Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

And a 4th try for Brive now !!!!!! 27-0 up now!

Lyon with a penalty kick just gone ahead again. 23-21.
    But Wisniewski has a penalty now to (re)(re)(re)(re)take the lead. And it's in! 24-23 for Grenoble!

---

As it stands. Oyonnax back in the play-off. UBB 7th. And Bayonne down.

And Bézy scored a superb try !!! Huge blow to UBB! ST 23-15 up.

And Lyon ahead again. 26-24!

---

And a dropgoal for Lyon. 29-24 up. If Grenoble concedes anything they go down.

And try for UBB now ! 23-22 for Toulouse.

... In the meantime Racing got a 4th try and Toulon a 6th one while Oyonnax got a consoltaion one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Lyon 26 Grenoble 24....I fear for Grenoble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Lyon 26 Grenoble 24....I fear for Grenoble.

my head hurts trying to follow all this. are grenoble staying up, going down ??

29-24 now!

• Advertisement

Converted try for Toulouse...back in front by 1 pt.

....and UBB miss a penalty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Wow

Beauxis you bottler

Jesus :eek: !!! The final in Toulouse is more than epic. Toulouse stole a line-out in their 30m, Flood kicked the ball very far. Unfortunately it went out of the pitch. So scrum UBB where the kick was done. Phew...

And on the scrum Toulouse forwards got penalised. Easy penalty kick for UBB in Toulouse 22m. Time's over. And incredibly Beauxis missed it :eek:. It was the kick for a top6 finish! Oyonnax can celebrate!

201505232207-full.jpg

Poor UBB....that consigns them to 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think it's Castres who are gone if Grenoble get a LBP.

• Advertisement

It's over in Brive. BRIVE ARE SAFE !!! 27-0 vs Stade Français.

ea5df.jpg

Over in Lyon. GRENOBLE ARE SAFE by the skin of their teeth :eek: !!! They got their LBP losing 29-24.

photo-afp.jpg

iroced wrote: »
    Over in Lyon. GRENOBLE ARE SAFE. They got their LBP losing 29-24.

Wow - couldn't have been closer.

So Bayonne down to Pro 2. Castres made just survived.

And dramatic scenes in Jean Dauger where Bayonne despite winning 45-12 (7 tries to 2) and after 11 years in the elite league will join Biarritz in Pro D2.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsaxU1ZznfyRUsezDhcIMo9LPsweBeDrOrQWPEHTic9IyvmL5i

There's no more Basque clubs in Top14 !!!

I can't believe Beauxis missed that - pressure I know, and while I didn't see it, I gather it wasn't a difficult kick.

Dammit anyway. I love UBB.

Right - note to self. Brush up the French before next year!

So. What a wonderful day of rugby! Feels like the last day of 6N this year. Can't we create such stake for every week-end :p ?!

GW 38

Montpellier - Clermont : 17 (2T) - 29 (2T)
    Lyon - Grenoble : 29 (2T) - 24 (2T)
    Bayonne - La Rochelle : 45 (7T) - 12 (2T)
    Toulouse - Bordeaux : 23 (2T) - 22 (3T)
    Toulon - Oyonnax : 46 (6T) - 17 (2T)
    Brive - Stade Français : 27 (3T) - 0
    Racing - Castres : 53 (6T) - 10 (2T)

41 tries !!!!!! One home defeat, the honours go to my own team :rolleyes:...

Fair play to Toulouse who came back into their game despite playign about 1h down to 14 men. Though they also owe their victory to Beauxis overtime crazy missed penalty :eek:! Pressure got him and as a result UBB won't make the quarters!

Well done Brive who had the toughest challenge today and brilliantly succeeded in achieving it.
    Credits to Bayonne too for their great game. They also did what they had to.
    And well Grenoble can consider themselves very very very lucky. They just about got their LBP which equalled safety. I presume that credits have to be given for their good game last week home to Toulouse though.
    Finally well done to Castres to eventually manage to escape from this disastrous season and stay in top14.

Oh and utter shame to Montpellier !!! A crap season with a huge mess inside the club and a real stop in our constant progression for the last decade. Hopefully good decisions will be taken in the summer break!

So. The 2014/15 Top 14 regular season ends like this.

Toulon 76
    Clermont 75
    Toulouse 70
    Stade Français 70
    Racing Métro 92 65
    Oyonnax 62
    Union Bordeaux-Bègles 61
    Montpellier 55
    La Rochelle 54
    Brive 53
    Grenoble 53
    Castres 52
    Bayonne 52
    Lyon 41

Huge congratulations to Oyonnax for making the the top14 quartes and qualifying for next year ERC! What were the odds at the start of the season?
    A pity for UBB. All the mess around Ibañez linked with the France job (*) penalised them in the end. That's where they lost a top6 finish. Not tonight in reality.
    Congrats to la Rochelle too. Great rugby and they get rewarded for it. This pleases me. Exactly like UBB last year.
    And again shame on Montpellier. A shameful season.

(*) And all for nothing since now it seems it's a battle between Novès and Woodward...

So. What a wonderful day of rugby! Feels like the last day of 6N this year. Can't we create such stake for every week-end :p ?!

GW 38

Montpellier - Clermont : 17 (2T) - 29 (2T)
    Lyon - Grenoble : 29 (2T) - 24 (2T)
    Bayonne - La Rochelle : 45 (7T) - 12 (2T)
    Toulouse - Bordeaux : 23 (2T) - 22 (3T)
    Toulon - Oyonnax : 46 (6T) - 17 (2T)
    Brive - Stade Français : 27 (3T) - 0
    Racing - Castres : 53 (6T) - 10 (2T)

41 tries !!!!!! One home defeat, the honours go to my own team :rolleyes:...

Fair play to Toulouse who came back into their game despite playign about 1h down to 14 men. Though they also owe their victory to Beauxis overtime crazy missed penalty :eek:! Pressure got him and as a result UBB won't make the quarters!

Well done Brive who had the toughest challenge today and brilliantly succeeded in achieving it.
    Credits to Bayonne too for their great game. They also did what they had to.
    And well Grenoble can consider themselves very very very lucky. They just about got their LBP which equalled safety. I presume that credits have to be given for their good game last week home to Toulouse though.
    Finally well done to Castres to eventually manage to escape from this disastrous season and stay in top14.

Oh and utter shame to Montpellier !!! A crap season with a huge mess inside the club and a real stop in our constant progression for the last decade. Hopefully good decisions will be taken in the summer break!

So. The 2014/15 Top 14 regular season ends like this.

Toulon 76
    Clermont 75
    Toulouse 70
    Stade Français 70
    Racing Métro 92 65
    Oyonnax 62
    Union Bordeaux-Bègles 61
    Montpellier 55
    La Rochelle 54
    Brive 53
    Grenoble 53
    Castres 52
    Bayonne 52
    Lyon 41

Huge congratulations to Oyonnax for making the the top14 quartes and qualifying for next year ERC! What were the odds at the start of the season?
    A pity for UBB. All the mess around Ibañez linked with the France job (*) penalised them in the end. That's where they lost a top6 finish. Not tonight in reality.
    Congrats to la Rochelle too. Great rugby and they get rewarded for it. This pleases me. Exactly like UBB last year.
    And again shame on Montpellier. A shameful season.

(*) And all for nothing since now it seems it's a battle between Novès and Woodward...

Fabulous day, just like last year - it went right up to the last minute.

Many thanks for the updates all afternoon.

Phew!

Yesterday, Agen got promotted to the Top14 after another dramatic win over Mont-de-Marsan (16-15).

Mont-de-Marsan scored first and were 7-6 up ah HT. But Agen came back with an early try in the second half (with again Taylor Paris). Mont-de-Marsan kicker missed an easy penalty in front of the post after the hour mark and the very tough last min conversion after their second try which let them 1 pt shy off top14...

Well done Agen !

201505251646-full.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

What's the set up of Agen like? Do they have a big backer or are likely to average over 10,000 at home games?

Some massive clubs in ProD2 such as Bayonne, Biarritz, USP and cash rich Lyon. Such a difficult division to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

vienne86 wrote: »
    I can't believe Beauxis missed that - pressure I know, and while I didn't see it, I gather it wasn't a difficult kick.

Dammit anyway. I love UBB.

Nope it wasn't a hard kick at all really but with the pressure on and against his old team etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yohann Artru, David Attoub, Thomas Bianchin, Alexandre Bias, Maximiliano Bustos, Lucas Dupont, Teddy Iribaren, Chris King, Na'ama Leleimalefaga, Nahuel Lobo, Wynand Olivier, Jonathan Pélissié, Fred Quercy, Rene Ranger, Enzo Selponi, Benoît Sicart, Alex Tulou, Samisoni Viriviri, Albert Vulivuli.

All of the above are leaving Montpellier. That's quite a clearout but one that was coming after a poor season.

Yohann Artru, David Attoub, Thomas Bianchin, Alexandre Bias, Maximiliano Bustos, Lucas Dupont, Teddy Iribaren, Chris King, Na'ama Leleimalefaga, Nahuel Lobo, Wynand Olivier, Jonathan Pélissié, Fred Quercy, Rene Ranger, Enzo Selponi, Benoît Sicart, Alex Tulou, Samisoni Viriviri, Albert Vulivuli.

All of the above are leaving Montpellier. That's quite a clearout but one that was coming after a poor season.
    Pélissié & Tulou are big losses.

There's a question mark around Trinh-Duc & Ouédraogo since both had linked their future at the club to Fabien Galthié. We still don't really know what exactly was the source of the internal mess at the club so maybe they changed their mind but I have to admit I'm quite terrified by this upcoming summer transfer window. We're heading towards a huge change and it's not how the club was built, neither how it developped and progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

The Top 14 play offs and final will be screened on TV5monde.
    Details here

http://www.rugbyworld.com/countries/france-countries/france-top-14-rugby-schedule-on-tv5monde-45610

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Stade V Racing is on Sky Sport 1 tonight while tomorrow Toulouse v oyonnax on Sky Sports 5. Good overage from sky.

Tonight's slot on sky sports 1 is a great one, hopefully it's be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

For those people without Sky Sports, TV5 are also showing the playoffs live.

Stade V Racing is on Sky Sport 1 tonight while tomorrow Toulouse v oyonnax on Sky Sports 5. Good overage from sky.

Tonight's slot on sky sports 1 is a great one, hopefully it's be a good game.
    .......good slot for what should be a good match tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Pélissié & Tulou are big losses

Tulou has signed with Castres, Pelissie with Toulon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Soft enough opening try for Stade there. Racing will need to sharpen up quick or they'll be out of this.

Advertisement