Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been sent/asked to buy...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dr Galen wrote: »
    I once bought 4 different packs of pads, because i couldnt remember which ones the then gf wanted, and she wasn't answering the phone. She was quite touched by that, considering the price!

LOL I asked the bf once to pick up some cuticle sticks and a nail file in Boots for me. I'd the phone on silent, and didn't notice him calling, and back he arrived with enough nail stuff to last a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

nouggatti wrote: »
    LOL I asked the bf once to pick up some cuticle sticks and a nail file in Boots for me. I'd the phone on silent, and didn't notice him calling, and back he arrived with enough nail stuff to last a year!

emma??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dr Galen wrote: »
    emma??

Ha, no lol :D

The best yet was when I asked him to drop down to the beauty salon to pick up even more nail products (he works locally to where we live, I work 45 miles away and often don't get to the shops)

I texted my precise requirements, and he rang so I could speak to the beautician and confirm them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 C_J

I remember once when my mam was in hospital and dad was looking after the shopping, etc.....my sister and I were teenagers at the time so we're going back like 6/7 years here:)..... and needed him to pick up tampons when he was at the supermarket.
    He was mortified, but fair play to him he came home with a couple of boxes for us and the right ones at that. We were deadly impressed at him, almost as impressed as he was with himself:D

On the other hand, my ex who is only in his 30's now flat out refused to pick me up some while he at the chemist when I asked him:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

C_J wrote: »

On the other hand, my ex who is only in his 30's now flat out refused to pick me up some while he at the chemist when I asked him:cool:

It should be a kind of celebratory thing and most couples are delighted. Maybe if they did a special offer -like a free mars bar for a guy who buys them or a car competition.

And this months Tampax Opel Astra goes to Tommy from Lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

It would have bothered me in my younger days. but now i dont care. its not like they're for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Have done in the past for girlfriends and for a friend too,didnt bother me as far as I can recall and I certainly wouldnt mind having to do it again.I can however see why some may find it a bit embarassing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea have done. Not an issue. Though I have known guys who have refused.

Maybe a better litmus test is to see if a guy will buy tights. A mate of mine was getting ready for a social do and her tights laddered. She asked her guy of 3 years could he get a pair for her and he flat refused. Freaked right out about it. I was giving them a lift so on the way over I went and got them for her. Maybe he figured they would think they were for him? Very few of my male mates would have problems with tampons etc, but something like tights and the like they would.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Never been asked.

Don't think I'd have a problem buying them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 C_J

CDfm wrote: »
    It should be a kind of celebratory thing and most couples are delighted. Maybe if they did a special offer -like a free mars bar for a guy who buys them or a car competition.

And this months Tampax Opel Astra goes to Tommy from Lucan

Haha, hilarious:pac: There's a heck of a marketing plan! There'd be loads of men going to the shops to buy 10 packets at a time, no asking necessary!!

• Advertisement

Never been asked.

Don't think I'd have a problem buying them though.

Well there is no time like the present.

" Hi hon, I'm home and I picked up a little something for you :pac:"

EDIT - nah you shouldnt have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why I bought them just recently from Centra for the other half. I can't see why any guy would have a problem getting them for his lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Wibbs wrote: »

Maybe a better litmus test is to see if a guy will buy tights. A mate of mine was getting ready for a social do and her tights laddered. She asked her guy of 3 years could he get a pair for her and he flat refused. Freaked right out about it. I was giving them a lift so on the way over I went and got them for her. Maybe he figured they would think they were for him? Very few of my male mates would have problems with tampons etc, but something like tights and the like they would.
    I couldn't give a toss what she wants me to pick up.
    It's a product, it's there to be purchased.
    Tights, Tampons, Female products of any description.. It's a product.
    Purchasing it, or being asked to,doesn't phase me at all.
    If the checkout person says anything, I wind them up with a quick wink and a 'they're for me, hope you don't mind'.
    Boy does that leave a priceless look on their faces!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Have never been asked but would have no problem buying tampons, tights, knickers etc.

To be honest I may have had a different attitude when I was younger (say late teens/early twenties) but the older you get, the less of a sh1t you give about trivial "embarrassing" situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I worked in Cleary's years ago as a teenager and I'd say about 50 percent of the customers buying tights were men, seriously. It was amusing. Surprisingly tough to distinguish between the boyfriends and the cross dressers :pac:

Anyway on topic, back when I used to live at home we'd send my Dad out to do the weekly shopping and give him a list as long as his arm of lady products for the household - 'Tampax regular, veet wax strips, deodorant, lil-lets'...no bother to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

See, I would have less of a problem buying tights, panties, or anything like that than I would buying tampons. I'd still buy them though if asked.

LD 50 wrote: »
    See, I would have less of a problem buying tights, panties, or anything like that than I would buying tampons. I'd still buy them though if asked.

Tights are easy -i once asked a girl in a shopping center where she got hers as nearest and dearest was looking for a pair.

Advertisement