Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Only rumours ….

But all the internet Doctors/Consultants/ Rehab Counsellors are out in force...….

Well done …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

greenspurs wrote: »
    But all the internet Doctors/Consultants/ Rehab Counsellors are out in force...….

Could be a number of things, he also has been known to have a thing for the powder, who knows.

He's clearly in a very bad place any which way, so all the best to him and the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

briany wrote: »
    Someone who, outwardly, has been so careful in managing his addictive tendencies, like James, would probably be reticent to take something like strong painkillers, unless he had to manage quite significant pain and had little other choice. Unless he'd been living under a rock, he'd know what a problem illicit Oxy and Fentanyl use is, particularly in the States.

Maybe he was on them before he became "careful in managing his addictive tendencies".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gutted that the Australia tour has been cancelled, I've got my ticket for the Perth gig in three weeks and had been looking forward to their visit since the world tour started (I last saw them here in 2010). Seeing all the videos and photos from Slane only added to the excitement, plus Slipknot were due to support.

But Hetfield's health is paramount obviously and hopefully he gets the help that's needed. Not gonna read too much into the internet speculation regarding what exactly the issue is but it's serious enough for them to cancel a big leg of the tour. Fingers crossed he can recover and they come back in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It would prob never come to it but imagine if Lars/Kirk and Rob decided to hire a new singer for Metallica

Who could actually do the job I wonder???

Michael Poulson from Volbeat would be decent, Matt Heafy from Trivium would be ok jobs I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It would prob never come to it but imagine if Lars/Kirk and Rob decided to hire a new singer for Metallica

Michael Poulson from Volbeat would be decent, Matt Heafy from Trivium would be ok jobs I think

Pack the idea away, don't even think that.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pack the idea away, don't even think that.

ACDC done it with Axl Rose still seems very odd to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

GTFO! :mad:

Brian's hearing problems and James needing to be treated for an addiction, are two totally different things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭klose

Didn't Newstead fill in for him for one show once upon a time or am I imagining things? Not that that's gonna happen obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Couldn't ever really see it happen. I think that whenever either Lars or James goes, Metallica goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There's a brilliant rammstein video where Till is dead and they're all at his funeral and while his women are fighting at the coffin , the rest of rammstein are huddled away in a corner looking at pictures of possible replacements.....and one of them is our hetfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

There's a brilliant rammstein video where Till is dead and they're all at his funeral and while his women are fighting at the coffin , the rest of rammstein are huddled away in a corner looking at pictures of possible replacements.....and one of them is our hetfield!

Think James has had enough of setting himself on fire in his career!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Here's the way AC/DC works - Angus and Malcolm were Lars and James. Everyone else was Jason. We don't see it this way, but Brian was an employee.

Lars and James, on the other hand, are.... Lars and James. Even if you wanted to sack one, the legal wrangling alone would make you hesitate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

LOL.

You see, what's going to happen is this. Hetfield is walking out of Rehab - cured, and ready to rock. He's already writing St. Anger 2 in his head.

Suddenly the lights do down - somebody hit the lights. An ominous minor e chord is struck and standing behind him is Metallica's new lead singer, none other than Elias.
    elias.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Papa Het turns around, and gets smashed across the head with an acoustic guitar, constructed in questionable fashion, before being hit with a Drift Away. Lars instantly has a set of undies covered in semen, and Kirk can't contain his excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    LOL.

You see, what's going to happen is this. Hetfield is walking out of Rehab - cured, and ready to rock. He's already writing St. Anger 2 in his head.

Suddenly the lights do down - somebody hit the lights. An ominous minor e chord is struck and standing behind him is Metallica's new lead singer, none other than Elias.

Papa Het turns around, and gets smashed across the head with an acoustic guitar, constructed in questionable fashion, before being hit with a Drift Away. Lars instantly has a set of undies covered in semen, and Kirk can't contain his excitement.

Who's this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is no Metallica without James. Forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rob316 wrote: »
    Who's this guy?

Elias

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

rob316 wrote: »
    There is no Metallica without James.
    FACT!

Anybody thinking otherwise is delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

...somebody hit the lights...

I like what you did there.

If you had 4 lads riding horses wildly onto the stage afterwards then it would just have been perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

LOL.

I'll be honest, I didn't understand a word of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'll be honest, I didn't understand a word of that!

I think that poster should be in rehab too!!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So what's this counting down to do you reckon?

https://metallicaxx.com

(link came from an official Metallica tweet so definitely legit)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Release date of s&m2 surely

Mushy wrote: »
    Release date of s&m2 surely

S&M2 live album would be my guess, apparently the countdown ends on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Hopefully them calling it a day. They've had a long career (perhaps too long), and I think they deserve to put their feet up and enjoy a comfortable retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hopefully them calling it a day. They've had a long career (perhaps too long), and I think they deserve to put their feet up and enjoy a comfortable retirement.

About as likely as Lars saying he was wrong about Napster

Maybe a short retirement until promoters throw $$$ at them

Nah think and hoping it will be a Album/DVD of S&M2. That would be a nice xmas viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

XX is twenty in Roman Numerals, so it's more than likely to do with S&M 2. They wouldn't set up a brand new website just to announce that they were breaking up. That would be ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

About as likely as Lars saying he was wrong about Napster
    Still plenty more money to be milked I suppose.

Advertisement