Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airside car park clamping

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Moreard

Beasty wrote: »
    It normal for them to take vehicle details early on then come back later - if the cars are still there they clamp them.

It's a bit of a give away if you park away from the shops perhaps near a bus stop or towards the car showrooms or leave your car well before the shops open

I was walking through Airside at 10.45 this morning and observed a chap in a hi-vis taking the details of all the cars parked in the upper part of the car park (opposite Reids, close to the Boroimhe / R132 junction). I counted 19 cars x €120 = €2,280 so it's not hard to see why they're doing it.

As Beasty says it's probably wise to park further down, maybe opposite Woodies or something so as to mix in with the regular shoppers parking and make yourself harder to spot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If they're walking around, it won't be hard for them to spot those parking for a long period. It just may take them a little longer to get to you. :D

Also, the clamping fee only goes to the clamping company (in general), and doesn't go to the stores nor management company of the site.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Went by at about 6:30, some cars had been there since I went by this morning, but none of them were clamped, they just had the stickers placed on the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ginny wrote: »
    Went by at about 6:30, some cars had been there since I went by this morning, but none of them were clamped, they just had the stickers placed on the windows.

Noticed the stickers as well. They probably don't have enough clamps.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Not a fan of clamping but how can people complain when there using private car parking for themselves while getting the bus etc, in my premises people park all the time when there going to a shop across the road that has parking and its a pain in the balls! people are just so selfish in this regard.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Why would you be glad about something like that? :confused:

If Swords had adequate parking and transport links to the city, this wouldn't happen. A lot of people live on the fringes of Swords and have to drive in, find somewhere to park and then get a bus to work as Dublin Corporation are trying to cut down on cars coming into the city. There needs to be some joined-up thinking between Fingal Co. Co. and Dublin Corporation. These people need somewhere to park where they won't be clamped for using private car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

If Swords had adequate parking and transport links to the city, this wouldn't happen. A lot of people live on the fringes of Swords and have to drive in, find somewhere to park and then get a bus to work as Dublin Corporation are trying to cut down on cars coming into the city. There needs to be some joined-up thinking between Fingal Co. Co. and Dublin Corporation. These people need somewhere to park where they won't be clamped for using private car parks.
    Not too sure why your quoted my comment or how yours related to my question.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Not too sure why your quoted my comment or how yours related to my question.

Hi Bluetronic,
    Yes you're right. It has no relation to your posting. What happened was I sent that reply from my IPhone. Big fingers, small screen. Sorry, but o hope you agree about lack of parking for commuters.
    Regards. BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭kravmaga

+1 100%

Fingal County Council would make a fortune if they developed a proper Park and Ride Car park facility for hard pressed commuters.

This is a no brainer..............FCC just need a site close to the Swords road.

no just didnt see it causing any harm, there's certainly plenty of spaces for people doing shopping... found it slightly odd that it would make you glad, does it personally affect you or you're just glad to see car parks used correctly?

The car park spaces are for shoppers.

They are not for commuters or airport long term car parking.

Why do you find it slightly odd that I am glad to see the car park managed correctly?

By any chance would you be one of those individuals who has been clamped? :-)

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    Not a fan of clamping but how can people complain when there using private car parking for themselves while getting the bus etc, in my premises people park all the time when there going to a shop across the road that has parking and its a pain in the balls! people are just so selfish in this regard.

Agreed , +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Agreed , +1

I in fact completely disagree. How much of this industrial estate/carpark was paid for by tax payers money? 99%? Why can't tax payers use the facility (at no loss to the businesses)?

This is obviously a money spinner for some unscrupulous clamping company.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

The car park spaces are for shoppers.

They are not for commuters or airport long term car parking.

Why do you find it slightly odd that I am glad to see the car park managed correctly?

I find it slightly odd because you have no connection to it and are not personally affected by it. I am in the same position and it certainly didn't cause me to express emotion, rather a topic of conversation. To be honest I've more things going on in my life than car parks to get excited about, maybe you're not so fortunate. It is however a relief to know that if I do decide to shop in Airside I will have no trouble looking for parking, thanks to locals like yourself.

By any chance would you be one of those individuals who has been clamped? :-)

No, thank God, I work in the airport so free parking is one of the perks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I would imagine this is an attractive place to park for the Airport if going somewhere for a day or too. Very common in Melrose/Kinsealy, parts of River Valley and I know that Finglas was also popular before development at Charlestown.

Lots of very cheap parking around the Airport and dozens of buses serving it.

Council does have plans for commuter parking around metro but not near Airside.
    I in fact completely disagree. How much of this industrial estate/carpark was paid for by tax payers money? 99%?

Try 0%. Airside isn't nor was it ever state owned. Tax payers did not contribute whatsoever.

I find it slightly odd because you have no connection to it and are not personally affected by it. I am in the same position and it certainly didn't cause me to express emotion, rather a topic of conversation. To be honest I've more things going on in my life than car parks to get excited about, maybe you're not so fortunate. It is however a relief to know that if I do decide to shop in Airside I will have no trouble looking for parking, thanks to locals like yourself.

No, thank God, I work in the airport so free parking is one of the perks ;)

Well now sounds like if I pushed your button, you sound very excited indeed. Relax dude , keep the emotions in check ,might be no harm taking a chill pill and re-loading.:D

Airport staff do not all have free parking, especially if your a contractor working on T2, mind you dont get clamped in the airport.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Try 0%. Airside isn't nor was it ever state owned. Tax payers did not contribute whatsoever.

No development grants? No tax breaks? No other incentives?

No development grants? No tax breaks? No other incentives?
    I think we are straying off the subject a bit lads. The fact remains that Airside car park is for customers and commuters have nowhere to park. Perhaps we should lobby Fingal Co. Co. on this matter. Dublin Corporation dont care in the least about this problem because it is not in their area of responsibility, but it is in Fingal Co. Co's and it is a problem for a lot of people.
    Regards, BB.:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think we are straying off the subject a bit lads.
    Agreed - please stay on-topic

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

Well now sounds like if I pushed your button, you sound very excited indeed. Relax dude , keep the emotions in check ,might be no harm taking a chill pill and re-loading

And there was me thinking you might have something constructive to add :rolleyes:
    Airport staff do not all have free parking, especially if your a contractor working on T2, mind you dont get clamped in the airport.;)

Your concern for my parking both baffles and flatters me, don't worry, I'm a big boy ;)
    commuters have nowhere to park. Perhaps we should lobby Fingal Co. Co. on this matter. Dublin Corporation dont care in the least about this problem because it is not in their area of responsibility, but it is in Fingal Co. Co's and it is a problem for a lot of people.
    Regards, BB.:)

Not a bad idea, free parking in Swords is extremely scarce now, with the area behind the Main St. one of the few left which is not pay and display, however it is jammed almost every day. A park and ride area, like many had been using Airside for, would almost certainly help ease the congestion on the roads and make public transport more attractive to use and hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i think a park and ride near swords would be just used as an airport car park.

you could only gain access to the carpark with a monthly ticket that cost more than airport parking but may also included free trips on the bus or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Passed airside today on the Swords Express at around 10:05 and there was a guy with a clipboard taking down car numbers. What was interesting was he seemed to concentrating on a group of cars parked at the front of the car park beside the road. As there was loads of free spaces in the car park and these cars were parked away from the shops, it's highly likely that these cars
    were using it as a park and ride facility.

Advertisement