Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you can't get anymore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cavan Cola.

Carrots that taste carrots.

Y cardigans.

Back patches.

Furstenberg.

Laid.

Look-In Magazine.

Spud Guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I love rhubarb and custards, the soft sweets, not boiled, but I can't get them anywhere and the odd time I find them, haribo don't use 'evil' colours and flavourings anymore, so they aren't bright happy sweets, they're the colour of vomit/slime.

i looooved those sweets and was always on the lookout for them! finally found them in a sweetshop in bristol that does loads of hard-to-find sweets and always get some when i'm over... though they are a lot more sickening than i remember!

also loved licorice flyers...licorice filled with yummy flavoured sugar, get them at the same place!

lovehatelove, i was going to say those mario head icecreams too!! such a yummy texture and especially loved the strwberry bit!

also i remember there used to be these little mini bars that were white and pink marshmallow covered in chocolate. they had tom and jerry on the wrappers.

and i miss nerds...multicoloured fruity/sour little crunchy sweets, used to be sold in a box with two flavours...always stock up in the US/canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

1992 calenders.What's that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

My list is.
    Fizzle Sticks
    Pacers
    Kojak lollies
    I used to get a chew at school, it was lemon with a fizzy powder in the middle, can't remember the name tho (late 70's early 80's)
    There was also a bar in the mid 80's, it was chocolate with 9 squares and each was filled with caramel type fondant.
    Kilimanjaro ice cream
    Lil devil and lil angel ice lollies.
    Count Dracula ice lollies

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

Ruu wrote: »

yessss!!! i have mentioned these to so many people and everyone thinks I'm making them up!!! they were like "grown up" chocolate, like how they advertise galaxy now if I'm not mistaken!!

nyom nyom nyom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

im gonna plump for "good manners"

most people nowadays are just ignorant cuunts.

would it kill you to be polite or at least say thanks when i hold a door open for you / let you out onto a busy road / give you money for goods in a shop /pay me for providing a nice safe car in which to have sexual relations?

petrol and used condoms don't grow on trees people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Those little sweets that looked like mini cigarettes. white sticks in a packet. I presume they don't make them anymore... such a wrong idea for kids sweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Snapple,only thing that made my hangovers bearable,cant find it anywhere anymore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Those little sweets that looked like mini cigarettes. white sticks in a packet. I presume they don't make them anymore... such a wrong idea for kids sweets!

LOL they became illegal in 2009 i believe as a result of the
    Health (tobacco) Act 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Satisfaction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

5p crisps with A-Team characters on them, very small bag. Not a bad thing, they would probably charge 50c for them. :/

Penny sweets (esp. cola bottle) that cost 1p each... damn euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

women

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

that sticky tape in shops that flys get stuck on and eventually die.

robin hood ice pops

3 wheeled cars

joe bloggs jeans

big bars

touchdowns

white dog shiit

Airforce trainers from Dunnes

Cadbury 3 wishes chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Those Mario head Ice cream/lollies
    Pickled onion Discos that made your tongue bleed if you ate too many packets
    Vanilla Coke and Mountain Dew
    Astros
    Nobbies Crisps, Also bacon flav Nobbies nuts are extremely hard to come by
    That cereal Start, also the one with Michael Owen on the box and Golden Grahams
    you can get Mountain Dew in Polish shops.
    Start is still going
    Snapple,only thing that made my hangovers bearable,cant find it anywhere anymore!!!
    wtf? Snapple is in almost every shop I go into!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Red liquorice, can't seem to find it here in Ireland. I got it in cambridge about two years ago but that's it. Feckin miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Marathon bar

Just Snickers now

Get some nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Tayto Lona drinks, anyone remember them? I know it's going back a bit.... Findus Chicken Tikka Makhanwala, the nicest frozen meal ever!!!!! And Lucozade Sport diet or low calorie, the nicest drink ever and diet too!!! All gone but not forgotten, by me anyway.............

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

unreggd wrote: »
    Smiley Bars

Kola bars! [Large, flat chewy bars, also came in mint flava!!]

:P

i'm pretty sure they were called Wappa bars :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Any body remember the ice lolly called a "rocket" or something similar.Think it was strawberry or orange with chocolate on top kinda like a "loop da loop"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

lilliec wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure they were called Wappa bars :)

Yes indeed they were Woppa bars, and they were good. Very good.

I also miss pear sparklers. Pear is natures greatest flavour, seriously underused.

Ice cream is too damn expensive now. It's about €2 for something a sparkler would eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

those sweets that used to crackle in your mouth!
    can't remember the name of em?
    always used to get them in selection boxes!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Do you mean pop rocks. I think there was a chocolate bar with them in it, like this: http://www.candyblog.net/blog/item/pop_rocks_milk_chocolate_bar/

But not exactly that. Same idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

highland toffee bars and roy rovers, never see them here in Dundalk :(

Roy Rovers I used to love them and than one day they just disappeared I was so disappointed!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

storm2811 wrote: »
    those sweets that used to crackle in your mouth!
    can't remember the name of em?
    always used to get them in selection boxes!:p

They sound a bit like Gem Gems, which were mini multicolored little pebble like sweets.They came in small packs with transparent packaging and they would pop and crackle away in your mouth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jolly Ranchers:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My hole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hi-Sour sweets!

And there was a bar exactly like a Chomp but the toffee was orange flavoured, was nom nom-a-rific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Snapple is still sold in shops! It's my friends hangover cure/tolerant as well :pac:

Advertisement