Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Relevant Instagram story from Healy today....

uBGBTZc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

A prop calling out a winger for being fat.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hint of cleavage there?

Clegg wrote: »
    Hint of cleavage there?

Made+me+think+of+little+britain+p+_90629531cd5263e44c55582ecb59373c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good to see Donnacha Ryan back on bench for Racing. Russell starting at 10 (Townsend must be delighted..). No Zebo. https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1101527523425284097?s=19

13 mins in and already 19-0 to Racing v La Rochelle. Thomas with 2 tries already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Eod100 wrote: »
    13 mins in and already 19-0 to Racing v La Rochelle. Thomas with 2 tries already.

The Top 14 really is a joke to watch. The tackling at times has been abismal. Racing could win by 50 points it's so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Good to see Donnacha Ryan back on bench for Racing. Russell starting at 10 (Townsend must be delighted..). No Zebo. https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1101527523425284097?s=19

Heard they couldn't get Zebo out of the patisserie.

Perpignan 8-17 Toulon at ht. Perpignan lead 8-0, Toulon got pen then 2 tries before ht.

Perpignan look almost certain to be relegated, only on 8 points currently. Grenoble on 20.

Even with a 5 pointer today, looks like Toulon will be playing their rugby in Challenge Cup next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

And no Jackson in the 23 again.

At this stage they'd surely release him if someone wanted him?

And no Jackson in the 23 again.

At this stage they'd surely release him if someone wanted him?

He was on bench alright, came on about 55 mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

He was on bench alright, came on about 55 mins

My mistake, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Was Zebbs dropped or is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Mike Prendegast has such a lovely French accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Was Zebbs dropped or is he injured?

He's out injured this whole week

Big result for Toulouse being Stade Francais away 9-28. Racing Toulouse should be a great game in CC qf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

No chance of any changes before the World Cup but if France lose to Italy this weekend I think it would be curtains for Brunel but for the timing of the championship.

Himself and Laporte pals obviously but still...

No chance of any changes before the World Cup but if France lose to Italy this weekend I think it would be curtains for Brunel but for the timing of the championship.

Himself and Laporte pals obviously but still...

Think it would be an upset if Italy won even with France's form fairly ropey!

Think it would be an upset if Italy won even with France's form fairly ropey!

Italy haven't rolled over at home at all this year. They made us work for it and put Wales under pressure.

I think if they make a dog of the fixture they might turn France over given their current state.

I wouldn't be expecting it - but I'm not sure it would be a surprise either.

Italy haven't rolled over at home at all this year. They made us work for it and put Wales under pressure.

I think if they make a dog of the fixture they might turn France over given their current state.

I wouldn't be expecting it - but I'm not sure it would be a surprise either.

Forgot it's at home. Bookies have them at 5/2 for win so bit lower than I expected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Reminder that the Clermont - Pau game is live on Sky Sports this morning - kick off is at the early hour of 11.30 (Irish time). Toulouse - Lyon is also being shown live, ko at 15.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

A group of us are flying over to watch Toulouse V Clermont. We booked it in January, but the match has been switched from Saturday to Sunday accommodate TV. We cannot change flights so we cannot attend the match.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a groups of 15 lads to do in Toulouse! We would love to rock up to a local club game and perch ourselves at the bar.

Help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clermont v Racing is 31-31 with two minutes remaining. Racing have done well to bring the scoreboard level, but Clermont really should be a few scores ahead. They were so dominant for 50-60 minutes.

Racing get a last minute scrum pen just outside Clermont's 22.

MACHENEUD MISSES!!!

FFR to pay former France head coach Guy Noves €1m for wrongful dismissal.

"The FFR alleged Noves was guilty of serious misconduct, but a Toulouse labour tribunal decided otherwise. Noves was asking for €2.88million.

Both parties have the right to appeal, although initial reactions suggested that they were happy with the outcome.

"I am satisfied with this decision. The FFR said there was serious misconduct and the tribunal said there was none," Noves, the first ever France coach to be sacked, told reporters.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/ffr-to-pay-former-france-head-coach-guy-noves-1m-for-wrongful-dismissal-37993385.html

Imagine going through all that just to replace him with Brunel who is doing a much worse job.

It looks as though Stu Olding may well be playing in Top 14 next season as Brive have finished top of Pro D2.

They've a home semi against Vannes or Mont de Marsan and if they win, a probable final against Oyonnax.

The winner will go straight up, the losers will have to play-off with Grenoble.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Great news. Don't forget Rory Scholes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

damianmcr wrote: »

Easy enough to forget. He's been anonymous any time I've seen him

damianmcr wrote: »

It's rather hard not to, tbh! :pac:

Even his wikipedia record doesn't realise that he's gone to C A Brive!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Allrugby seem to have him moving back to Connacht

https://www.allrugby.com/joueurs/rory-scholes-4072.html

Advertisement