Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO2 cannisters - Planes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

danotroy wrote: »
    any updates on flying with Co2? flying on Tuesday Cork-Bristol

They'll take it from you in cork has happened to me twice.
    On that subject and still can't get my head around it really is as follows
    They'll allow 200 odd co2 canisters attached to triggers (aka life jackets under seats) in each plane but they go mental if they see a single canister in your luggage not attached to a trigger
    It makes no sense to me whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

you seem to know cork airport so I'll ask another question. Can I ride to the airport and get them to wheel my bike onto the plane? or do i need to pack it in a bike box?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

you seem to know cork airport so I'll ask another question. Can I ride to the airport and get them to wheel my bike onto the plane? or do i need to pack it in a bike box?

You'll have to pack it
    It was the case years ago where you could put a bike straight on but rules have changed no doubt due to the litigious mindset these days.
    If you need to see how have a look at this
    http://m.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-pack-your-bike-854/

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

dvntie wrote: »
    You'll have to pack it
    It was the case years ago where you could put a bike straight on but rules have changed no doubt due to the litigious mindset these days.
    If you need to see how have a look at this
    http://m.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-pack-your-bike-854/

ive flown with bike boxes before just wondering can i wheel up to the airport throw it in a plastic bag and collect it otherside? When i rang aer lingus they said I could do this and that the only place i actually had to have a box was when flying through amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭C3PO

any updates on flying with Co2? flying on Tuesday Cork-Bristol

It's actually quite simple - CO2 Canisters are specifically prohibited from your luggage when flying and if the officials find them they will confiscate them and could possibly (but unlikely) prosecute you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I flew with Aer Lingus to Lyon last July. When I brought my bike box over to the X-ray machine, the operator asked me if i had any CO2 cannisters. I said I had one. He told me "That's fine, every passenger is allowed Two CO2 cannister's in their checkin luggage".

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I've flown out of Cork airport a number of times with a bike not packed in any way. No problems with check in. Tyres deflated, bars rotated and pedals off and they take the bike through the outsize luggage area to the far left of the check in desks. Flying with Aer Lingus each time and the most recent time was last August.

Advertisement