Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to improve TNA

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought Storm wasn't watching TNA anymore?

His blogs are reaching Brian Alvarez-levels of tedious TNA bashing for the sake of it at this stage. Maybe his readers would like to see him write about something else other than how sh*t TNA is?

He said he gave up on it but when he heard about the rob terry chair shot just after hearing about the death of kanyon he was far from happy and had a rant anyway. I can't blame him really.

I love reading his rants regardless of the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I love reading his rants regardless of the subject.

Having followed TNA for a while now I can honestly say that I'd probably agree with about 95% of what Storm writes about the company.

Storm never rants just for the sake of ranting, what he says about the company is true and he backs up all his opinions with examples of the ridiculousness of what's happening there.

When credit is due he will give it.

Storm knows as well as any of us that the company is brimming with talent and potential and they're just p*ssing it down the drain with bad booking and lame plots. He wants that company to succeed more than anything... wrestling suffers if WWE is the only half decent product.

I've said it already on this thread... the Orlando Jordan appearances the past two weeks made me ashamed to admit I watch Pro Wrestling... just absolutely cringe worthy stuff.

Maybe his readers would like to see him write about something else other than how sh*t TNA is?

Errr... the vast majority of stuff he writes about isn't about TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Also one story line per character/wrestler. I don't want to see Team Flair, FLair with AJ, Team Hogan, Hogan in the title story, Hogan in AJs stories, Hogan and Bischoff story, etc

Pick one each, stick with it for a decent length, then move on to the next. This also means not having Jeff and RVD running into save every face in the company.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Pretty much as long as TNA keeping producing the same old sh*te they have been producing for quite a long time now.

I have to say I find the fundamentals of what Storm says to be very true... which is that the booking and story lines in TNA are dreadful.

I don't understand how many times you can watch a Russo show and give out that it's Russo. At some point you'd have to think "oh right, Russo produces a Russo show". Surely he's run out of "new" material and is just re-stating his points with fresh examples.

With the exception of the recent women's division turn and the blunder-twin power-rings, TNA's booking has been much better and coherent for the most part. "Dreadful" would suggest it's the worst it could be, and no, it's not. Electrified Steel Cages and Fish Market Brawls are closer to the worst it could be. Would you consider the Angle/Anderson storyline dreadful?

I don't think the glaring similarities of TNA and WCW has escaped anyone's attention. It's probably the oldest statement the wrestling community have on TNA since about....2006? (That said it is remarkably similar, just on a smaller scale!)
    The fact of the matter is that I only tune into TNA these days to see how low they can actually go.

That sounds like a bare-faced lie. No-one continuously watches a show they hate purely in a negative sense. There is some kind of pleasure you derive from it. You do enjoy something in it! Something about TNA drives you to consciously spend time watching it every week. Maybe you just arm-chair book and can't just enjoy what they do; or accept how TNA run things. Or maybe you don't admit you like some of their booking/storylines/wrestlers and don't wanna seem pro-TNA; who knows!

Are you telling me you didn't enjoy anything from this week's impact or impact 4 weeks ago with Jarrett/Foley and RVD-Hardy/Beer Money? To me it sounds like you're basing your view of TNA from roughly this time last year; when TNA were really producing awful shows and PPVs. For the most part, TNA has been more entertaining then RAW these last 2 months, and since Bischoff and Hogan has come in, the promos and coherency of plot have gotten much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I enjoyed the Fish Market Street Fight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Get rid of Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, Nash, Hall, Waltman. We've already seen them all. TNA needs to offer an alternative. Something that the general public hasn't seen before. The promotion should be built around guys like Joe and AJ and the young TNA guys. Not over-50 WWE has-beens.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

I think the whole "old guys are bad for TNA" argument if far too simplistic. Look at the way HHH, HBK and Taker have been working for the WWE for the last few years. The likes of Sting, The Dudleys and Jarrett were all filling roles on TNA too.

Personally I think Flair as a manager and Hulk as a GM is fine, they just need to stick to their roles. Sting, Jarrett, Dudleys, etc are fine too.

If you look at TNA before the Hogan stuff the older guys like Nash, Booker and Steiner were used to get the younger guys over. Now we get Hulk vs Flair, Sting vs Jarrett, etc Whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkest star2379

i have to disagree with comment about "get rid of hall and nash and waltman"

as long as theese guys are on tv , i will continue to watch tna ...the younger talent in tna...hell they may be great wrestlers but they dont have "it"

look at the likes of rock,hogan,flair,ddp,austin,breat hart,hhh,hbk,taker ..and ill include razor ramon and diesel (hall and nash) angle sting goldberg big show and others

and then compare that crop to wolfe,pope,aj styles,samoa joe,and the 50 thousand other tag teams that bore me sideways......and i have been watchin tna longer than a lot of pople.......its just boring with theese guys there..i dont care what anyone says

also I HATE HEARING JACKASS'S SHOUT "holy sh*t" or other stuff that can clearly be heard....it cheapens the whole mood for me

and finally.....TNA NEEDS BIGGER ARENAS AND BIGGER CROWDS

I enjoyed the Fish Market Street Fight.:)

BBBBBBBEAAYAH!!!!!!

fish.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

El_Drago wrote: »
    3 words-Fire Vince Russo

i'd get rid of hogan, flair and bischoff as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J.R. has said on his blog that going to TNA is a viable option if he leaves WWE. His contract expires this Friday. Personally I'd be surprised if he ended up there but who knows...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J.R. has said on his blog that going to TNA is a viable option if he leaves WWE. His contract expires this Friday. Personally I'd be surprised if he ended up there but who knows...

I would take TNA far more seriously if JR was there than when any big name (Angle, Jeff etc) has gone there, although he is more possible he just seems like a Taker or Cena atm i.e what is qunitissential about the WWE (even if he isnt on air atm). Vince would actually start to care if this happened to.

It just makes no sense to me, rehire the guy, hes great in so many aspects not just commentating but even in that respect he is still a league above what the WWE currently have imo and should be instantley re-instated on Raw's commentary team afaic. If i was in charge itd be one of the shocks of the supplemental draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would take TNA far more seriously if JR was there than when any big name (Angle, Jeff etc) has gone there, although he is more possible he just seems like a Taker or Cena atm i.e what is qunitissential about the WWE (even if he isnt on air atm). Vince would actually start to care if this happened to.

It just makes no sense to me, rehire the guy, hes great in so many aspects not just commentating but even in that respect he is still a league above what the WWE currently have imo and should be instantley re-instated on Raw's commentary team afaic. If i was in charge itd be one of the shocks of the supplemental draft.

Yeah it would be a top coup for TNA. Would be harsh on Tenay although I think a 3 man booth could work.

I feel they have been quite sh*tty to him personally. I read his blogs a lot and it seems they have decided to keep him off air and want him in other projects. He even said Michaels and Taker lobbied for him to call their Mania match but the company rejected that idea. I think he also mentioned they have done some Legends discussions without him too. He's quite defiant that he has more matches left in him to call and has said MMA could be an option for him too.

I just don't get why they are putting him off air. I'm guessing it's because they feel he doesn't fit their brand image but listening to WWE's commentary of late has done my head in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its odd how they've treated JR not just this time but at various points of the past few years. Its like Vince has a personal dislike of him or womething ans has made a few attempts to take him off the air only to backtrack and re-instate him. I understand the need to look to the future and the need to give a guy like Cole a vote of confidence (like him or not, its clear he is here to stay). But as JR has said theres life in him yet and its not as if theres a cut off age for sitting at a booth commentating on a wrestling match, Gorilla and Heenan did it till a good old age for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Change to a bigger network.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

super-rush wrote: »

WWE did fine when they were on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

WWE did fine when they were on it.

Didn't Raw do its worst ratings on TNN/ Spike TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

My opinion choose the correct wrestlers to build as characters. i.e. Somoa Joe could really execute a good character in my opinion, if he was the take no BS type they could build a presence around him.

WWE can pick the correct people some of the time to actually let build their characters, give them that extra air time and mic time. I.e. CM Punk and Edge. To me TNA will give anybody air and mic time when they think it makes sense. In my opinion someone like AJ Styles does not need much mic time, he can be great without it. I much rathered when he didn't talk much, it made you sit back and think wow he's great, I wonder what he's like.

I don't hold much hope for TNA and at this rate would not be sad to see it go. Bring on ROH. I need my Jerry Lynn fix, why that guy has not been pushed to the moon on the back of The Wrestler is beyond me, he's the perfect mould to take on that persona..do promos of him being drunk and unable to wrestle and crap like that. It would be genius

What I hate about AJ in TNA of late is/was that he's playing the village idiot heel... is completely overshadowed by Flair and then add this to the fact that he's was supposed to be World Champion (up until the recent title change)... it was a bit lame.

The comical clown heel champ doesn't really do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I don't hold much hope for TNA and at this rate would not be sad to see it go. Bring on ROH. I need my Jerry Lynn fix, why that guy has not been pushed to the moon on the back of The Wrestler is beyond me, he's the perfect mould to take on that persona..do promos of him being drunk and unable to wrestle and crap like that. It would be genius

They did that storyline when he won the ROH title last year, albeit not to the extent that you're describing with the drunkenness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Didn't Raw do its worst ratings on TNN/ Spike TV?

nope, when raw switched in sep 2000 its ratings barely changed it was still doing mid 5s, raws ratings started falling back in june 2002 (high to mid 3s) nearly 2 years after raws move to spike and they have stayed consistent since then

Quick Question -

A few weeks back Jeff Jarrett was beating the crap outta Sting asking "Why Stinger, Why?" in relation to Sting's Heel turn joining with Team Flair.

I think I eventually turned off before actually managing to find out why Sting joined Team Flair and I haven't watched a show in it's entirety since.

Does anyone know what the actual reason was?

Edit: OK, I just read some stuff about him being pizzed off with Hogan (due to their previous relationship in WCW which nobody in TNA can really talk about) and Dixie and that's the reason for his heel turn.

super-rush wrote: »

agreed, i don't know american tv channels but moving to a free TV network that everyone can see would be a great idea; like Sky 1 over here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd add more clips for building stories like the MCMG vs. Beer Money one; things like that tends to go viral quickly and that is by far the best promotion TNA can hope for.

Advertisement