Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you can't get anymore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

BC adaptors

Devices which allowed one to plug things into light sockets when/where there were no other convenient electric sockets available.

Perfectly safe for low wattage devices which didnt need an earth wire. Unfortunately their sale in Ireland/the UK was outlawed due to the powers that be feeling the need to protect clueless people from their own stupidity.

Otherwise there might be nobody left to vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i can't findweight watchers pizzas anywhere anymore.
    it has been a few years since i seen them last

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ten penny bags.

...Consisted of about 10 mixed sugary sweets in a small white plastic bag for 10p. They were such a lovely little treat when I was a kid.

I think you pay about 90c for 10 sweets now...bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

1. fat frogs ice lollies
    2. the toys you used get in cereals (where'd they go?)
    3. good mobile phones that don't break when they "touch" the ground. practically every phone nowadays is crap and not worth a ****. comes with the cost of having so many features.

oh remembered something else, that white top cadbury bar. basically white chocolate on top of black. it was lovely. but it's gone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Three wise men and a virgin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

hyperbaby wrote: »
    i can't findweight watchers pizzas anywhere anymore.
    it has been a few years since i seen them last

Well in Limerick both Dunnes and Tescos do these, don't know why they wouldn't stock them wherever you are. Are they nice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

A ten spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

whiteman19 wrote: »
    oh remembered something else, that white top cadbury bar. basically white chocolate on top of black. it was lovely. but it's gone now :(

Thats a Top Deck bar, loved them. Aldi had a good approximate in one of their choccy ranges, the Schlutorgenn or something bars. but cant find that variety anymore, just f***ing Tiramisu.

I miss King Jackets, crisps made where they hadnt peeled the spud and added SOOOO much flavour to them.

And HB Sky ice creams, basically an Aero bar, covered in vanilla ice-cream and coated in a layer of chocolate. Came in a shiny blue wrapper. Were so tasty....

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Through to idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Does anyone remember the 10p Haribo bottles that came in a variety of flavours, not just cola?

And the Bassett's Milk Teeth, with the powder on them?

I know both of them have been discontinued, but Heinz used to make Bagel Bites, which were essentially mini-pizzas and God they were lovely. Does anyone know if you can still get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The A&E:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

1. fat frogs ice lollies
    3. good mobile phones that don't break when they "touch" the ground. practically every phone nowadays is crap and not worth a ****. comes with the cost of having so many features.

I remember fat frogs! they were lovely, forgot about those completely
    Ten penny bags.

...Consisted of about 10 mixed sugary sweets in a small white plastic bag for 10p. They were such a lovely little treat when I was a kid.

I think you pay about 90c for 10 sweets now...bah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwVpWFyy3M&playnext_from=TL&videos=YeRb4tBx1a0&feature=recentf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    BC adaptors

Devices which allowed one to plug things into light sockets when/where there were no other convenient electric sockets available.

Perfectly safe for low wattage devices which didnt need an earth wire. Unfortunately their sale in Ireland/the UK was outlawed due to the powers that be feeling the need to protect clueless people from their own stupidity.

Otherwise there might be nobody left to vote for them.
    i had wondered about those things
    wish we still had them
    good for christmas time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Barry McGuigan crisps anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

a stiffie ( without drugs)
    Drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Remeber the willy wonka bars they had after the film..they were smalll but omfg they were nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Taylor Keith : Ciderette
    Appla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

a stiffie ( without drugs)
    Drugs

George Michael?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Ice tea soft drink

nestea do them in loads of places, i think every topaz has them.
    Lipton do them in bottles now, 3 for 2 euro in 2 euro shop atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

A Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Lucky Charms Breakfast Cereal :(

Starter handles on cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Bingo Bars

I used to send them over to my sis in law in Australia because she loved them. Haven't been able to find them for a while now. Anyone see these anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

The good ol quarter of sweets, cough drops, pear drops, those sweets that were square shaped and had chocoltate inside etc. Cant seem to get them anymore!

Temp'ny bags!
    Golf ball chewing gums!
    That chewing gum that looked like the stones you put in a fish bowl! Loved them!
    All those cheap lolly pops for 2p and 5p. They were fizzy and some were cola, and some were apple.

I miss the Lolo balls too, and troll dolls, those swatch watches with the big faces that you could pop in and out of the strap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Sex :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Ruby-J wrote: »
    The good ol quarter of sweets, cough drops, pear drops, those sweets that were square shaped and had chocoltate inside etc. Cant seem to get them anymore!

Temp'ny bags!
    Golf ball chewing gums!
    That chewing gum that looked like the stones you put in a fish bowl! Loved them!
    All those cheap lolly pops for 2p and 5p. They were fizzy and some were cola, and some were apple.

I miss the Lolo balls too, and troll dolls, those swatch watches with the big faces that you could pop in and out of the strap!

I went into a sweet shop few months back and they had the massive jars of these sweets, apple drops, pear drops, cola cubes! So I asked for a quart of apple drops and the kid behind the counter looked at me like I had 3 heads. A Quart? WTF is that? LOL Ended up asking for a handful!
    Anyways...
    CHECK THE **** OUTTA THIS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

The thing I miss are freshers, they were sweets like silvermints but fruit flavoured, delish! Also, vice-versas, they were a chocolate treat for the gods themselves.

Were they not Refreshers? In stripy packaging with pink foil?
    I think they're still around in some places, though now you mention it haven't really seen them in a while :(

Here they are!! Except in my time the paper was all shiny... 90's kids ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Haha! That ticked me off too lol, Re-fresh your memories people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

kraggy wrote: »
    Barry McGuigan crisps anyone?

:D I remember these, I remember collecting the packets to send away for a promotion but dont think I ever got anything back...

Anyone remember the tomato flavour crisps, think they were by Sam Spudz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the 10p Haribo bottles that came in a variety of flavours, not just cola?

And the Bassett's Milk Teeth, with the powder on them?

I know both of them have been discontinued, but Heinz used to make Bagel Bites, which were essentially mini-pizzas and God they were lovely. Does anyone know if you can still get them?

Ah Yes!!!

Bassetts Milk Teeth were the best sweet in the world!! There was a shop on Eirregal Road in Drimnagh that sold them right up to the time they were discontinued :mad:and it was always adults who were buying loads of them anytime I went in to get them.:D

Sean

Advertisement