Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Fail of the Year Awards

Options
  • 15-04-2010 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

As the academic year draws to a close, we can sit back and reflect on the events that have transpired in our humble little institution over the past few months. Many of these events will have been great victories for the college or moments of joy. However, the vast majority will be moments of cringeworthy embarassment.

So I ask you, my dearest friends of the TCD forum, what was in your opinion the biggest FAIL in college this year? If we get enough suggestions we can add a poll.

My vote goes to the "flash mob" that failed miserably. A planned flash mob is also a contradiction but I wouldn't expect the idiot orgnaisers to realise this. I think it happened in January or Febuary. The security guards came down on the "rebels" like a tonne of bricks.

What has been the biggest FAIL in collge this year? 70 votes

Pav not being finished on time
    0%
    Flash mob
    2%
    ipnfaceDohnny Jepp 2 votes
    SU elections
    5%
    Sir OphiuchusmarkwhoFo RealPadgeman 4 votes
    Semesterisation
    10%
    GerardKeatingPurpleFistMixerProf.BadassDanteDenerickA Neuroticformula 7 votes
    Trinity Ball/ another college ball
    77%
    ScarinaeandrewsnappieTtenandtracerthe flananatorChi ForcetolosencThirdfoxmathewJC06Shelgaduffman90210Jonathanvladgleninsock puppetdonegalgirl28phlegmsKevskiSligoBrewertimmywex 54 votes
    Other - please specify
    4%
    The Walsholiamygunner29A_Border_Bandit 3 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

The pav not being finished on time, SU elections (shocking turnout), Mick birmingham for not getting nitelinks (i suspect it's the reason he got voted in), SU in general......

Also cuntab's "week of debauchery" :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cuntab

Also cuntab's "week of debauchery" :D.

I'll have you know my week of debauchery has so-far been a riproaring success :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Fo Real wrote: »
    A planned flash mob is also a contradiction but I wouldn't expect the idiot orgnaisers to realise this. I think it happened in January or Febuary.

Eh all flash mobs are planned....

How else do you think they all know where to turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ohh! Can we have a TCD boards awards??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 PapaRatzi

The SU's idea that Holy Week should be renamed "SHAG week".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Trinity's Trolls.

They just ain't what they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jammyc wrote: »
    Ohh! Can we have a TCD boards awards??

No, because someone else will win best lurker stealing my crown/freddos......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Fad wrote: »
    No, because someone else will win best lurker stealing my crown/freddos......
    But think of all the prizes available now that you've been unshadowed! Theres 'Least contemptuous attitude of a UCD student towards TCD' to name one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jammyc wrote: »
    But think of all the prizes available now that you've been unshadowed! Theres 'Least contemptuous attitude of a UCD student towards TCD' to name one.

Dont care about the title of the award, how many freddos do I get?

Is there a trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Semesterisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

My final year project.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seacláid-te

Semesterisation.

have it in one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Denerick's abortion?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

My vote goes to the "flash mob" that failed miserably. A planned flash mob is also a contradiction but I wouldn't expect the idiot orgnaisers to realise this. I think it happened in January or Febuary. The security guards came down on the "rebels" like a tonne of bricks.

I wouldn't call it a failure: http://www.universitytimes.ie/story.php?id=284

Security didn't "come down" on anyone. They stood by and watched. When one minute was up everybody stood up and security let them go on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I wouldn't call it a failure: http://www.universitytimes.ie/story.php?id=284

Security didn't "come down" on anyone. They stood by and watched. When one minute was up everybody stood up and security let them go on their way.

I think the point of a flash mob is to do it completely out of the blue, and not with the pre-arranged cooperation with security i.e. it has to be planned, obviously, but nobody should about it except for the flash-mobbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

SU elections
    Trinity's Trolls.

They just ain't what they used to be.

No "amusing" picture robbed from 4chan this time? I'm dissappointed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Semesterisation

Here you go;

Trolling on the TCD forum. It's like trolling in a sea of trolls

attachment.php?attachmentid=110990&stc=1&d=1271419081

(and we wouldn't want it any other way ;))

They all look so happy and cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Semesterisation
    Boston wrote: »
    They all look so happy and cute.

Well it is a well known fact that sexually reproducing organisms are generally more attracted to their own kind :D.

• Advertisement

I <3 wet troll

3681421943_2992a38e9b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Semesterisation.

Absolutely definitely this.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

12 weeks each term is ****e! Much prefer last year. Why did they change it anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Semesterisation
    The Student Union elections and the Semesterisation referendum were both epic fails with tiny turnouts. Re-inforces the reality that a tiny and creepily motivated minority will dictate the terms of student politics, even though the vast majority of students find the concept of 'student politics' a misnomer and a stain on the conscience of humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

SU elections
    Poll added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

What has been the biggest FAIL in collge this year?

/thread implodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

12 weeks each term is ****e! Much prefer last year. Why did they change it anyways

Im going to trinity in september, doing an evening course. I have 5 different modules each term then exams in the summer. Im just wondering how would this have been done before they brought semesters in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Semesterisation
    jd83 wrote: »
    Im going to trinity in september, doing an evening course. I have 5 different modules each term then exams in the summer. Im just wondering how would this have been done before they brought semesters in?

We used to have three terms, and most arts courses had all of their exams in the summer anyway. The science heads are annoyed because instead of having exams broken up during the year, they have them all in Summer now instead. It depends on what course you will be doing next year if you're worrying about how it will affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Thanks. Im doing information systems. Not really worried as i dont know what it was like before so it will be all new to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Denerick wrote: »
    We used to have three terms, and most arts courses had all of their exams in the summer anyway. The science heads are annoyed because instead of having exams broken up during the year, they have them all in Summer now instead. It depends on what course you will be doing next year if you're worrying about how it will affect you.
    What?

They were always had at the end of the year in Freshman Science, in my 3 years in TCD so far anyway.

Where did you get that information from?

Advertisement