rather than trying to sort out whats going on in her head, read the signals etc..

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    A little game playing in the very initial stages are cool, keeps things interesting IMO, but its the ones who continue with them many months or even years into a relationship/situation/whatever you want to call it that are not really worth the effort.

Definitely. Some tit-for-tat for the first couple of weeks maybe. However, there's a difference between that and mind games which go on for months an years... that's often just emotional abuse and/or relationship toxicity with a mentally unwell partner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I wouldnt say all women are like that, far from it.. some seem to test the waters and maybe push the limits to see how far they can go granted, but I think guys do this at the beginning to test potential relationships too.. Its all about getting to know the other person, but continually testing the waters can get very tiring and frustrating for the other person so both parties need to be careful as they could potentially lose someone with all their mind games and regret it.

The trying to stamp your authority thing can backfire very quickly, so its something I stopped doing, if a girl tried to push things, I was usually straight up with them, had a chat about it and the message usually got through and vice versa, if I did it more than like I'm not doing it intentionally, tell me.. if they continued, things usually went downhill after that..

The whole "putting the foot down" and refusing to do stuff rarely works in anyway situation.. its a fine line, but then again reading a womans mind is nearly impossible anyway :D:D

However I do not agree with the whole guy/girl jumping through hoops to please the other person, that definitely doesnt work, they get used as a doormat and end up getting dumped, cheated on etc..

• Advertisement

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Definitely. Some tit-for-tat for the first couple of weeks maybe. However, there's a difference between that and mind games which go on for months an years... that's often just emotional abuse and/or relationship toxicity with a mentally unwell partner.

Very true, it usually turns into a whole power over the other person scenario and it rarely has a good ending..

Advertisement