Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right turn onto Auburn Ave...on the never never

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The N3 doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment that's for sure. As someone who approaches from the Snugborough Road slip I then have to try to cross to the far right lane (from the slip which is far left) in order to go straight on!! September will be a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

athtrasna wrote: »
    The N3 doesn't make a lot of sense at the moment that's for sure. As someone who approaches from the Snugborough Road slip I then have to try to cross to the far right lane (from the slip which is far left) in order to go straight on!! September will be a nightmare!

By September hopefully the whole junction will be open so you'll only have to get to the middle lane. The right lane will be for going on the M50S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i like it how it is without the right turn inbound to auburn. i've used it a few times via travellodge and i think it works pretty well.

the main concern i'd have is the delays outbound which seem to be there everytime i look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Random wrote: »
    i like it how it is without the right turn inbound to auburn. i've used it a few times via travellodge and i think it works pretty well.

the main concern i'd have is the delays outbound which seem to be there everytime i look.

The main cause of the delay outbound now appears to be the way the lanes literally "shift right" after where Scott's Roundabout used to be. Very few people seem capable of following the lanes and insetad they slam on the brakes, causing delays all the way back to Auburn Avenue.

Hopefully with a lot of the northbound and southbound traffic on the M50 now bypassing the area of Scott's Roundabout when they join the N3, outbound traffic from Ashtown should have little trouble joining the main corridor of the N3 up by Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

there's also an issue of lanes merging together just after the auburn lights northbound. more ****ing stupid road markings and cones which seem to be there just to annoy and confuse idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

In fairness you've got to allow for people who only use those junctions rarely, and perhaps only once in a blue moon. For those people its a nighmare because it not very logical.

Being Irish you expect the signs to be wrong half the time. I don't entirely trsut them, and usually I'm right not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LittleLiam

I noticed there was a collision at the Auburn Avenue on Weds evening. Looked as though a car had been trying to make a right turn and an army truck had rammed into the back of it. Didn't look too clever. The first of many i'm sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

LittleLiam wrote: »
    I noticed there was a collision at the Auburn Avenue on Weds evening. Looked as though a car had been trying to make a right turn and an army truck had rammed into the back of it. Didn't look too clever. The first of many i'm sure!

Yeah, saw that. Army truck was always going to win that one!

It does highlight why the right turn was taken away; with that many lanes of traffic behind you, especially coming downhill off the overpass, you dont want to be stopped waiting to go right.

I would suggest more signage is needed, but people just ignore them anyway. Presumably they feel the signs dont apply to them as they are more important than the rest of us mere mortals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

... or past experience has shown them that the signs are usually wrong. Which is my own experience of signs in Ireland. In this case, I wouldn't be expecting to go far left to make a right turn, and by the time you see that sign you're past it.

They need to direct people via a detour over the Pheonix park over pass under a no right turn sign. If the truck wasn't able to stop, thats the trucks fault. Doesn't help anyone hurt in an accident though.

Advertisement