Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you willing to join Anti-Government Protests?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I don't think we're all that far apart Raiser in what we think should happen politically, but I still think that reprimanding errant politicans and their parties through the ballot box is far more effective than stamping our feet in a huff. They can, and will, ignore the protests, and the Opposition will also be wary of them lest they set an unwanted precedent. On the other hand, every single politican in the world frets about keeping their seat. If they knew that dishonesty, incompetence, lack of vision, inability to take necessary, but tough decisions etc would come back to haunt them during elections, their mindset would change radically, and hey presto, we'd have a new type of governance. For this to happen though, the electorate needs to get their act together, accept their share of the responsibilty, and elect governments not for the goodies they promise, but for the prmise of their leadership.

Pete M. wrote: »
    Good man Raiser.

Just get out there then. There's plenty of groups trying to organise protests etc. Get involved.

You're right as far as I'm concerned. Time for real change.
    Bedamned we'll be if we don't take the opportunity.

Don't we have an opportunity every 5 years or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Einhard wrote: »
    Don't we have an opportunity every 5 years or so?

Not really. Same faces, families, FF/FG/Lab/SF/a.n.other, etc.

I mean real change.

It's time for real change surely?

I mean C'MON..

Pete M. wrote: »
    Not really. Same faces, families, FF/FG/Lab/SF/a.n.other, etc.

I mean real change.

It's time for real change surely?

I mean C'MON..

Fair point, but if you don't think there's anyone worth voting for, who exactly do you propose to replace the present crowd with should your protest be successful?

On an entirely related note, what the hell does that little star under my name mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Einhard wrote: »
    On an entirely related note, what the hell does that little star under my name mean?

They are STFU Stars - Hush up quick and you'll earn lot 'n lots more.

- Joking, only joking People - move on nothing to see here - go home.....

P.S. Einhard - You come across as a likeable and decent Person - I'm nearly sorry our Political views are so antagonistic..... You should possibly revise yours and come back later?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    They are STFU Stars - Hush up quick and you'll earn lot 'n lots more.

- Joking, only joking People - move on nothing to see here - go home.....

P.S. Einhard - You come across as a likeable and decent Person - I'm nearly sorry our Political views are so antagonistic..... You should possibly revise yours and come back later?!?!?!?!

So I don't get first pick from the class toybox on Friday if I get most stars in the week? Nothing to do with that at all eh? Godammit, why can't real life be more like primary school??

P.S. Raiser- I'm not likeaebale or decent at all! Take it back sir!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It means you arent a Boards.ie Greenhorn any more... I think its at 50 posts or something like that.

DeV.

Advertisement