Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still a virgin in my twenties.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dudess wrote: »
    But a lot of guys don't think in such terms, thank god...

I beg to differ if a guy is looking for a one night stand hes going to go after the cheap easy tarts that have lots of make-up and a slutty/slapperish appearance as they are considered the easiest to pull

on the other hand if they are looking for a long term relationship they will infact go for the opposite - someone with class who doesnt have a reputation of sleeping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

"Oh and if a woman told me I was her first, I would take things slow and easy with her during sex and make her first time a more pleasureable and enjoyable one."

more pleasurable and enjoyable than what?? all the other times a virgin had sex? :p

(don't mind me, just joking... I hope it's not offensive or off-topic, mods!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I think guys would be worried that you haven't had sex because you only want to have sex in a deeply committed relationship and the vast majority of people have sex with each other long before that stage.

I mean if you make it clear that's not the reason, I can't see any guy being bothered/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

seenitall wrote: »
    more pleasurable and enjoyable than what?? all the other times a virgin had sex? :p
    For this once I am gonna feed...

In response to your obvious attempt, many women always say that their first time was one they would rather forget, that it hurt or it was definitely one worth forgetting but they are unable to etc

Would it not be a better thing to do, by giving them a worthwhile memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Hey Master of Nothing,

no need to feed me, I can feed myself pretty well! :D Nor am I a troll.

I got full well what you were saying, and kudos to you. I would hope most guys would feel similar to yourself on that subject.

I was merely being a smarty-pants regarding your syntax (i.e. when you say you would for example like to see a more interesting film, you are implicitely using a comparison - as in, more interesting than what, than the film it was, than the film you saw last night, or than one you saw last year, etc.). With regards to virginity, there is no comparison for that experience, therefore room for someone's preciousness with grammar and jokey comments...:o

Alas, the weekend could have been more eventful than it was! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

A quote from American Pie of all things:

"It's not a space shuttle launch, it's SEX."

I always think that this statement is so true. So many people over-analyse sex to within an inch of it's life. Sex then loses all the fun. intimacy etc.

Some say just have a one-nighter to lose your virginity. Others believe that a person's virginity is akin to a gift from the heavens and shall only be given to "the chosen one".

Do what feels right for you, not what others say. And later on you realise that sometimes sex is a treasured intimate thing, other times it's just a way of letting off some steam, it's all about your current state of mind and the person you're with.

So don't worry. :)

I'm 19 guy and I'm still a virgin. In fairness I think it makes you more special. You are pure, purity is good.

Im a 27 year old female and I can relate to OP, as I'm currently in the same position. In the past year I have started to feel down, as I've never once being in any type relationship. It's mainly due to my shyness and lack of confidence that I find it difficult to interact with guys. Last year, I had my first real experience of being intimate with a guy. It was very brief, only a few weeks, it was great to be intimate with him and I felt ready to have sex with him and possibly tell him my situation, however I think he got bored of the intimacy and not getting past 1st base or I was too quiet and shy for him. He never called or text after the last night of my reluctance to be with him as I was'nt ready on that particular night. I think now will I ever meet a genuine sincere guy who will accept me as I am. I don't want to reach 30 and have never been in a loving relationship. I'm just a normal woman, a stranger would'nt think to look at me that I'm unexperienced in relationships. I'm considered attractive and do get attention from guys on the odd occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Benincasa

Im a 27 year old female and I can relate to OP, as I'm currently in the same position. In the past year I have started to feel down, as I've never once being in any type relationship. It's mainly due to my shyness and lack of confidence that I find it difficult to interact with guys. Last year, I had my first real experience of being intimate with a guy. It was very brief, only a few weeks, it was great to be intimate with him and I felt ready to have sex with him and possibly tell him my situation, however I think he got bored of the intimacy and not getting past 1st base or I was too quiet and shy for him. He never called or text after the last night of my reluctance to be with him as I was'nt ready on that particular night. I think now will I ever meet a genuine sincere guy who will accept me as I am. I don't want to reach 30 and have never been in a loving relationship. I'm just a normal woman, a stranger would'nt think to look at me that I'm unexperienced in relationships. I'm considered attractive and do get attention from guys on the odd occasion.

If that guy didn't want to bother calling you back, or wouldn't respect your reluctance to sleep with him then you are better off without him.

Wait for somebody decent. You are worth it.

Not all guys are like this particular one, hold out for the right guy.

OP- I can only join with others readers in saying Fair Play- you should be proud of yourself, and as others have said its a minor part of life, and doesn't make a difference to who you are!
    Personally, I lost my virginity to my boyfriend after 18 months together- I loved him, etc, etc. We were together for nearly 4 years when we broke up. Since then, I haven't slept with anyone- I have kissed men, but nothing more... I just don't see the point in throwing myself into people's beds! I have gotten offers alright, and turned them down, and then a few days later I might go "I should have, I might never meet a guy again, etc". But at the end of the day, someone is going to have to be extremely special to share that with me.... and you should be happy to feel the same.... its a very big deal in my eyes to share those moments!!!!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a lot of people here believe losing ones virginity is a very serious matter

I wouldn't want to dismiss it but I also believe it's no big deal.

A quote from American Pie of all things:

"It's not a space shuttle launch, it's SEX."

Don't be holding on to your virginity like it's a medal, when the time comes be happy to give it away and ultimately most people lose it to someone who they will soon after break up with - Don't feel like you've sold your soul down the river! That's life!

It's sex, do it and enjoy i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

19/m wrote: »
    I'm 19 guy and I'm still a virgin. In fairness I think it makes you more special. You are pure, purity is good.

I never understand this 'purity' line. Pure in what sense? Being sexually active doesn't somehow sully your body, simply by no longer being a virgin.

Kudos to anyone who is willing to wait until the time is right for them. I don't believe anyone should rush into bed for the sake of it, or just to 'get it out of the way'.

I just don't hold with this idea that someone is more 'special' or 'pure' than anyone else because of the physical scope of their relationships.

Advertisement