Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach Limited & Legendary Edition

Options
  • 23-04-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

2ljn8mb.jpg
    Sooo good.

Tad disappionted by the lack of Making of & Dev Commentaries (Jones, Staten & Marty talking over H1 & H2 was fantastic, favourite part of the Legendary edition) but must admit the Statue looks fantastic and the Halsey journal is right up my alley as a fan of the Universe.

2ag830p.jpg
    The Limited Edition:
    * Game disc housed in recovered ONI ”black box”
    * An exclusive in-game Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes
    * Artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the Halo Universe

28lcmzn.jpg
    The Legendary Edition:
    In addition to the game disc, manual, and the complete contents also found in the Limited edition, the Legendary edition includes:
    * Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statuette is a must have for any serious Halo fan
    * UNSC-themed custom packaging
    * An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect
    dop002.jpg

It's up on Amazon.co.uk now but do people think we'll get the legendary edition here?
    In what stores? Game & Gamestop?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lultam

So expensive... I got the H3 legendary when I was minted but times have changed. So much nerdy goodness tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

All 3 versions available in Gamestop to prebook (standard, limited, legendary), Picked up ODST today for the Beta and get a free €10 prebook on Halo Reach, went for standard, but I'm sure you can stick the prebook on the other editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

turnfan wrote: »
    All 3 versions available in Gamestop to prebook (standard, limited, legendary), Picked up ODST today for the Beta and get a free €10 prebook on Halo Reach, went for standard, but I'm sure you can stick the prebook on the other editions.

Do you know what the prices were for the three versions in Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

No prices confirmed yet, all I can see online at the mo is USD prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

turnfan wrote: »
    No prices confirmed yet, all I can see online at the mo is USD prices.

£93.18 on Amazon.co.uk right now, accepting pre-orders.
    Don't think we'd get it Day of Release even with Priority Shipping though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

£93.18 on Amazon.co.uk right now, accepting pre-orders.
    Don't think we'd get it Day of Release even with Priority Shipping though.

Any time I've ordered a game on Amazon with Priority shipping when the release date would be a Friday, it'd arrive on the Monday.

I'm pretty sure the Legendary Edition is going to be around the €150 mark in Gamestop. I picked up ODST for a mate and got the free €10 deposit, put it straight on the Legendary, that statue is gonna be SWEET!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

it so tempting when ya have the mula..but i think id be very stupid to play 150 for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Malone1994

Really looking forward to Reach.
    Gonna need to start saving up for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Keanosmagic

guaranteed someone like tesco will have it at a bargain on day of release just like mw2

Think HMV are offering the Legendary Edition for €110.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The Legendary edition does look class but dont think I could justify spending 110 euro or so for it. Tough times with college starting back up in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

is there any shops taking orders for legendary edition?

Smiths and HMV wouldn't in the last week just referred me to their websites

micks wrote: »
    is there any shops taking orders for legendary edition?

Smiths and HMV wouldn't in the last week just referred me to their websites

Game definitely did(/do?), I have to assume Gamestop do as well.
    Odd that HMV would advertise it in store then make you order it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Finally was able to pre-order legendary edition today - Xtra Vision (I never thought of them)

Have your membership card to hand - or else bring photo id and a bill and they'll set you up an account - I paid 5 euro deposit...happy days.

Game definitely did(/do?), I have to assume Gamestop do as well.
    Odd that HMV would advertise it in store then make you order it online.
    The girl serving me said they'd already ordered their quota of 1!!!
    and suggested trying their site.
    Tried Gamestop yesterday no luck will try xtravision this morning cheers deelite

Did you have any luck in Xtra Vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Xtravision taking bookings. Go to your local one. Shops dont have a quota.

deelite wrote: »
    Did you have any luck in Xtra Vision?

Ye got it in xtravision on Sat -cheers

no price yet though have to wait for price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Heard Legendary is gonna be 110 in HMV and 150 everywhere else, anyone confirm this?

Game in Limerick said €130.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Heard Legendary is gonna be 110 in HMV and 150 everywhere else, anyone confirm this?

HMV 110 but wont take orders Smiths 129 but wont take orders
    Xtra Vision - "Competitive price released closer to release date"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Looks like noone knows how much to charge! I for one wont pay more than 150 though......damn I hope its not 150, much as I love you bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm kinda pissed off that only the standard edition comes with the REACH console :mad: I might pre-order a limited edition and just sell the standard I get with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'm kinda pissed off that only the standard edition comes with the REACH console :mad: I might pre-order a limited edition and just sell the standard I get with it....

I know, if it came with the legendary edition for an extra 50€ or whatever I'd buy the reach console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Want the legendary edition so bad. Game and Gamestop are booked out and quoted 125-130 euro each, went to Xtra Vision where I was quoted 200 euro! Madness. So, just the standard edition for me, and I guess I'll have to settle for purchasing some of the McFarlane figures seperately, or snap up a preowned.

€200?
    Surely Xtravision wouldn't dare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

€200?
    Surely Xtravision wouldn't dare?

I know, it's ridiculous. They said the price could change but when Game, HMV and Gamestop have definite prices already, there was no way I was risking reserving a Legendary only to be told on the day that yes, they were selling it at said grossly inflated price, and I could take it or leave it - it would kill me to have to go without Reach on Tuesday. I feel better knowing that at least I can definitely go home with the regular edition that morning. If there happens to be a Legendary left over Tuesday morning and the price is actually closer to that quoted by the other stores, I'll just take it.

I heard half a radio ad last night but the tail end said something like you will get 800 microsoft points for getting Halo in Xtravision.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fieldog wrote: »

i rang HMV henry street earlier today to check my preorder was still on their system as I did it ages ago...Legendary edition will be €114.99

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    i rang HMV henry street earlier today to check my preorder was still on their system as I did it ages ago...Legendary edition will be €114.99
    Oh weird, false advertising much? I saw the €110 poster in there.

Advertisement