Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity mature student interviews

Options
  • 13-04-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all ,

Just had my two trinity interviews one yesterday for world religion and one today for history

Religion interview was just with dept head on her own
    really relaxed more of a chat , she asked what I was interested in , any particular part of course I look forward to , and as I've applied for Jewish and Islam civ aswell she asked if I had a preference on which one I did !

History , was with dept of head and another tutor , I was expecting a grilling but it was fine they asked why history ? How will I finance it ? What do I want to do with it ? How am I with big book loads and my part will I find the hardest ? And had I any questions ,,,
    so very happy a lil overwhelmed it's all over and out of my hands now but

Il know in afew wks so fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else !!

Jen

So
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

jennebean wrote: »
    Hi all ,

Just had my two trinity interviews one yesterday for world religion and one today for history

Religion interview was just with dept head on her own
    really relaxed more of a chat , she asked what I was interested in , any particular part of course I look forward to , and as I've applied for Jewish and Islam civ aswell she asked if I had a preference on which one I did !

History , was with dept of head and another tutor , I was expecting a grilling but it was fine they asked why history ? How will I finance it ? What do I want to do with it ? How am I with big book loads and my part will I find the hardest ? And had I any questions ,,,
    so very happy a lil overwhelmed it's all over and out of my hands now but

Il know in afew wks so fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else !!

Jen

So
    Hello
    my sister has an interview next week, she would like to know how long the interview lasts for please?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jennebean

Yesterday was bout 10-15 min and was more of a chat
    today was about15 -20 mins but propper questions from them they book ppl in for 15 mins at a time but you mite be under or over but only by id say 5 mins

Good luck to her ;)
    it's daunting but tell her it's fine they aren't out to get ya there grand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ni churraoin

I had my 1st interview today at trinity for physio. It felt extremely quick probably only 20mins r so. I had 3people interviewing me+they each asked a question. It was very relaxed but the fact that I havent been in education in 10years seemed to be their biggest issue so it was a bit disheartening to be honest.....I am applying as a mature after all so my life experience should be taken into consideration more than my lack of degree!!
    Did anyone else have interview for physiotherapy??

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭The Evil Monkey

Just wondering if anyone who had an interview already heard back and if so, how long it took to hear something. I know they tell you you'll get news sometime in May, but last year it was much quicker than that for me. Don't think I can take the nerves much longer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Just wondering if anyone who had an interview already heard back and if so, how long it took to hear something. I know they tell you you'll get news sometime in May, but last year it was much quicker than that for me. Don't think I can take the nerves much longer! :)

I had my interview back in March, and I hadn't heard anything back. I decided recently to be cheeky and contact the person who interviewed me - who said that I've been accepted. :D

I'd say it would be no harm at all to follow up with your interviewer; even if they haven't made a decision you're showing your continued interest in the course.

• Advertisement

I was told by other mature students that I cud know by Friday but when I asked in interview yesterday they said 2-3 wks depending on my subject combos so I'm hopin to know in 1-2 wks
    this waiting game is a killer .

Morgase wrote: »
    I had my interview back in March, and I hadn't heard anything back. I decided recently to be cheeky and contact the person who interviewed me - who said that I've been accepted. :D

I'd say it would be no harm at all to follow up with your interviewer; even if they haven't made a decision you're showing your continued interest in the course.

Congrats , what's ur subject ?how long do u think I shud give it b4 I call them ? Interviews were on monday ams Tuesday !
    don't wanna piss em off if they r undecided !

Thanks jennebean :)

My course is Human Genetics. I gave it a good three weeks before getting in touch. So perhaps you should give it a little more time before calling them.

I know where you're coming from with wanting to know though; the waiting is fecking tough!

I know I know , I'm just twitching argghhh tell me tell me I've been waiting since last feb I moved home n was too late to apply for last yr .
    Mondays interview as much as said I have it but it's a tsm so I need to pass yesterdays interview , keep thinkin about it , should of said this mabey shouldn't of said that bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My course is Human Genetics. I gave it a good three weeks before getting in touch. So perhaps you should give it a little more time before calling them.

I know where you're coming from with wanting to know though; the waiting is fecking tough!

I was contacted 2 weeks before the interview. They don't give you much time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭browne111

They told me at the interview that I wouldnt hear back for a couple of weeks. That was on the thursday and I recieved a letter in the post by the next Monday offering a place. so you should hear really soon. Good Luck!!

im dying to know , it all depends on my tuesday interview monday went real well she as much as said i hav the place just need to pass history interview which was abit tougher .

hurry up dammit !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Nobody I know who's applying for the course I am has been called for interview, (about 30 or so people) and we all got notification the interview dates are next week?? Should I ring the school itself or would that be a bit too pushy?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Nobody I know who's applying for the course I am has been called for interview, (about 30 or so people) and we all got notification the interview dates are next week?? Should I ring the school itself or would that be a bit too pushy?

I'd leave it. Especially if no-one else has heard back yet. Patience... you'll need it in Med. :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Patience... you'll need it in Med. :D

but but..... Grey's Anatomy didn't tell me that part....;)

it will be 3 wks on monday and im dying to know do u think its ok to ring now ????

I'd say so! Best of luck!

do u know who i shud ring , mature student office or history dept ?

Contact the professor(s) who interviewed you. They're the ones making the decision and it might be a few days before they let Admissions know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Capricorn1

Hi

I attended an interview last week in Trinity College for the Social Work course. This morning I received a phone call from them requesting references. Do you think they are asking everyone that attended interview for references, or do you think this means they have considered me for a place. I don't want to get my hopes up, I didn't ask if I got a place, didnt want to sound too pushy, but the suspense is killing me. Does anyone know if this is a good sign or if it is just normal procedure to ask all for references.

• Advertisement

I'd hazard it's a good sign! I'm not an expert by any meanas, but from personal experience, two friends of mine went for the same course, one was asked for references and accepted, the other got a polite pfo letter. Fingers crossed :)

hey all
    bloke in my class got an offer in maynooth last wk and got an offer for trinity yesterday so its obviously starting anyone else any news i am so stressed out about this .

im so stressed im waiting on this poxy letter but im affraid to ring them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Capricorn1

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I'd hazard it's a good sign! I'm not an expert by any meanas, but from personal experience, two friends of mine went for the same course, one was asked for references and accepted, the other got a polite pfo letter. Fingers crossed :)

Oh hopefully, fingers croosed... my toes are crossed, ha. Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vincenzo30

Hi All, I am wondering if any could provide m with any information, tips or advice. I received a letter this week inviting me to attend an interview as a mature student for Social Work in Trinity.

Has anyone experienced the interview process for this course in Trinity as a Mature Student? if so what type of questions are asked? how long does the interview last? any tips of preparing beforehand? any tips or advice at all would bee much appreciated.

The interview is in two weeks and I really want a place on this course so would be great to hear from any who has been through the process.

Thank You All

Vincenzo

• Registered Users Posts: 42 voxbot

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone who applied for Psychology in Trinity got called for an interview yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've applied for BESS at Trinity.

Haven't heard anything yet. If I don't hear by the end of this week I reckon it's a non-runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo Valentino

voxbot wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone who applied for Psychology in Trinity got called for an interview yet?

I applied as a mature student for psychology and sat the aptitude test this year and I haven't heard anything yet, Voxbot. It seems everyone is being called for interviews at the moment for other subjects. I know a friend of mine who applied for psychology got a refusal letter already. So having not received a refusal I don't know whether to take it as a good sign! Having said that I sat an ATROCIOUS aptitude test. Tense times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aonie

Hi all!

Did maybe any of ye apply to TCD for dental science or dental hygiene? If so, did u get a reply form them yet/ and interview invitation?

Would really apriciate any info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eagerly awaiting

I contacted the Mature Student Officer because I was worried the letter about interviews never arrived (we've been having some post issues with our address). She said that interview decisions about my courses hadn't been made yet, so it looks like for most courses nothings been sent out yet from TCD. I know someone who's waiting to hear back for English Lit who hasn't heard anything as well.
    Guess there's nothing to do but be patient! :D

Advertisement