Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach Limited & Legendary Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh weird, false advertising much? I saw the €110 poster in there.

Which only makes me more furious that Xtra Vision quoted up to 200 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Which only makes me more furious that Xtra Vision quoted up to 200 euro.

I was quoted that as well but they said that wasnt the actual price - I got a bit scared as when I paid my 5 euro deposit the receipt said balance left to paid 995.00:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IveGotGame

When I went in to Xtravision and asked they said they weren't setting the price until late in the day to make sure the price was competitive... I took this to mean so they weren't charging so much they were pricing themselves out of the competition.

I suppose instead of pre-booking I could just head along to one of the midnight openings... does anyone know what XV stores are open. I know Blanchardstown is but maybe there is one closer to town?

(Never posted on Boards.ie before so excuse me if I've missed some of the etiquette)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ShamRocking

I don't know about the price but I know that you can find a list of the stores on their Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/Xtravision?v=app_17037175766

They have some sort of special offer with it too I looked are their website and there is a page about halo http://www.xtravision.ie/2010/september/haloreach.aspx you might find more info there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh weird, false advertising much? I saw the €110 poster in there.

just got a call from them there, yup its €110 indeed. Said they have 12 legendary editions in, but all preordered.

• Advertisement

Just phoned xtra vision and they still have no confirmation on the price of Halo Legendary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

micks wrote: »
    is there any shops taking orders for legendary edition?

Smiths and HMV wouldn't in the last week just referred me to their websites

its an issue with the ordering system - we already have all the copys in now so theres no point to ordering (if you ordered a week or two ago or earier we would've done it for you) cos we can't do any orders for a few weeks, we can only pre-order things for now like gt5 and that.

seen the legendary edition and the thing is massive... bigger than my microwave the feck !

played a small bit of the game too, so far so good.

maximoose wrote: »
    just got a call from them there, yup its €110 indeed. Said they have 12 legendary editions in, but all preordered.

that price mix up is very common because the first price was not the final price.

a good example of this is on our system GT5 is down for €58.99 but we know thats not the final price and our system needs to be updated, the game is infact €44.99 as we display

so most likely what happened there is when they were checking the pre-order they looked at the price on that and not the final updated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

robbie_998 wrote: »
    seen the legendary edition and the thing is massive... bigger than my microwave the feck !

haha i know i saw it yesterday in store, not looking forward to hauling that home tomorrow

Waiting for confirmation from Xtravision that they will give 25 euro off the legendary/limited editions in their shops if the first 5 customers happen to be buying those ones. Guy in shop said he should know later on in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

deelite wrote: »
    Just phoned xtra vision and they still have no confirmation on the price of Halo Legendary
    told me today that it will be €109

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

If anyone is in the Blanchardstown / Dunboyne area and can't source a limited or legendary edition drop me a pm and I can organise to hold one for you if you don't mind popping up to Dunboyne to collect. We have literally 2 legendary editions left at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey really confused what to do now really bad reports over legendary edition im hearing and some are falling in love with it.

i wasnt impressed has anyone got there hands on it yet to give a 100% fair comment?

My son thinks the legendary is "deadly". When you open the box the limited edition is sitting there in the wrapper - and the only thing that appears to be different is the statue thingy. When he comes in later I'll ask him other differences but there doesn't seem to be any other than the statue and I'm sure he said extra codes (but I could have misheard that)>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Limted edition is pretty good looking. The box is impressive and a lot of attention on the book that comes with it. One of the better LEs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

The limited edition is pretty sweet. I was really surprised at how well it was presented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Whats in the Limited edition exactly is it just DLC and a Art book.I've pre-ordered the Standard one & the limited one is about €15/20 extra.What do you get for the extra money,i'm not able to pick up my copy until Thursday so I would like to know.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whats in the Limited edition exactly is it just DLC and a Art book.I've pre-ordered the Standard one & the limited one is about €15/20 extra.What do you get for the extra money,i'm not able to pick up my copy until Thursday so I would like to know.

It's not actually an art book, basically it's Dr. Halsey's diary but it's actually presented as an actual artefact. It comes packaged as such in a sort of fake intel top secret box and the diary itself has clippings and photos etc placed between the pages. There's even a few pages torn out for effect.

There's also extra stuff in the back, insignia patches and a pass card etc.

It sounds silly (and I guess it is) but it's a really nicely put together package but I guess you have to be a colossal geek to really enjoy it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It's not actually an art book, basically it's Dr. Halsey's diary but it's actually presented as an actual artefact. It comes packaged as such in a sort of fake intel top secret box and the diary itself has clippings and photos etc placed between the pages. There's even a few pages torn out for effect.

It sounds silly (and I guess it is) but it's a really nicely put together package but I guess you have to be a colossal geek to really enjoy it. :D

Has it got the problem the Halo 3 limited edition where you could break the game disc when you tried to take it out if you weren't careful.The Glue that held the little circular thingy that held the game disc leaked on my Game Disc aswell,thankfully it came off.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Has it got the problem the Halo 3 limited edition where you could break the game disc when you tried to take it out if you weren't careful.

Nah, the game itself is in its own box which I assume is identical to the regular version's box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Nicely packaged alright, the diary has a lot, glad I didn't get the Legendary edition, the model of team noble would have taken up half the space in my box room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

I purchased the halo reach game on the day of the release after preordering it has anyone else not recieved the armour they promised on the posters there was also no xtra points with the offer and we where also told that there would be no late night opening in Waterford. When i went back to the shop there girl had no idea about the armour or the points i am waiting for a phone call since the release about the armour still no phone call, very bad service will not be buying a game there again.:mad:

Advertisement